Why the love affair with Eric Bledsoe in possible trade with Clippers ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Why the love affair with Eric Bledsoe in possible trade with Clippers ?

Most posters want the deal but only with Bledsoe. Why the love affair with him if we keep Rondo. See stats below. He averaged under 10 points per game and rebs a 3 ave ? Even Rondo was a more prolific scorer and probably the best PG rebounder in the game. Now if we then trade Rondo for a Cousins...maybe ?  How about we get Blake Griffin for KG and Butler( 6'7") for PP whom they could waive or keep. And they keep Andre Jordan as they would not have a Center unless they then plan to get Howard. Now without Bledsoe, maybe we keep Rondo & hope that Melo develops and Sully is enough for rebounding but the important thing is to look to the future and get 2 draft picks and with ours too, draft a couple of 6'10"---7' Centers and bite the bullet a couple of years maybe even making a first round playoff.

And now the Clippers could trade Bledsoe & Jordan to the Lakers for DH(LA Is desperate for a PG) !!! And the Clippers would be a strong favorite with DH, Paul, KG and even an ageing PP if they kept him.

Bledsoe 2012-2103

PPG  REB ASST  FG%
     8.5   3.0    3.1    44.5%

Rondo 2012-2013                        

PPG 13.7 REB 5.6 ASST 11.1 FG% 48.4

I think the real plumb in the trade is not Bledsoe, Jordan etc. but would be the value of the draft picks plus our own. With them if not a desirable big man in the draft, could we then get a Cousins or another formidable big man, Jefferson, Josh Smith and a scorer too like Redick.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

Re: Why the love affair with Eric Bledsoe in possible trade with Clippers ?

great tjread. bledsoe is a jabro.. rather keep rr esp at the salary bledsoe will want aafter next year (10m+)..i know what i get with rondo. only makes sense if we can flip him to a 3rd team immediately or as insurance until rr returns then u trade him by the deadline. cant b part of the long term plans but hey he's a major chip once u get him. many jabro GMs like him!

COMMY COMMY COMMY COMMY CONTRARIAN, HE COMES AND GOES, HE COMES AND GOES... @commyContrarian on Twitter!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I see it as more of extracting the most value we can get from the Clippers.  If the Clippers is the team to trade with due to KG and Pierce willingness to make it happen, who else would make sense from the Clippers?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I would flip Bledsoe immediately for a 1st rounder.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Bledsoe is widely considered one  of the best backup pg's in the  league and judging by how terrible our pg play was after rondos injury, we could sure use him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Mark Heisler Mark Heisler  @MarkHeisler about 31 minutes ago

I'm sure you think what I'd think in your place: Doc, KG to Clippers? No way… This just in: Way. Story going up soon on Sheridan Hoops

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2WOy66UT8

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

R9R is going to regress badly w/o doc there to wet nurse him anymore.... and DA knows it.

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to darrylfries' comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

I see it as more of extracting the most value we can get from the Clippers.  If the Clippers is the team to trade with due to KG and Pierce willingness to make it happen, who else would make sense from the Clippers?

A lot of teams want  Bradley and we could get a good player or high draft pick for him. Bledsoe seems to have as much upside as Bradley. Moving one or the other would be a given unless Rondo is traded.

[/QUOTE]

This notion that Bledsoe becomes a star if he gets playing time is not based on a lot of evidence.  He is a bench player who slipped in the draft because he is a shooting guard who is too small.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Is not about Bledsoe, like any business, you want to get the best deal. Doing a deal for less would mean bending over for the clips...does not make sense..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

Bledsoe is widely considered one  of the best backup pg's in the  league and judging by how terrible our pg play was after rondos injury, we could sure use him.

I would rather roll with a rookie from this draft and go FULL rebuild ala Pacers basketball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

A lot of teams want  Bradley and we could get a good player or high draft pick for him. Bledsoe seems to have as much upside as Bradley. Moving one or the other would be a given unless Rondo is traded.

Nobody is giving high draft pick Bradley, not in my estimation.  Maybe he could after the season before last but which Bradley is going to show up in the future.  The bad version is really not worth for anything.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to cabutan's comment:

Is not about Bledsoe, like any business, you want to get the best deal. Doing a deal for less would mean bending over for the clips...does not make sense..

I get it.  I am just saying that the Celtics are coming out of this worse than the Clippers. Garnett would have played one more year with the Celtics most likely and Doc would have coached.  Now we have Deandre Jordan at 11 million per  who will rebound and dunk and we will lose until we get a good big man.  Bledsoe is a tradeable chip and that is all.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

We should add Rondo to the deal and the Clippers can flip CP3 for Howard.

