Why we lost...it's simple.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Why we lost...it's simple.

KG had 6 points and James Jones had 25 points. Period!!

Look at every stat and you will see that the C's could've easily won this game but that point differential from a bench player for them and a start for us cannot happen again.

I think we come out and win game #2, they woke up a sleeping dog with the way the game was called and now it's a fight. Get Shaq ready for game #3. This will be 3-1 Celtics in a blink.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Re: Why we lost...it's simple.

In Response to Why we lost...it's simple.:
    [QUOTE]KG had 6 points and James Jones had 25 points. Period!! Look at every stat and you will see that the C's could've easily won this game but that point differential from a bench player for them and a start for us cannot happen again. I think we come out and win game #2, they woke up a sleeping dog with the way the game was called and now it's a fight. Get Shaq ready for game #3. This will be 3-1 Celtics in a blink.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Bosh missed wide open jumper after wide open jumper - he has been watching film of Rondo....the game was not nearly as close as it ended....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

KG had a terrible game. However, this loss was a team effort.

On offense, all passing in the first half, when it happened at all, was always one or two seconds late, allowing the Heat to recover after Celtic movements. Rondo, Baby, and Pierce tried to play hero ball in the first half, dribbling through double and triple teams. Ray had a good offensive game, but his defense was a disaster. KG missed his first few shots, and then deferred to others. Rondo and KG gave stupid fouls in the first period. While KG played Bosh even, we should expect more from our star.

Why did they lose? Because they did not play "pick your poison offense" with good ball movement, and in a very un-Celtic like way, too many players wanted to be heroes. They also went away from KG and JO in the low post too early and never really came back to it. 

Jones had the game of his life, and the Heat were firing on all cylinders. I think the most amazing thing was that the Celtics could play as bad as they did, the Heat could play as well as they did, and the Celtics only lost by nine points.

The Celtics did not play Celtic basketball. That will change in game two.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Why we lost...it's simple.:
    [QUOTE]KG had a terrible game. However, this loss was a team effort. On offense, all passing in the first half, when it happened at all, was always one or two seconds late, allowing the Heat to recover after Celtic movements. Rondo, Baby, and Pierce tried to play hero ball in the first half, dribbling through double and triple teams. Ray had a good offensive game, but his defense was a disaster. KG missed his first few shots, and then deferred to others. Rondo and KG gave stupid fouls in the first period. While KG played Bosh even, we should expect more from our star. Why did they lose? Because they did not play "pick your poison offense" with good ball movement, and in a very un-Celtic like way, too many players wanted to be heroes. They also went away from KG and JO in the low post too early and never really came back to it.  Jones had the game of his life, and the Heat were firing on all cylinders. I think the most amazing thing was that the Celtics could play as bad as they did, the Heat could play as well as they did, and the Celtics only lost by nine points. The Celtics did not play Celtic basketball. That will change in game two.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

"pick your poison offense" is great in theory but go stick your head into a bee's nest and then try to play basketball..... when the other team is swarming to the ball on every possession it is tough to do what you want.

There are any number of games that are over in the first quarter that end up within 10 points, this was one of them... the scoreboard said 9 points but the reality of the situation is the score at one point was 29 to 16, a 13 point lead - so they went 3 quarters of the game and outscored the Heat by 4 - wow....

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

I don't know much about the +- stat and how it truly imapacts a game but noticed in the box score that Anthony +15 Jones+14 and Miller +13 were much higher than Davis -21 West -8 and Green -9.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It looked like no one was even covering Jones.

I can't wait for Shaq to return because I cannot take the BBD/Green combo anymore. It will require Doc to bring JON off the bench and allow Green to move to SF, which is much better. Our bench is really becoming a liability. I'd like to see a lead extended or a deficit decreased at some point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

[QUOTE]It looked like no one was even covering Jones. I can't wait for Shaq to return because I cannot take the BBD/Green combo anymore. It will require Doc to bring JON off the bench and allow Green to move to SF, which is much better. Our bench is really becoming a liability. I'd like to see a lead extended or a deficit decreased at some point.

I was really worried about Jones before this game started. People are so focused on James and Wade (as they very well should be) that they tend to ignore the current 3 point shooting champion. I think he is qute capable of repeating this performance. The C's are going to have to figure something out.

I couldn't agree with you more on the Baby, Green combo. I like Baby, and think he plays hard, but he can not play defense at the 5. It is not his fault from an effort standpoint, he is just too short. And when you put Green at the four beside him we sink fast.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

The problem is when BBD and Green come in BOTH are hanging on the perimeter with no chance of rebs and neither is big enough to stop penetrating or even intimidate teams from going to the basket. We need a post up threat to make the 2nd unit more balanced. It will open shots for West and either PP/RA.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Why we lost -
    they outplayed, outhustled and outshot us......it's simple.

