Why watch this coming season?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hondorondo. Show hondorondo's posts

Why watch this coming season?

My post is not so much a questions as it is a reachout to other C's fans for motivation. In the coming year we will likely be playing for a lottery pick. I guess I don't know how to watch the games in this situation. Imagine if we go on a 3 to 4 game winning streak. Do we have to think, "We better slow down so that we do not jeopardize our lottery situation."? This is unfamiliar territory to me. I am undecided on renewing my NBA league pass. Don't get me wrong -- I eat, drink, and sleep Celtics and I understand the need to rebuild. I just don't know how to avoid rooting for them to win as many games as they can. Anyone else feel this way?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Re: Why watch this coming season?

I sympathize with you.  Usually if your team stinks you can kind of hang your hat on a fun young prospect and follow his developement to take your mind off the losing.  Like we all did with PP, or Big al, even Gerald Green.  (Admit it, when we first got him your imaginations ran wild)

But this team doesn't really have a prospect that is compelling to watch!

Sully, I guess would be interesting to follow to see if he can be better after his back surgery.  He still doesn't have a particularly enjoyable style of play to behold. But who else???

Olynyk?  BORING!  It isn't interesting to watch a big man shoot jumpers and get his shots around the basket thrown into the stands cuz his arms are about as long as a fifth graders. He may be good but his game is ugly.

Melo?  Umm...No. 

Bradley?  Personally I'm already sick of watching his yo-yo confidence.  How is it going to be without his binky there in Doc.

Rondo???? Gone.

Green?  Yeah, but the guy is as infuriating as he is fun to watch.  And if he plays too well they might win! Can't have that.

Humphries? PUKE!  Hopefully that J@ck@ss is gone before he ever dons a uni!

Crash?  Used up.  If they can't unload his franchise killing contract we will have a very expensive bench player who obviously isn't part of the future.

Brooks?  Maybe. He's never seen a shot he didn't like. But his big knock since coming into the league is that if he is not THE focal point he gets VERY disinterested.  He needs the ball in his hands to be even remotely effective, which may happen if/when Rondo is gone.

Crawford? See "Brooks" above.

Iverson, Lee, Randolph, White???  Who, lame, who and who?

So unless DA can snag at least one young guy with a little electricity in his game, a glimmer of potential, than not only are we going to watch a losing team, but probably one of the ugliest teams ever assembled.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to hondorondo's comment:

My post is not so much a questions as it is a reachout to other C's fans for motivation. In the coming year we will likely be playing for a lottery pick. I guess I don't know how to watch the games in this situation. Imagine if we go on a 3 to 4 game winning streak. Do we have to think, "We better slow down so that we do not jeopardize our lottery situation."? This is unfamiliar territory to me. I am undecided on renewing my NBA league pass. Don't get me wrong -- I eat, drink, and sleep Celtics and I understand the need to rebuild. I just don't know how to avoid rooting for them to win as many games as they can. Anyone else feel this way?

Know how to watch a basketball game? Answer.... Just watch the last 5 min (  all the stupid time outs will add another half hour or so ) You won't miss anything . Let the team rebuild and just stay away... You can rebuild your wallet for aonther year when Celtics management finnally has a team that you feel is worthy of your hard earned money.Rebuilding is not a one way street.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

How about the season ticket holders?  It would be interesting to hear from some of them and I know that they post on this site.  I do agree that it is easier to get better in the long-term if you have a couple of losing seasons.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I like watching young hungry teams better than old dying ones.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think it would be fun to watch some young scorers like green, brooks and Crawford play free for a year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'm actually very excited about next year.  I like watching young players develop and see what they can do.  I'm really interested in seeing what Sully can do with a healthy season playing 30 plus minutes a game.  I'm more excited to watch them next year then I have been in the last couple of years because I new what I would see with those teams.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

I sympathize with you.  Usually if your team stinks you can kind of hang your hat on a fun young prospect and follow his developement to take your mind off the losing.  Like we all did with PP, or Big al, even Gerald Green.  (Admit it, when we first got him your imaginations ran wild)

Sully, I guess would be interesting to follow to see if he can be better after his back surgery.  He still doesn't have a particularly enjoyable style of play to behold. But who else???

