Why is Doc given so many mulligans?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wvwc61. Show wvwc61's posts

Why is Doc given so many mulligans?

The best thing he can do is explain why they lost during a post game conference. If they suck on defense and don't move the ball well on offense and are out of shape isn't he partly responsible? At least when BB loses he'll say the coaching and the players did a poor job. If you liston to Tommy H, he is very critical of the way this team plays without blaming some of it on Doc. I understand that because he works for the C's. But if you spoke to him off the record, I'm sure he put some of the blame on the coaching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Why is Doc given so many mulligans?

Because he won a championship, got the Celts to the finals an additional time, is one of the best "set piece" coaches out of timeouts, and is widely considered a top three to top seven coach in the league (though to be fair is usually not named in the very top group with Popovich). Doc is also great at getting the team to peak at the right times. 

Tommy H loves Doc. 

Doc himself admits he has to do better if you listen to his interviews. 

That said Doc is not beyond criticism and so far this year is not looking like a very good coaching job on his part. It's still pretty early but I do think Doc gets his share of blame and criticism, particularly if he says the team is tired (out of shape) - that's on him, and getting Rondo to defend correctly is on him to a large degree as well. 

so, yeah, Doc should get some heat right now. But you wondered why he does get some mulligans so there's some reasons for you. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Because he won a championship, got the Celts to the finals an additional time, is one of the best "set piece" coaches out of timeouts, and is widely considered a top three to top seven coach in the league (though to be fair is usually not named in the very top group with Popovich). Doc is also great at getting the team to peak at the right times. 

Tommy H loves Doc. 

Doc himself admits he has to do better if you listen to his interviews. 

That said Doc is not beyond criticism and so far this year is not looking like a very good coaching job on his part. It's still pretty early but I do think Doc gets his share of blame and criticism, particularly if he says the team is tired (out of shape) - that's on him, and getting Rondo to defend correctly is on him to a large degree as well. 

so, yeah, Doc should get some heat right now. But you wondered why he does get some mulligans so there's some reasons for you. 

[/QUOTE]

The moves Danny made were not so good and did not address the most pressing need a big man to help KG.  Sullinger is not a big man, a guy 6-10 to 7ft is what we need.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

The team isn't responding to his coaching.  Rondo does what he wants.  You can see his frustration with Rondo running wild (or holding the ball stifling the offensive flow) and watching a once dependable Pierce fade.  I don't think Doc has his heart in this anymore.  Probably time for a change sooner than later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Darko was also a wasted move......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The team isn't responding to his coaching.  Rondo does what he wants.  You can see his frustration with Rondo running wild (or holding the ball stifling the offensive flow) and watching a once dependable Pierce fade.  I don't think Doc has his heart in this anymore.  Probably time for a change sooner than later.

[/QUOTE]

I don't question Doc's dedication to his job. While the fans may question his coaching decisions at times, the real problem lies with the players themselves. The two new major acquisitions, Terry and Lee, aren't playing at the levels they're expected to. Also, Green and Bass have been disappointing thus far. Add to this the fact that the team does not have a true center. Responsibility for the Celtics' present failings should probably be cast more on Danny Ainge because he's ultimately responsible for all player signings and movements. Besides, the Celtics are on the hook with Doc Rivers for another four years at $7 million per season. They'll still have to pay Doc if they fire him. Mulligans are cheaper.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Every line up change has been tried and re tried...you can only make so many line up changes..

He has pushed, prodded, coddled, and called out his team..

Defense and rebounding is about attitude and effort.

You can't teach some attributes,along with height and or girth, either they are there or not

This team is soft...period