Make adjustments in Game 2 and we can still steal one in MIA.  We cannot play that poorly again....and Wade was 66% from the field.

Memo to Paul Pierce - SHUT UP!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

The Heat played with tremendous intensity for 2 1/2 quarters. I thought in the middle of the third quarter they let up a bit, and Pierce got hot and we started to make a move. Then the wild and crazy stough happened. After that the intensity was back.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

good luck celtics

ps...it drives me crazy that coach spo is still starting mike bibby who cannot his the broadside of a barn right now...

give me chalmers and house over bibby...please!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]The Heat played with tremendous intensity for 2 1/2 quarters. I thought in the middle of the third quarter they let up a bit, and Pierce got hot and we started to make a move. Then the wild and crazy stough happened. After that the intensity was back.
    Posted by calvinator[/QUOTE]

And when he got "hot", he got HOT and his hoodidiot button went off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

I am no fan of the Celtics, but as a fan of the Lakers I am pulling for you guys here. I'd like one last Celtics-Lakers finals before we hit another rebuilding dry spell again. 

That and I really, really, really don't like the Heat.

So get it together for game two, eh guys?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]The problem is when BBD and Green come in BOTH are hanging on the perimeter with no chance of rebs and neither is big enough to stop penetrating or even intimidate teams from going to the basket. We need a post up threat to make the 2nd unit more balanced. It will open shots for West and either PP/RA.

Green was okay, Baby was terrible, but you have all heard me sing this song before!!  And why is Delonte trying to be Blake Griffin all of a sudden??  Make the shot, man, we don't need a showboat dunk!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

they should have called the JJ foul on Pierce a flagrant foul.  There should also be a rule where multiple flagrant fouls targeting any player happen close together in time, results in an immediate ejection of the player commiting the flagrant foul, not the player who is being targeted.  clearly watching the game, the refs had it in for the celtics early in the game and it did not get better as the game went along.  I think the PP ejection in the 4th quarter just shows how much the refs had game 1 in the bag for the heat from the opening tip off.  Anyone notice how conventiently the Flagrant Foul called against JO turned the whole game around.  What did he do - he stood there and when JJ ran directly into him he blocked him with his arm and dropped his shoulder, Jones goes flying 25 feet in a gross acting job, like Jones the refs planned it before the game.  Just sad to watch.  Even if I wasn't a Celtics fan that's just embarrasing for anyone who is a fan of the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticFan2005. Show celticFan2005's posts

[QUOTE]Bosh - 37 minutes 7 pts 12 rebs KG - 37 minutes 6 pts  8 rebs AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

KG Was way too timid and passed up so many shots, he should dominate Bosch offensively/defensively.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Tommy Heinsohn and 98.4% percent of bostonians believe it was the referrees fault. Laughing

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Pick your poison offense requires a team mentality. They move the ball to the open player. That did not happen in he first half, for the starters, or the bench.

For the Starters, both Rondo and Pierce insisted on being the hero, and only passed when there was no other choice. When that happens, cutters sit and wait for the ball that comes too late, and guys that create temporary space near the hoop, get the ball after the defender has already reacted.

The reason it looked like the Heat were a bee's nest, on defense, is exactly because of the hero attitude.

All year Pierce has been a team first role model, however on Sunday, it looked like the Nike ad hype of James vs. Lebron was too much temptation, and he reverted to play styles from previous years. Things got better in the second half, but wow, the Celtics did not look like the Celtics in the first half.

For the bench, Davis decided that he was Lebron James, and tried to dribble through triple teams multiple times. Green was more aggressive on offense this game, but he has much to learn on defense. Maybe Davis should shut his mouth and play.

This is the first time since 2008 that I have seen the Celtics react in such an un-Celtic like way, in a big game.

I think game two will display the attributes of Celtic play again. Celtics in 6 or 7

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Sorry Tashawn, but the Celtic spotted the Heat the first half of the game, and the referees had nothing to do with that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why we lost...it's simple. : KG had 26 points in Game 4 against the Knicks and the Celtics led by as many as 18-19 points. In Game 1 against the Heat KG only had 6 points, 0-0 from the FT line, and the Heat had a lead of 18-19 points.  STOP MAKING EXCUSES!  
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

I posted several times that barely beating the Knicks in games 1 and 2 and then finishing them off without Billups and Amare (at name your %) somehow meant to many posters here that Rondo was back and that all was well and they were playing a lot better. 

