Why Pierce Got the 61m

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m

In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : Insanity, that is what this line of thinking is. There are friendships all over the NBA, it doesn't mean people sabotage their own teams over them. All you have is an insane theory that makes no sense, with absolutely nothing in regard to proof. 
    Posted by Give-in-to-it[/QUOTE]

Sadly your right, but it is P34. I've schooled him badly on this forum but forgive him as he is green to the core.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : You Celtics guys just crack me up. Supposedly, Jerry West, who wasn't even associated with Memphis in any way, gave the Lakers the opportunity to "steal" Gasol. Never mind the fact that an ex Celtic, Chris Wallace, was the GM that made that trade. McHale on the other hand, handed Garnett to the Celtics, and left Minnesota a barren wasteland of which they have yet to recover.  Meanwhile the Grizzlies, who were most interested in expiring contracts have become a better team than they were before the trade. Mr. Wallace still has his job in Memphis, amazing for a guy who allowed a player of Gasol's ability to be high jacked away, or stolen as you apparently believe. It takes a biased perspective of enormous dimensions to not see that kind of insanity.

I was making a ridiculous point to a ridiculous comment made by your homie, koME.  I wasn't speaking to you in any way.  I know a lot about both trades.  But I responded to a ridiculous comment by a ridiculous poster.  Actually, the lakers offered Bynum AND Odom for KG at the time.  MN, more interested in younger players, and expiring contracts, took FIVE for one, plus draft picks.  One of them was your current end-of-the-bench guy, Theo Ratliff.  The other was a young stud in Al Jefferson, who should be a monster this year in Utah, now that he,too, has good players around him.  The rest were just fillers to make the numbers work.  And West was a consultant for the Griz at the time.....just for the record.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : I'm of a belief that McHale 'gave' KG away to the Celtics primarily because I think at the time KG expressed a desire to play in L.A with Kobe. McHale was still green to the core and railroaded this by setting up a deal with Boston. As for the Gasol deal, it would appear that the Grizz have come out of it ok. There in a far better position than the TWolves. Such is life!
    Posted by RUMcHale[/QUOTE]

Fail to see how the Griz came out of it ok.  Yes, they improved from 24 to 40 wins last year, can that hold up again?  The TWolves, on the other hand, went from 24  wins (tied with the Griz) to 17.  Is that because they had major injuries, or because Rambis can't coach?
    Time will tell, such is life!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : I was making a ridiculous point to a ridiculous comment made by your homie, koME.  I wasn't speaking to you in any way.  I know a lot about both trades.  But I responded to a ridiculous comment by a ridiculous poster.  Actually, the lakers offered Bynum AND Odom for KG at the time.  MN, more interested in younger players, and expiring contracts, took FIVE for one, plus draft picks.  One of them was your current end-of-the-bench guy, Theo Ratliff.  The other was a young stud in Al Jefferson, who should be a monster this year in Utah, now that he,too, has good players around him.  The rest were just fillers to make the numbers work.  And West was a consultant for the Griz at the time.....just for the record.
    Posted by BirdandCowens[/QUOTE]

For the Record, West was officially retired, and was not a consultant in any way shape or form. That is just false rumor spread on Celtics boards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : For the Record, West was officially retired, and was not a consultant in any way shape or form. That is just false rumor spread on Celtics boards.

For the record, McHale did not gift-wrap KG to the Celtics.  This is just jealousy spread by lakers fans because Bynum and Odom wasn't enough!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : For the record, McHale did not gift-wrap KG to the Celtics.  This is just jealousy spread by lakers fans because Bynum and Odom wasn't enough!

What should we call the whole made up story about Jerry West being a consultant? And a consultant who in effect stole Gasol from the Griz. Is that jealousy, or is there some other reason to make up a story like that?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : Sadly your right, but it is P34. I've schooled him badly on this forum but forgive him as he is green to the core.

Schooled me? 

HAHAHA!!!

Such is life. Cool

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : Insanity, that is what this line of thinking is. There are friendships all over the NBA, it doesn't mean people sabotage their own teams over them. All you have is an insane theory that makes no sense, with absolutely nothing in regard to proof. 

Insanity? If the Bobcats offered the Lakers Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol do you think Kupchak or Buss would agree to that deal? You really think the Lakers would trade Pau Gasol to the Bobcats for Kwame Brown right now? Why? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : Sadly your right, but it is P34. I've schooled him badly on this forum but forgive him as he is green to the core.

You're a Laker fan, die-hard Laker fan, but in a Boston Celtics forum using the name McHale, how does that even make you credible?

