Why Rondo & Nate No Longer Push the Ball???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Why Rondo & Nate No Longer Push the Ball???

Shaq is losing staying power each game. The problem is we have no one who can do the job.  KG needs to get back real soon.  And I am not so sure he will be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Rondo has no one to run with him.  He's have to go one on 3 if he pushed it!!!!  Pierce, Shaq, etc are all coming down the court slowly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

rondo pushed it with 4 minutes left. yeah i hear ya. i guess its the january lul.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Davis is open....that's why he's shooting.  He's trying to pass.  Remember, also that he's playing the most minutes.  Listen, I'm not trying to say I love BBD, but I'm saying his shooting is because he's open and he's getting layups and hustling.  I WISH Paul and Shaq had the same energy that BBD has.

We shot 51% so the shooting is not the issue.  Its defense and rebounding and hustle.  THAT's the issue.

On the Rondo pushing it issue......I agree that he can push it sometimes and go for the fastbreak on his own if he has to.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Great thread - I absolutely agree, especially with Rondo.  He sets the pace of the game onboth ends of the court and has not regained his flair yet since his injury.  He needs to get to the rim more often and get some easy buckets for his team.  He can blow past almost everyone in the league at will.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Why Rondo & Nate No Longer Push the Ball???:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone notice how our PGs no longer push the ball.  When I say push, I mean really push and attack, not this half@$$ pretend trot-of-a-push where they run to half court and then stop.   I remember Nate, when he was playing well, pushed the ball everytime up the floor, even on made shots. And Rondo, I can't remember when the last time I have seen him push the ball at all. I use to see Rondo beat everyone down the floor for layups a few times every game.  Why does he no longer do that, maybe still hurt? They both seem to consistently walk the ball up the floor all the time now. Seriously, we need more easy shots.  it looks like the Celts have been playing in slow motion the last several games.
    Posted by rayallen1[/QUOTE]

New to basketball huh?  About 85% of the game is half court offense and they have two point guards that are not all that good in the half court.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Davis and Paul are our best defensive players last night, Davis played very well and Paul played good, Rondo and Ray got torched on defense.  I am sick of the Davis haters, our record would have several more loses if we did not have him.  We need Perk, who many hate, back on the floor if healthy, and our leader KG needs to return if he is healthy, and last but not least we need West back to help Rondo who must still be injured or he has decided not penetrate or play defense for the last two games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

I was thinking the same thing last night.  Houston pushes the ball and score within 10 seconds of starting the shot clock.  Boston gets into their offensive sequence about 10 seconds of starting the shot clock.  I do not understand.  And the rebounding????  If they are not going to run the ball then why aren't all 5 players trying to get the rebound???