Clippers would start Rondo,Courtney Lee, Pierce, Garnett and Howard.

Celts would start Bledsoe,Bradley,Green, Griffin, Jordan

(Vincent Council/Phil Pressey), Crabbe, Rice Jr, Sully, Dieng

I dream big.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

They would be place holders untill Council and Crabbe or Rice take over.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

In response to gman101019's comment:

[QUOTE]

I would rather roll with a rookie from this draft and go FULL rebuild ala Pacers basketball.

[/QUOTE]I would rather get drafts picks in future that would be cheaper for the future. If we are going to rebuilt we need young assets and a team that gets a couple of high draft picks. If we get Bledsoe and Jordan for KG and Pierce, etc. We would have a good but not great team and would not have any good picks from Clippers or from us. We would probably need to trade Rondo and Green also even though they are young to be sure we get some high picks from other teams and do like the Pacers or Houston.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Most posters want the deal but only with Bledsoe. Why the love affair with him if we keep Rondo. See stats below. He averaged under 10 points per game and rebs a 3 ave ? Even Rondo was a more prolific scorer and probably the best PG rebounder in the game. Now if we then trade Rondo for a Cousins...maybe ?  How about we get Blake Griffin for KG and Butler( 6'7") for PP whom they could waive or keep. And they keep Andre Jordan as they would not have a Center unless they then plan to get Howard. Now without Bledsoe, maybe we keep Rondo & hope that Melo develops and Sully is enough for rebounding but the important thing is to look to the future and get 2 draft picks and with ours too, draft a couple of 6'10"---7' Centers and bite the bullet a couple of years maybe even making a first round playoff.

And now the Clippers could trade Bledsoe & Jordan to the Lakers for DH(LA Is desperate for a PG) !!! And the Clippers would be a strong favorite with DH, Paul, KG and even an ageing PP if they kept him.

Bledsoe 2012-2103

PPG  REB ASST  FG%
     8.5   3.0    3.1    44.5%

Rondo 2012-2013                        

PPG 13.7 REB 5.6 ASST 11.1 FG% 48.4

I think the real plumb in the trade is not Bledsoe, Jordan etc. but would be the value of the draft picks plus our own. With them if not a desirable big man in the draft, could we then get a Cousins or another formidable big man, Jefferson, Josh Smith and a scorer too like Redick.

I AGREE, BLEDSOE IS A VERY NICE PLAYER AND GREAT RONDO INSURANCE, BUT HE CAN'T BE THE DEALBREAKER......I WOULDN'T MIND TAKING CARON BUTLER INSTEAD, THEN TRADE TERRY AND BASS TO THE LAKERS FOR STEVE NASH (YES YES YES YES YES !) , NASH WOULD BE THE PERFECT GUY TO COME IN AND STABILIZE THE LOCKER ROOM AND GIVE RONDO A KINDER, GENTLER MENTOR TO HELP HIM SHIFT INTO HIS ROLE AS TEAM CAPTAIN

AND LET'S NOT FORGET ABOUT MATT BARNES, HE COULD PLAY 2,3 or 4 AND IS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST AND MEANEST DEFENSIVE PLAYERS IN THE NBA......

THERE ARE OTHER YOUNG POINT GUARDS AVAILABLE AND ERIC BLEDSOE IS NOT THE ONLY ONE, AINGE NEEDS TO BRING IN A 3rd TEAM IF HE WANTS TO LAND ANOTHER YOUNG POINT GUARD (BRANDON JENNINGS ?) FOR RONDO INSURANCE.......

HEY DANNY, COFFEE IS FOR CLOSERS !!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Bledsoe is a dynamic PG/SG. He can play both with no problem. We could flip him for a 1st but I would rather keep him and use Bass, Lee, and/or Terry to package in a trade with our #1 for Josh Smith

If we could somehow get Rondo, Bledsoe, Green, Josh Smith and Jordan...we would immediately go to a 2nd or 3rd seed. We would become East Coast Lob City.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This isn't that hard to understand - Bledsoe is an attractive piece that other teams also want. You can't trade/deal your way back into contention without good pieces to play or trade. Bledsoe also provides a good fall back if Ainge managed to trade Rondo for a big. 

Ainge is simply going after a player that has value that the Clippers can live without with this trade (because they would in theory keep Chris Paul around). 

It has nothing to do with whether you like Bledsoe or whether he may be overrated. He has value and it makes sense for Ainge to insist on a good deal here, he's not desperate to let Doc or KG go....

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Wondering the same

He's quick and a decent defender but just an average passer at bes t Has one of the slowest releases on a jumpshot I've ever seen.

No where near the player Rondo is at this point.

We need him as a trade asset.