Such if life, right? Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : Insanity? If the Bobcats offered the Lakers Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol do you think Kupchak or Buss would agree to that deal? You really think the Lakers would trade Pau Gasol to the Bobcats for Kwame Brown right now? Why? 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

This isn't even close to relevant. The Lakers aren't looking for expiring contracts to reboot their franchise. 

The Grizzlies were looking for expiring contracts at the time, and were not interested in rebuilding around Gasol. They weren't interested in rebuilding around any of the talent they were offered in trade from any other team either. The Lakers gave them exactly what they wanted, and from there, they greatly improved their team since. 

I am sorry if you don't understand the underpinnings of how this trade was built. I can see, from a simple-minded view of the trade, it doesn't make sense, but the simple-minded view is clouded by mis-understanding. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : You just replied you your own post. Because Pierce is not a top drawer player he was unable to attract quality players to the Celtic organization like say a Shaq used to, Kobe, Magic and Bird etc. Pierce spent his whole career in Boston and who did we get? Stiffs! Oh, before you reply KG the truth of the matter is it wasn't Pierce that got KG into town. But that's a whole new story but I'll give you a clue....my name sake!

And I thought it was Ray Allen .... hmmm!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Originally, KG said that he considered going to the Lakers. It was Kome's ranting and raving at management at the time that convinced him that it was a bad idea. KG's situation was unique, in that he had control over his destination.

Kome's "me first attitude" had as much to do with KG coming to the Celtics as anything.

His final decision was based on the fact with that with the addition of Ray Allen, the Celtics would have a chance to win a title immediately.

It would never have worked in LA. KG could never be a Kome minion. The Celtics are perfect for KG.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : This isn't even close to relevant. The Lakers aren't looking for expiring contracts to reboot their franchise.  The Grizzlies were looking for expiring contracts at the time, and were not interested in rebuilding around Gasol. They weren't interested in rebuilding around any of the talent they were offered in trade from any other team either. The Lakers gave them exactly what they wanted, and from there, they greatly improved their team since.  I am sorry if you don't understand the underpinnings of how this trade was built. I can see, from a simple-minded view of the trade, it doesn't make sense, but the simple-minded view is clouded by mis-understanding. 

Talent-wise do you think Kwame Brown is as good as Pau Gasol?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : And I thought it was Ray Allen .... hmmm!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You thought wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : Talent-wise do you think Kwame Brown is as good as Pau Gasol?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Here we go .... what will you do if he says yes and Kwame has a great year and Gasol goes down with a broken leg and statistically Kwame has a better year?

Call the guy a liar or stop posting here .... I'm betting you call the guy a liar with nothing else to fall back on, hahaha!

And I see you said Chamberlain stinks on another thread .... what BB IQ!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : Here we go .... what will you do if he says yes and Kwame has a great year and Gasol goes down with a broken leg and statistically Kwame has a better year? Call the guy a liar or stop posting here .... I'm betting you call the guy a liar with nothing else to fall back on, hahaha! And I see you said Chamberlain stinks on another thread .... what BB IQ!!!

First of all, I'm not talking to you and second, where is your proof that I said Chamberlain stinks?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : Here we go .... what will you do if he says yes and Kwame has a great year and Gasol goes down with a broken leg and statistically Kwame has a better year? Call the guy a liar or stop posting here .... I'm betting you call the guy a liar with nothing else to fall back on, hahaha! And I see you said Chamberlain stinks on another thread .... what BB IQ!!!

The mere fact that you said the Tolliver/Davis comparison started when I asked you, yesterday, who was better is a total lie. This whole thing about you hating Glen Davis started 2 months ago. Thus, you are a liar! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : Calling people simple-minded, simpletons and ignorant.  THERE is the bobbarcker we all know and despise.  Welcome back.  Apparently, I was WRONG about West being a consultant with the Griz.   I thought he retired the following year.  TOTALLY MY BAD!!! Now, what's your excuse? Where is Elias, who said West played in MN? Where is kobeismrnba, who said Houston, Dallas and Utah were on the West Coast. And where are the simple-minded game show hosts who claim KG was gift-wrapped to the Celtics AND that the lakers would have won in 08 if Bynum played (conveniently forgetting the whole no injury, no trade thing) Gonna man up, or be a simple minded lakers fan?

Look dude, when some deliberately oversimplifies something to try and argue a point on false pretenses, I did not come up with any other terms that fit the situation. If that bothers you, I am sorry, truly I am. It just strikes me funny, you can pretty much say anything you feel to people with impunity, but when it comes to others, you become hyper-sensitive and overtly offended at very minor things. This is just basketball, and talking a little trash back and forth between the rivalries is supposed to be fun. It appears to me you are wound way too tight to be built for fun. Sorry things always have to be that way for you.  Unless being angry and cantankerous, with a rotten disposition while taking everything personal is your idea of fun.

