Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for?

Rotation is pretty set IMO other than a Center to share time with Jermaine. Wilcox is not the answer... last 3 years he was a 17 minute 7 point 4 reb PF on 3 bad teams.

We need a 26 minute, 8 ot 7 reb Center.

Maybe pair those 3 with a draft pick and try to get Jason Thompson or Robin Lopez... both are backups (to Gortat and Cousins) and both are restricted free agents whose teams are notoriously cheap and will most likely not want to pay them starter money

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for?

PG - Rondo/Dooling are the best duo in 4 years of big 3 w/ apologies to House and maybe 7-8 games of DWest.. but Rondo will hopefully show this is his best year as a pro

SG - Ray is still Ray, seriously 90-95% of what he was during the two title runs, and if we can get Pietrus at 90-95% of what he was in Orlando... watch out!

SF - Pierce is 90% of what he was in 2010 and 80% of what he was in 2008. 'Quis is back to full-health and has a new lease on life so I am happy with SF.

PF - KG is 90% of what he was in 2010, but only 50% of what he was in 2008. Bass will help.. he is better than Baby and Powe... but it is a shame Kevin fell apart so quickly.

C - I trust Jermaine to give us a quality stat-line if rested and healthy for 22-26 playoff mins... we just need another good center. If only we had Perk:-( 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for?

Yes he is... but this thread is about a trade for a center to replace Wilcox:-)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

What would also be so great about a restricted FA Center like Thompson or Lopez is that they only take up like 4m of the cap w? their qualifying offers for next year.

So we'd still have max money for 1 guy or enough to make VERY nice offers to 2 guys.

We have Rondo-Moore-Pierce-Green-Bass-Johnson likely all here next season and a host of vet min guys to fill-in bu PG/wing spots... but just Stiemsma for Center.

Even if/when we fail to get a single big name star to come here next season it'll be comforting to know we have a young Center and aren't scrambling around and/or desperately blowing 30-40 million on a Chris Kaman type

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for? : Stiemsma can replace Wilcox.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

I predicted in another thread that he likely will... but he is just insurance in case JO goes down... not the 26 minute 8 point - 8 rebound guy we are going to need to battle in the playoffs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

There isn't a center available,besides Howard who can make them title contenders.
    They are too old ,and there is no use trying to put a band aid on a bullet hole.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

Didn't the Celtics sign Wilcox using the MLE? If that's the case he can't be traded.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

^ Yup

Either Fesenko (size) or Gadzuric (almost 34) via UFA market or work a trade for Okafor/Landry for KG and pieces now if you are that unhappy with KG. Otherwise wait till the deadline. Not much else out there but your RFA idea.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Why trade Wilcox?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Can't see that happening ... Danny used the MLE on him and not likely he'll trade him unless he's part of a package at the trade dealine IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

First of all, it doesn't matter how much three guys make, it matters how good they are. These three guys are scrubs right now and no team wants to waste 5.75 million to get them. 

I'm not sure you should throw the towel in on Wilcox yet either, he hasn't played much. 

I don't see Ainge making further roster changes, barring injury he'll be looking for chemistry at this point rather than shaking things up further.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Nobody wants Pavlo and Avery. Scrubs is the right word to describe them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

why would we want to trade wilcox? wilcox will be better than JON qtr threw the season..we will need wilcox.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

In Response to Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for?:
    [QUOTE]^ Yup Either Fesenko (size) or Gadzuric (almost 34) via UFA market or work a trade for Okafor/Landry for KG and pieces now if you are that unhappy with KG. Otherwise wait till the deadline. Not much else out there but your RFA idea.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You have one hell of a sense of humor. When Fierce says trade KG he's a traitor. Now you're saying trade KG for Okafor and Landry. lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for? : You have one hell of a sense of humor. When Fierce says trade KG he's a traitor. Now you're saying trade KG for Okafor and Landry. lol
    Posted by MajorMajor[/QUOTE]

You notice I said "if you are that unhappy" meaning the C's braintrust. I advocate waiting till you have to do something or should I say till you benefit by doing something. Nevers works in your favor when your doing a trade under the gun.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wilcox, Avery and Pavlo make 5.75 million... what big can we trade them for? : You notice I said "if you are that unhappy" meaning the C's braintrust. I advocate waiting till you have to do something or should I say till you benefit by doing something. Nevers works in your favor when your doing a trade under the gun.

You're changing the subject. Look, it has nothing to do with the Celtics braintrust. What's funny is if Fierce talks about trading KG he's a traitor. Then after seeing you saying that, here you are talking about KG for Okafor and Landry. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

I laid out the three options I see ... and as I said, I don't advocate making a move under duress as Fierce is suggestin. If a good deal is available at the trade deadline then fine if KG must go but I haven't thrown in the towel on KG like Fierce has. Later.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajorMajor. Show MajorMajor's posts

[QUOTE]I laid out the three options I see ... and as I said, I don't advocate making a move under duress as Fierce is suggestin. If a good deal is available at the trade deadline then fine if KG must go but I haven't thrown in the towel on KG like Fierce has. Later.

Let me just ask you directly, why do you become a traitor if you're a Celtic fan talking about trading KG?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]First of all, it doesn't matter how much three guys make, it matters how good they are. These three guys are scrubs right now and no team wants to waste 5.75 million to get them.  I'm not sure you should throw the towel in on Wilcox yet either, he hasn't played much.  I don't see Ainge making further roster changes, barring injury he'll be looking for chemistry at this point rather than shaking things up further.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

If you give some team our 5.75 million you can take back another teams 7 million... actually saving them cash... then toss in the draft pick to make up for the fact that we get someone serviceable while they get scrubs

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't the Celtics sign Wilcox using the MLE? If that's the case he can't be traded.
    Posted by MajorMajor[/QUOTE]

He can be traded a some point before the deadline, I just don't know when

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Wilcox fits well.  The last 3 years he averaged 17 minutes, 7 point and 4 rebs.  If JO stays healthy and Stiemsma get some experience and blocks a few shot which he is very good at, Seems to me that is about as good as the Celtics will do. The perfect unselfish center out there is Kendrick Perkins who was traded for a more talented young forward Jeff Green cause Kendrick had knee problems and could not be re-signed and fans have to live with that.  I still think Danny has done a remarkable job rebuilding this team in a short time.  With Pierce back and Mickael Pietrus ready in about 10 days, the Celtics may look a lot better than some think. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I said those exact stats earlier in this thread only as a negative... he did that as a PF for 3 bad teams

Now this team, in order to be very good, needs a 22-28 minute a night CENTER who can give you 8-12 points, 7-9 rebounds, 1-2 blocks...

That's not Wilcox

Such a center makes us the #3 seed in the East and a scarier frontcourt to deal w/ the likes of Bosh/Haslem, Amare/Chandler and Noah/Boozer

Wilcox likely makes us a 4-5 seed (as long as everything else goes right) and will not provide the playoff boost we need

25. This post has been removed.