I think what one can deduce from the Knicks series and game 1 of the Heat series is that the Heat are better.  A fact that is completely lost on the posters / fans, etc. who cannot shake the mindset that the Cs are the Harlem Globetrotters and regardless of who the opponent is, they are the Washington Generals.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Dudder is an anti celtic fan..they can do no right..and when they win..e disappears...
    whats up with that?? This is rondo fault? I think Pierce has more to blame for trying too hard to be mr hero. dribbling around the entire heat team..doc is yelling at them that they must pass the ball around and be patient on offense .. and rondo needs to push the ball at all times..that did not happen consistantly enough. when it did, we got back in the game and outscored them easily..but of course according to you..it was because the heat let up..they are more athletic yes..but a better team..i dont think so..not yet...Game 2 adjustments will reveal who is right...i look for a tough game..probably a close game to the end...and lets see who can deliver the goods with the game on the line...lets see who blinks..you have a short memory...my friend..It was the heat that has to prove they belong at this level.It is lebrons who has to prove something as well..it is their coach who has to prove something..it is their big three that have not made the journey to the promised land...it is actually in their favor to win, because the odds are that to beat a team three times is difficult..but i believe the celts will oust these jokers in five or six..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder is an anti celtic fan..they can do no right..and when they win..e disappears... whats up with that?? This is rondo fault? I think Pierce has more to blame for trying too hard to be mr hero. dribbling around the entire heat team..doc is yelling at them that they must pass the ball around and be patient on offense .. and rondo needs to push the ball at all times..that did not happen consistantly enough. when it did, we got back in the game and outscored them easily..but of course according to you..it was because the heat let up..they are more athletic yes..but a better team..i dont think so..not yet...Game 2 adjustments will reveal who is right...i look for a tough game..probably a close game to the end...and lets see who can deliver the goods with the game on the line...lets see who blinks..you have a short memory...my friend..It was the heat that has to prove they belong at this level.It is lebrons who has to prove something as well..it is their coach who has to prove something..it is their big three that have not made the journey to the promised land...it is actually in their favor to win, because the odds are that to beat a team three times is difficult..but i believe the celts will oust these jokers in five or six..
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

What I have read all day today is basically that the Heat got lucky and that everything the Cs did wrong will simply be reversed in game 2 and it will be the undoing of the Heat...... the Cs were not in the game, it was over in the first quarter.....  Michael Jordan was viewed as a ball hog that would never win anything until..... he did.....

Of course Rondo needs to push the ball all the time because as all the experts say, he is pretty much useless otherwise - which he proved again yesterday.

I am pretty stupid I guess, the last two times they have played, the Cs were not even in the games but that will just somehow stop and reverse itself.

Here are a few little gems that people want to hang their hats on as to why the Cs are better - they won the season series 3 to 1.... Wade missed the preseason and in the first game they ever played together (literally) the Cs beat them by 8 with Shaq, two weeks later again with Shaq they won by 5, later on the Cs won a 3 point game.... in their last game the Heat embarrassed them. 

They have played the Heat 5 times and the Heat have held the Cs 90 or below in 4 of the 5 games.  The Cs have averaged 90 ppg in the 5 games while the Heat (losing 3 of the 5) have averaged 94.

Without Shaq the Cs won a game by 3 and have not been in the two games since winning that game.

Of course none of that is relevant because the Cs are just going to impose their will and play their style and so on and so forth.... why?  well apparently the Heat will just let them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Pick your poison offense requires a team mentality. They move the ball to the open player. That did not happen in he first half, for the starters, or the bench.

For the Starters, both Rondo and Pierce insisted on being the hero, and only passed when there was no other choice. When that happens, cutters sit and wait for the ball that comes too late, and guys that create temporary space near the hoop, get the ball after the defender has already reacted.

The reason it looked like the Heat were a bee's nest, on defense, is exactly because of the hero attitude.

All year Pierce has been a team first role model, however on Sunday, it looked like the Nike ad hype of James vs. Lebron was too much temptation, and he reverted to play styles from previous years. Things got better in the second half, but wow, the Celtics did not look like the Celtics in the first half.

For the bench, Davis decided that he was Lebron James, and tried to dribble through triple teams multiple times. Green was more aggressive on offense this game, but he has much to learn on defense. Maybe Davis should shut his mouth and play.

This is the first time since 2008 that I have seen the Celtics react in such an un-Celtic like way, in a big game.

I think game two will display the attributes of Celtic play again. Celtics in 6 or 7