I have a pretty large entertainment/theater room built stand alone on the back of my house. It is 1000 sf with several televisions. It is a very nice place to watch the games. During the series, there was about 30+ at every game. Even though it was a Lakers house, there was always a fair amount of Celtics fans enjoying the games and eating the grub, and lots and lots of trash talking. Everyone had fun, and no one got all Bird and Cowens in the joint.  Somehow we managed to deal with other without the angry nonsense. I doubt you could manage, you are way to angry, and take everything with offense.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Are you a simpleton who really doesn't understand, or are you feigning ignorance to better make a case of impropriety where there is none? I am having a hard time believing you are really this "slow."

Join the club ... that's his routine otherwise he looks for old discussions that aren't relevant to current discussions and tries to discredit you with remarks from some scenario that he constructed. Don't play along with his straw man arguments as that's the game he likes to play.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : Personal attack? That is just not sane.

Give- hit the ignore button on this clown. I owned him on this board and he normally has two responses, he calls you a stalker or he calls for the mods. I even gave him the chance to bow out gracefully saying I'd ignore him and he could do likewise. Funny enough he chose not to. I still hit the ignore button him and it's been a revelation. He joins great company, only him and Rondowski are on my ignore list....two peas in a pod!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : Here's the thing - YOU think I'm nuts, yet you keep responding to me, trying to get in the last word.  Why don't you just stop responding to me, and I'll do like wise......................but I know you can't - and I make no bones about it - I will keep after you until you're either Banned (again) or stop responding to me-  responding and insulting someone you think is insane?  Who's the real nut here?

I don't think you are nuts. I think you are angry, cantankerous, and an over-all poor sport with an ill temperament. I think you take everything way too personally, take every conversation as a contest that you must win, and when it doesn't go your way, you cry foul by either accusing someone of stalking you, or by melodramatic displays of feigned outrage. 

You will probably take this as a personal attack and promptly report this post. You might feel righteous in that action, but it really merely reflects the actions of an ill tempered poor sport. It is hypocrisy, because you take whatever tone, and say what you want with impunity to others. It is immaturity, because you can not take back, anything close to what you dish out. I am not personally attacking you, I am expressing my experiences back to you from my perspective. This is the manner in which you treat me regularly, except I am a little more calm, and not agitated in my tone.

Furthermore, I wasn't even speaking to you when you jumped in, cried foul, hit the tattle switch, and verbally strafed me with vitriolic rhetoric. Kind of blows the premise of your whole post up when you think about it. You spend most of your time posting back and forth to people like me, because you get off on conflict. It is plain as day, for anyone to see, but you would never admit it. So while you are constantly hot and bothered, exchanging angry barbs, and mewling on about being stalked, you are doing what you enjoy. At the very least, it is what you prefer, because you choose to be in conflict nine times out of ten.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : I don't think you are nuts. I think you are angry, cantankerous, and an over-all poor sport with an ill temperament. I think you take everything way too personally, take every conversation as a contest that you must win, and when it doesn't go your way, you cry foul by either accusing someone of stalking you, or by melodramatic displays of feigned outrage.  You will probably take this as a personal attack and promptly report this post. You might feel righteous in that action, but it really merely reflects the actions of an ill tempered poor sport. It is hypocrisy, because you take whatever tone, and say what you want with impunity to others. It is immaturity, because you can not take back, anything close to what you dish out. I am not personally attacking you, I am expressing my experiences back to you from my perspective . This is the manner in which you treat me regularly, except I am a little more calm, and not agitated in my tone. Furthermore, I wasn't even speaking to you when you jumped in, cried foul, hit the tattle switch, and verbally strafed me with vitriolic rhetoric. Kind of blows the premise of your whole post up when you think about it. You spend most of your time posting back and forth to people like me, because you get off on conflict. It is plain as day, for anyone to see, but you would never admit it. So while you are constantly hot and bothered, exchanging angry barbs, and mewling on about being stalked, you are doing what you enjoy. At the very least, it is what you prefer, because you choose to be in conflict nine times out of ten.

