Wilcox: 8 pts, 9 rebs, 18 mins, I'll take that every night!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wilcox: 8 pts, 9 rebs, 18 mins, I'll take that every night!

If we can get a 4-6 points and 5-7 rebounds from Wilcox in 16-22 mins a game the rest of the season that could really help round out the rotation...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Wilcox: 8 pts, 9 rebs, 18 mins, I'll take that every night!

Yup, def noted the fouls as well, when you have a stiff like Howard use all 5

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

He played with a attitude that has been missing from him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yeah, same with Green. Hope it means CW is getting healthy and not worried about getting hurt again.

I mean just a year ago he averaged like 7 points, 6 rebounds and 60% from the field in about 20 mins... from the end of January through early March, before the heart issue. Thats what we need through the end of this season.

He just turned 30 in September, he's not old, KG turned 30 some 14 months before the Celtics traded for him. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

I think those numbers will come easier and easier with more playing time (consistant).  He missed some stuff at the basket, that with some playing time will come a lot easier for him.  I like him on the court with KG to start a game.  He has a knack around the boards and runs.  He doesn't have the mid range jump Bass has but you don't need that on the court with KG.  KG always draws his man out because of his range and Wilcox will go after the rebound more than Bass.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

yeah, same with Green. Hope it means CW is getting healthy and not worried about getting hurt again.

I mean just a year ago he averaged like 7 points, 6 rebounds and 60% from the field in about 20 mins... from the end of January through early March, before the heart issue. Thats what we need through the end of this season.

He just turned 30 in September, he's not old, KG turned 30 some 14 months before the Celtics traded for him. 

Remember, Wilcox was playing closer to a double double the last 10 games before the medical issue was found last season.  He can be a 9 point 8 rebound guy consistantly with playing time of 20 minutes.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yeah last Feb he gave back to back 9 rebound games and 11 and 13 rebound games. He also had 6 games between 11-17 points.

Like many of us were saying about Sully, a superior rebounder who plays closer to the rim is better to pair with KG than Bass, who has a similar (obviously worse) offensive game than KG. sully was blowing our minds getting a 6/6 in 20 mins before the surgery.

Wilcox is a career 8/5 guy in 20 mins 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Wilcox is our upgrade over Bass if Doc will play him!!  You put KG, Wilcox, and Green on the floor together and we are a big team. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Wilcox is our upgrade over Bass if Doc will play him!!  You put KG, Wilcox, and Green on the floor together and we are a big team. 

I agree.

It looks like Wilcox is better suited playing alongside KG, not backing up KG.

Still, the Celts need to trade Bass.

Bass could help us of the bench, but if we could trade him for another big, i say let him go. Collins is doing a good job also, i think he is probably better than Steamer!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I agree.

It looks like Wilcox is better suited playing alongside KG, not backing up KG.

Still, the Celts need to trade Bass.

Bass could help us of the bench, but if we could trade him for another big, i say let him go. Collins is doing a good job also, i think he is probably better than Steamer!!

Agree that Wilcox could start and play the Sully role, he is better suited to play alongside KG than Bass. Too bad Bass can't embrace a role off the bench. We could use an 8/5 backup PF.

Bass for about 20 minutes, Wilcox for 12 and Green for 16 at PF is a solid rotation. KG needs to be kept around 26-30 mins though, so I don't think Collins and Wilcox for around 20 more mins in the middle is an elite enough rotation there.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Collins per 36 mins is giving 5.1 rebounds and 0.8 blocks.

Stiemsma is giving 6.8 rebounds and 3.4 blocks.

Maybe in small mins you'd think Collins is basically the same player, but Greg is clearly superior. I'd take him over Collins anyday of the week.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

It would be nice to see Wilcox contribute consistantly but he is always hurt and his play is erratic at best and now people want to start him over Bass.  Bass at least shows up and plays every night even if he does not meet most expectations.  Until Wilcox shows he can play every day in a back up roll and be consistant he does not deserve to start over anyone (imo)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

You know what I love about Wilcox? .. when the oppurtunity is there, he stuffs the living crap out of that ball and does it quickly. He IS the big we have been loooking for.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Certainly a nice game against the Lakers last night by Wilcox.

Playing at that level every game will make a big difference in most games.

Stay hungry, Mr. Wilcox!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Guys, lets be real. If Dwight didn't play like a little b1tch last night, Wilcox probably wouldn't have gotten those stats. DH was a no show. DID YOU SEE THE THREE STEALS ON DH IN A ROW?! He gave the game away. He's in the right town, but in the wrong industry. Dwight needs to retire and pursue an acting career as a clown.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Guys, lets be real. If Dwight didn't play like a little b1tch last night, Wilcox probably wouldn't have gotten those stats. DH was a no show. DID YOU SEE THE THREE STEALS ON DH IN A ROW?! He gave the game away. He's in the right town, but in the wrong industry. Dwight needs to retire and pursue an acting career as a clown.

zing...

Still, Wilcox had the same # of rebounds as the taller Howard, despite his hurt shoulder its still relevent

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Wilcox had some good seasons with Seattle a few years back.  the guy is not bad at all if he can stay heallthy.

21. This post has been removed.