Why watch this coming season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

Re: Why watch this coming season?

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I'm actually very excited about next year.  I like watching young players develop and see what they can do.  I'm really interested in seeing what Sully can do with a healthy season playing 30 plus minutes a game.  I'm more excited to watch them next year then I have been in the last couple of years because I new what I would see with those teams.

i'm excited also...new era of the boston celtics...should be fun.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm actually very excited about next year.  I like watching young players develop and see what they can do.  I'm really interested in seeing what Sully can do with a healthy season playing 30 plus minutes a game.  I'm more excited to watch them next year then I have been in the last couple of years because I new what I would see with those teams.

i'm excited also...new era of the boston celtics...should be fun.

[/QUOTE]

+1

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Next year will be exciting because it's the 1st year of the new Celtic era.

The problem will start once the Celts miss the playoffs and are not close to being a championship team 3 years in a row. Just like the Pitino era.

league pass...i have it every year...i'll have it again...going to be fun.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

You want to watch to see how Brad Patino works out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to lakersavenger's comment:

You want to watch to see how Brad Patino works out.

better, than Mr. Pringles, I'm sure. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I watched during all the ML Carr and Pitino years so I think I should be able to get through. :) 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I watched during all the ML Carr and Pitino years so I think I should be able to get through. :) 

Right.  The Pitino years were the height of futility - bad basketball, bad personnel moves - remember when we signed Travis Knight to a 5 year contract?  Oyyyy.  I was suprised to see people bashing Jim O'Brien in a thread earlier this week.  I will always have affection for Jim O because he was such a breath of fresh air after the stagnant Pitino years.  Basketball actually became watchable and enjoyable again.  I think he did the best with what he had.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

you gotta watch.  this is gonna be a fun season.  be good fan and root for the Celts.  I REALLY don't want to hear the whining this year.  we all know how it's gonna be so relax and get some popcorn and tune in to mike and tommy and watch the kids make mistakes and enjoy seeing a few bigs play with their backs to the basket for the first time since al jefferson was traded

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to shines01's comment:

you gotta watch.  this is gonna be a fun season.  be good fan and root for the Celts.  I REALLY don't want to hear the whining this year.  we all know how it's gonna be so relax and get some popcorn and tune in to mike and tommy and watch the kids make mistakes and enjoy seeing a few bigs play with their backs to the basket for the first time since al jefferson was traded

+1.  Spot on attitude.  I loved watching Al Jefferson develop.  He was a joy to watch.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to hondorondo's comment:

My post is not so much a questions as it is a reachout to other C's fans for motivation. In the coming year we will likely be playing for a lottery pick. I guess I don't know how to watch the games in this situation. Imagine if we go on a 3 to 4 game winning streak. Do we have to think, "We better slow down so that we do not jeopardize our lottery situation."? This is unfamiliar territory to me. I am undecided on renewing my NBA league pass. Don't get me wrong -- I eat, drink, and sleep Celtics and I understand the need to rebuild. I just don't know how to avoid rooting for them to win as many games as they can. Anyone else feel this way?

I always watch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

Because it's your team. I don't think it gets any simpler than that. Win or lose, you watch and root for them. No team wins every game; no teams win all the time.

I'm going to enjoy watching how Danny Ainge attempts to be the steward of what we've come to think is the Boston Celtic culture. He seems genuinely locked in to building another era of Celtic success.

He knows that there was no transcendent talent out there this year, either in the draft or in free agency, that would be the driving force behind the new Celtics. So he grabs a perfectly solid "complementary" big and a possible career backup banger in this draft. I actually want to see Iverson smack some people around and I want to see Olynyk and Sullinger in high-low actions.

This roster won't be the same next Friday, let alone in October, but I believe that the team will be fun to watch and not necessarily because they're "exciting" players. No one would ever call Tim Duncan "exciting," but no one would pass on him, either.

Check out the '86 Celtics, a team some experts have nominated for best NBA team ever - Parish, Bird, McHale, Johnson, Ainge, Walton, Wedman, Sichting, Carlisle, etc. Exciting? Taken individually these guys were basically slow and boring. Together, however, they played brilliant, exciting basketball.