I can take good natured ribbing as well as the next person.  It is quite a different thing to come on a place where you know you are in the minority and try to tell US what to think and how to act.  I really wish I had taken you up on your lunch offer.  You are the kind of person who hides behind the computer and throws insults all day.  There is NO WAY you would say any of this to my face - that is your MO.  YOU are the one that is forever jumping into conversations not pertaining to you.  It is clear that you have no social graces at all.  I have been on the LA Times web-site many times and identified myself as a Celtics fan.  I was subjected to the old "troll" name many times.  But I never returned fire, that is NOT my style.  Now, I have several people on there who respect my opinion.  I was even called, "an okay Celtics fan" recently on there.  That is how normal people behave.  You don't come into the lion's den and try to take over, unless you are a complete jerk.
    You are a walking Monty Python sketch.  You do not come on here to discuss, you come on to argue, plain and simple, and everyone knows it.  You contradict, insult and refuse to butt out of conversations not pertaining  to you.
    It was you, sir, who began this battle, not me.  I have not used the word moron, simpleton, simple-minded or directed any other insult at you other than to call you what you are - MEAN!  You are hardly one to use the word hypocrite.  I treat people the way they treat me,  and I make no bones about it.  Angry?  You don't even know me.  I am a very happy person, healthy, employed and loved - what else is there.  I am sad my team lost in the Finals this year, and YES, I know we lost......I do not need to have it continually thrown in my face by "your kind."  This is a little diversion for me, and people like you wreck it....I want to discuss the Celtics, check out my first posts every morning.  It  is a waste of time to  make a point with you, you never admit when you're wrong, and you come back after being banned.  It is clear you  enjoy stalking people, and must have little else to do than hang out here and harass people, who are discussing how we can get past the lakers this year.  That is the purpose of this forum, and you don't belong.
    Have a great weekend, bobbarcker!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Give-in-to-it. Show Give-in-to-it's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : I can take good natured ribbing as well as the next person.  It is quite a different thing to come on a place where you know you are in the minority and try to tell US what to think and how to act.  I really wish I had taken you up on your lunch offer.  You are the kind of person who hides behind the computer and throws insults all day.  There is NO WAY you would say any of this to my face - that is your MO.  YOU are the one that is forever jumping into conversations not pertaining to you.  It is clear that you have no social graces at all.  I have been on the LA Times web-site many times and identified myself as a Celtics fan.  I was subjected to the old "troll" name many times.  But I never returned fire, that is NOT my style.  Now, I have several people on there who respect my opinion.  I was even called, "an okay Celtics fan" recently on there.  That is how normal people behave.  You don't come into the lion's den and try to take over, unless you are a complete jerk. You are a walking Monty Python sketch.  You do not come on here to discuss, you come on to argue, plain and simple, and everyone knows it.  You contradict, insult and refuse to butt out of conversations not pertaining  to you. It was you, sir, who began this battle, not me.  I have not used the word moron, simpleton, simple-minded or directed any other insult at you other than to call you what you are - MEAN!  You are hardly one to use the word hypocrite.  I treat people the way they treat me,  and I make no bones about it.  Angry?  You don't even know me.  I am a very happy person, healthy, employed and loved - what else is there.  I am sad my team lost in the Finals this year, and YES, I know we lost......I do not need to have it continually thrown in my face by "your kind."  This is a little diversion for me, and people like you wreck it....I want to discuss the Celtics, check out my first posts every morning.  It  is a waste of time to  make a point with you, you never admit when you're wrong, and you come back after being banned.  It is clear you  enjoy stalking people, and must have little else to do than hang out here and harass people, who are discussing how we can get past the lakers this year.  That is the purpose of this forum, and you don't belong. Have a great weekend, bobbarcker!

That right there is all you, you prove my point, in spades. If I challenged you to a face to face confrontation, you would break your mouse furiously clicking the tattle switch. But you are wrong, I would say everything I said right to your face. Nobody is hiding from you. 

All this because I brought to light a disingenuous tactic being used in a conversation with someone other than yourself. Nobody was calling anybody any names in that conversation. You were acting emotionally in zealous fashion to a conversation and totally misread the meaning. Someone other than you or I recognized the tactic I was bringing to light, but you still can't grasp the folly of your error. You reported a post for NOTHING. What else is new. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why Pierce Got the 61m : That right there is all you, you prove my point.

And you , mine!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Are you a simpleton who really doesn't understand, or are you feigning ignorance to better make a case of impropriety where there is none? I am having a hard time believing you are really this "slow." Join the club ... that's his routine otherwise he looks for old discussions that aren't relevant to current discussions and tries to discredit you with remarks from some scenario that he constructed. Don't play along with his straw man arguments as that's the game he likes to play.

Sleeping with the enemy? You starting an alliance with the Laker trolls on this board?