Wilbon on PTI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Wilbon on PTI

He is a Chicago guy and part of the TNT team....and, in my opinion, one of the top journalists out there.....that said....today on PTI....he said the rumor on the street is Dwight Howard to the Bulls....didn't discuss players involved...just said that is the hot talk around the league....makes sense...who would go to Orlando...? ...I guess I'd start with Noah.....thoughts....?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Wilbon on PTI

In Response to Wilbon on PTI:
    [QUOTE]He is a Chicago guy and part of the TNT team....and, in my opinion, one of the top journalists out there.....that said....today on PTI....he said the rumor on the street is Dwight Howard to the Bulls....didn't discuss players involved...just said that is the hot talk around the league....makes sense...who would go to Orlando...? ...I guess I'd start with Noah.....thoughts....?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

Anyone who signs Howard will be a much better team.  They would be an even better team.  Just not sure who they would have to trade to Orlando or who Orlando would want.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

In Response to Re: Wilbon on PTI:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Wilbon on PTI : Anyone who signs Howard will be a much better team.  They would be an even better team.  Just not sure who they would have to trade to Orlando or who Orlando would want.  
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Besides Noah and Deng, Bulls dont have really much else to offer. Their salaries are pretty high too. If I was Orlando GM, and had to trade Howard, I would look to OKC to try and make a trade. You can get younger more talented players for a lot less.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wilbon on PTI : Besides Noah and Deng, Bulls dont have really much else to offer. Their salaries are pretty high too. If I was Orlando GM, and had to trade Howard, I would look to OKC to try and make a trade. You can get younger more talented players for a lot less.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]y would okc even consider this tade? they have kendrick jabber-chamberlain-howard perkins! its like asking them to include kevin durant in the deal. i dont see chicago getting him but i do same them in the mix big time. that would make things tough on the celtics big time and move the bulls up to the heat league. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wilbon on PTI : y would okc even consider this tade? they have kendrick jabber-chamberlain-howard perkins! its like asking them to include kevin durant in the deal. i dont see chicago getting him but i do same them in the mix big time. that would make things tough on the celtics big time and move the bulls up to the heat league. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Easy, they can offer Westbrook, Hardin, and a first round pick (s) or also include Perk. Thunder get Howard and Nelson. There are endless possibilities for the Thunder, only people they will not trade are Durant and Ibaka.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

There's a 0% chance of the Thunder ever being able to swing a trade for Dwight Howard simply because they lack the pieces to make such a move.  With regards to that hypothetical trade you proposed, I think Orlando would laugh hysterically, and then no longer take their calls.  By the way, Westbrook is still under his rookie deal, so his salary is very low.  Hardin is a decent player, not sure if I view him as a starter yet though, but he's up and coming I guess.  The Thunder are too good of a team for their 1st rounders to ever entice any team via trade, and Perkins just got signed to a bloated contract.  Besides getting a good return for Howard, I would have to think with all of their own bloated salaries, that Orlando would be looking to dump the likes of Arenas and Turkoglu, not take on more bad contracts, especially since they'd be giving up the most prized asset via that trade and wouldn't even be getting equal value in return.

Me personally, I feel that at the end of the day, Orlando will not trade Howard, thinking that they may be able to convince him to stay.  I'm also of the belief that although it wouldn't be in his best interest if he values playing for a championship, that because he's too much of a nice guy who tries to please everyone, that he may be pressured/guilted into staying in Orlando.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I think you may be right.....but I have to say that I do think that OKC is a good fit...I don't think the Magic ownership would laugh at the thought of getting Westbrook, Harden, Perk for Howard and Nelson....especially if they thought the alternative would be N O T H I N G......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I think you're right angel. I can see ORL holding onto DH next year and making some deals around him and/or even some concessions (like firing the coach) similar to what Cleveland did with Lebron and hope for better results.

Also, if DH is traded to the Bulls and CP3 goes to the Knicks, then we might as well hold onto our Big 3, hand out the rocking chairs, sit back and enjoy the retirement tour because it will be hard as hell to get past all the talent on NY, Miami, and Chicago.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

The other problem that I have with all these Dwight Howarde trade speculations centers around the fact that none of these so called propsals take the cap situation under the new CBA into consideration when mentioning L.A., NY, or Chicago as potential destinations seeing how all are over the cap as we speak.

Furthermore, although L.A. and Chicago have the pieces to make this trade, it remains to be seen if they'd even consider it, seeing how none of these teams have a player worthy of being dealt straight up for Howard; therfore they'd have to pretty much gut their team in order to make this trade.  One could then argue that although they would have greatly improved at the center position (which is a premium position), that because of how many good players that they'd have to include in such a package, that they're actually worse off, not better.

Like I said earlier, I don't think Howard will be traded because I feel that Orlando at the end of the day will believe that they have as good as chance as any of convincing Howard to sign with them.  That said, if Howard truly does want to compete for a championship then he'll go elsewhere via free agency not trade, as I'd imagine that you wouldn't want to go somewhere that just gutted their roster in order to accomodate you, you'd actually want to know that there are pieces around you, otherwise what's the point?