Why is Krstic not playing enough minutes?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

Why is Krstic not playing enough minutes?

I figured Krstic would be averaging 15-19 minutes a game during playoffs & Doc is not using him enough. He is only averaging 5-7 mins/game so far.

I dunno but it seems like the C's wasted away trading Perk for Krstic thinking that he would play more minutes but its the opposite.

When Danny completed the trades and then grabbed Troy Murphy I felt that the C's were once again the Team to win it all but there just seems to be something missing and I just have NOT felt the same about them as the intimidating elite team (formerly with Perk, Shaq, & JON) to be champs this year and I hope i am 100% wrong becuz this truly is their last chance as the Core 4 to win Banner #18

JON is doing great and the C's are a healthier team with all the trades but are they really better w/out Perk and with Krstic? Anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Re: Why is Krstic not playing enough minutes?

Krstic is a horrible player.  I think that accounts for his lack of playing time.

He is absolutely useless. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

In Response to Why is Krstic not playing enough minutes?:
    [QUOTE]I figured Krstic would be averaging 15-19 minutes a game during playoffs & Doc is not using him enough. He is only averaging 5-7 mins/game so far. I dunno but it seems like the C's wasted away trading Perk for Krstic thinking that he would play more minutes but its the opposite. JON is doing great and the C's are a healthier team with all the trades but are they really better w/out Perk and with Krstic? Anyone?
    Posted by rman0909[/QUOTE]

I think it's really a matter of Krstic simply not producing when he's out there.  I never liked the trade, I don't like it now, I think Green's "contributions" aren't worth the move if you're talking about winning it all this year,  I'd love to see a Perk-JO rotation down low, I think it would make Baby better, make the team better.  But, the elephant in the room is Shaq.  He just wasn't supposed to not be playing.  He was supposed to be a key contributor and he's in a suit on the bench. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

Kristic is a face the basket kind of center with no post up moves and his defense is horrible.  Your best bet is jermaine but he is old and cant even give you 30 min.  Shaq is done so the Celtics have nothing down low!!! You need another body down there.  But against Miami u might be able to get away with it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

I see Krstic out there on the floor and I dunno but he just seems too soft of a player. 

Why doesn't Doc play Troy Murphy? I'm not saying that Perk was the answer (he only scored 2 pts and 6 rebounds in today's games vs Grizzlies) but he sure was a defensive presence and his stats would have likely improved with the Cs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Krstic's 2 reb's and 0 points in 6 mins was the same as Illgauskas's 4 reb's and 0 points in 13 mins.

I would just play them against each other since they are both 7-footers w/ the same type of game.

Krstic had his one shot just rim out today. He doesn't play enough mins to be useful tho... his best use is not having JON waste his mins on the court against Big Z when he could be burning them on Bosh and Anthony.

When Shaq returns he should get those 6-8 mins of Krstic's to burn off the rust in games 3-4. Then hopefully be back to his 15 minute, 9 point, 5 rebound self by games 5-7, when he could win us the series.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Why is Krstic not playing enough minutes?:
    [QUOTE]Kristic is a face the basket kind of center with no post up moves and his defense is horrible.  Your best bet is jermaine but he is old and cant even give you 30 min.  Shaq is done so the Celtics have nothing down low!!! You need another body down there.  But against Miami u might be able to get away with it
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN[/QUOTE]

I agree with you for the most part. There are two things to consider, however, one is that Krstic is not that bad on defense especially compared to BB whose size make him a huge liability on defense. Krstic will also get you rebounds that BB won't. In addition to this, Krstic will get you more points inside of six feet. As we all know this is where titles are won or lost. You are very correct in stating that size is not that important against Miami other than Boston missing out on a great opportunity to take advantage of Miami's huge weakness in the middle. Unfortunately, the Celtics now have that same weakness...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

While I don't believe in make believe and as funny as it sounds Erden would have tore the hell out of Miami's interior with his hustle (which Miami would not have been able to match), athleticism, and ability to score down low. Ugh, why did Ainge give him away?!! for Murphy? geez, I can't figure out why Doc won't use him. Here is the thing guys. Miami has a huge weakness in the middle and Boston has two guys in Murphy and Krstic who may not be All-Stars but are more than adequate in taking advantage of Miami's lack of size. Doc seems to be playing Miami's game rather than forcing Miami to play the type of game in which they are not equipped to handle.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Uh...could it be cause he sucks? Just asking.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JREwing. Show JREwing's posts

Krstic is a scrub!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

I meant murphy.