Olynyk?  BORING!  It isn't interesting to watch a big man shoot jumpers and get his shots around the basket thrown into the stands cuz his arms are about as long as a fifth graders. He may be good but his game is ugly.

Melo?  Umm...No. 

Bradley?  Personally I'm already sick of watching his yo-yo confidence.  How is it going to be without his binky there in Doc.

Rondo???? Gone.

Green?  Yeah, but the guy is as infuriating as he is fun to watch.  And if he plays too well they might win! Can't have that.

Crash?  Used up.  If they can't unload his franchise killing contract we will have a very expensive bench player who obviously isn't part of the future.

Brooks?  Maybe. He's never seen a shot he didn't like. But his big knock since coming into the league is that if he is not THE focal point he gets VERY disinterested.  He needs the ball in his hands to be even remotely effective, which may happen if/when Rondo is gone.

So unless DA can snag at least one young guy with a little electricity in his game, a glimmer of potential, than not only are we going to watch a losing team, but probably one of the ugliest teams ever assembled.

Is your name Mr.negative?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I think this team right now is battling for a playoff spot. That would be fun to watch. Those who think the C's are a top 10 pick let alone a top 5 pick are going to be dissappointed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

"why watch this coming season?" said the pink hat to the die hard.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]h

I think this team right now is battling for a playoff spot. That would be fun to watch. Those who think the C's are a top 10 pick let alone a top 5 pick are going to be dissappointed.

How sure are you when both of us don't even know what the roster will look like on opening night.

[/QUOTE]

he's just talking out of his donkey

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

+1

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to debrit's comment:

In response to hops29's comment:

[QUOTE]

Melo?  Umm...No. 

Rondo???? Gone.

Is your name Mr.negative?

[/QUOTE]

Count Negative Von Partypooper McStien Esq.  McStien is pronounced MacShteen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

I love these one liner insults.  "ugh, if you no agree wit me, ugh, you not celtics fan! Ugh."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Why watch...just look at a cross town...The RS were thought to be in much the same boat a team not really worth watching.

Sometimes things turn out different than what we think and just remember the team is not yet complete

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

Why watch...just look at a cross town...The RS were thought to be in much the same boat a team not really worth watching.

Sometimes things turn out different than what we think and just remember the team is not yet complete

Love the Red Sox, Bs, Cs, Pats and enjoy the ride every year.

Amen

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

It would be impossible for me to be alive and not watch the Celtics.  If Ainge assembles a team that he thinks can make the playoffs i will watch and hope they win. If Danny chooses to play the young guys and play hard but the goal is to get a high draft pick, i will watch and hope they play well but not quite well enough to win many games.

I watched just as many games when we were bad as i did when we were good. I guess you could say i'm addicted to the Celtics. If they're playing i'm watching!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

[QUOTE]

How sure are you when both of us don't even know what the roster will look like on opening night.

[/QUOTE]

Well we really don't know. I just feel if Rondo isnt going trade based on Ainge's comments. Rondo and Green are just too much not to be around 500.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Watching the C's next season will be more of a reflex action, albeit a strong one.

It's going to be a bizarro season for me, hoping the losing streaks will multiply and the winning streaks will be few and far between.

Just saying it the way I see it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I'm actually very excited about next year.  I like watching young players develop and see what they can do.  I'm really interested in seeing what Sully can do with a healthy season playing 30 plus minutes a game.  I'm more excited to watch them next year then I have been in the last couple of years because I new what I would see with those teams.

+1.  Clearly Danny is not done with moves this year.  I am now hoping that he finds a good deal for Rondo, one that will net him a salary dump, a gamble worthy player and more future draft picks.  Then my primary goals for the next year will be for Sully to become an established player, for Green to develop a left hand and to learn to walk effectively on his drives.  The secondary goals will be for Olynyk to add some bulk and improve his physicality while establishing his offensive game, for Fab Melo to become a rotation player and for AB to develop some consistency in his scoring and handles.  I am looking forward to all this happening while the Celts do their best but still end up with a top-5 draft pick.