Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight?

No, for what and for who?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I am sure there are enough people contacting Orlando without Orlando calling up teams.  Why would they call a team if that team has shown no interest? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

we don't have the pieces for a trade.....unless we decimate most of the roster....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Who ever gets this a ss clown will regret it. He is soft from the neck up and has a limited game and has peaked a couple of years ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight?:
    [QUOTE]Thoughts?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Since you are very knowledgeable what do you think that Danny could offer for Howard that would be realistic.  I just don't think the Celtics have the necessary pieces. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Thoughts?

Why would you want this head case of a player on our team. Yes a great player but will eventually be problematic and demand to be traded. Besides as other wrote where would we get the player to trade for him unless you propose we one decimate the roster as someone wrote or give away our future 1st and 2nd round draft choices, probably a few years worth to destroy this teams building blocks. Fierce you need to rethink this one. Make little sense !!

Hetch 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I am guessing the answer is no. The C's will have much better chemistry with the squad they have today. Imagine the impact of that trade on the Cs! Every post game interiew session players being asked about DH! There is also the possibility he shuts down on his team again! NOT WORTH THE GAMBLE!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

DA would be sleeping on the job if he didn't at least examine any possible options of bringing DH to Boston. There's nothing wrong in DA making an offer for DH. Offers are thrown around all the time. It may be a shot in the dark, but DA doesn't lose anything by doing so. As the saying goes, you'll never really know unless you try.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Thoughts?

You, in many of your posts, as I, like to have a strong rebounder & not be last in rebounds. We need the pressure of shooting 45-50% to win most games we lose rebound battle by 10 or more & the other team can shoot 35-45% & still beat us with the extra chances.

Dwight Howard, headcase or not, is the best big man in the game and the only one, I think, who can compete with the best big man duo in the game, Bynum & Gasol, who always seem to play well against us & give them 10+ rebounds aka extra chances. Fortunately, we only play the hated Lakers twice in reg season. Howard is no more of a headcase than Bynum. I think KG could control him & I would love to have a big man under the basket for rebounds & one who can muscle in the rebound. We haven't dominated in the post since Bird, Parish & McHale days.

Yup, whom to give up. Maybe Pietrus, Bass, even AB, now that we have Terry, and also maybe Christmas and a 1st & 2nd rounder. But, maybe too, we'd win the title for next couple of years.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Danny Ainge has spent no more than two seconds thinking about acquiring Dwight Howard.

If Howard will not re-up with teams in warm weather what would make anyone on this earth think that he would want to re-up with a team in the north who has winters like this guy has only seen on occasion while looking out the windows of the Orlando team bus on its way to and from the Garden.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I do not see any other way Celtics can compete with Miami other than Lebron getting injured. PP is done and I expect to see further decline in PP's game, there is no way he can limit Lebron. Is DH can defend Lebron, of course not but think of having KG and DH in the paint. That would be a dream scenario I think. I know many of us are worried with his troubled nature but Doc managed BB's, DWest's, Robinson's and to certain extent Rondo's. I think a move like this would move over the hump and give us clear advantage over Miami/Bulls. Other than that we are a playoff team and 3-5th seeded team in the east. So with that in mind, how about trading Rondo, Bass and a few draft picks for DH? I think we can live without Rondo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight?:
    [QUOTE]I do not see any other way Celtics can compete with Miami other than Lebron getting injured. PP is done and I expect to see further decline in PP's game, there is no way he can limit Lebron. Is DH can defend Lebron, of course not but think of having KG and DH in the paint. That would be a dream scenario I think. I know many of us are worried with his troubled nature but Doc managed BB's, DWest's, Robinson's and to certain extent Rondo's. I think a move like this would move over the hump and give us clear advantage over Miami/Bulls. Other than that we are a playoff team and 3-5th seeded team in the east. So with that in mind, how about trading Rondo, Bass and a few draft picks for DH? I think we can live without Rondo.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

They obviously can.  they took them to 7 games last year while missing Bradley and having no bench at all.

There isn't any doubt they can compete with Miami.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : We are not 100% sure Ainge is not interested. Unless, of course, you know Danny Ainge personally.

Nope I don't know him personally.  I am pretty sure if the Celtics had interest in Howard it would have been reported by now,  don't you?  My sources tell me there is no interest in Dwight Howard.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : They obviously can.  they took them to 7 games last year while missing Bradley and having no bench at all. There isn't any doubt they can compete with Miami.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly Snake.  With a completely healthy roster we can compete with a good chance to win.  Miami if they didn't get Bosh back they wouldn't have beaten us. Goes to show how much injuries have to do with it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

A thread just for the sake of having a thread....SMDH!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I do not see any other way Celtics can compete with Miami other than Lebron getting injured. PP is done and I expect to see further decline in PP's game, there is no way he can limit Lebron. Is DH can defend Lebron, of course not but think of having KG and DH in the paint. That would be a dream scenario I think. I know many of us are worried with his troubled nature but Doc managed BB's, DWest's, Robinson's and to certain extent Rondo's. I think a move like this would move over the hump and give us clear advantage over Miami/Bulls. Other than that we are a playoff team and 3-5th seeded team in the east. So with that in mind, how about trading Rondo, Bass and a few draft picks for DH? I think we can live without Rondo.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

Howard would definitely give us a advantage we don't have now.  Of course it depends on who we would have to give up to get him.  You have already seen what he can do with a team around him not very good.  Just because Paul can stop Lebron in no way makes him "done". Maybe you didn't see him last year when he was healthy. Now you tell me who can guard Lebron? I know one person that is not intimidated by him and has had some good games against him. Lebron is the best player in the league and I don't even think there is anyone close to him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 11BeatThat. Show 11BeatThat's posts

The ESPN Trade Machine says we could ship Pierce and Bradley for Howard.  Add a boat load of draft picks and they might bite on it.  I know they were demanding that someone take Hedo or Richardson too, but their demands haven't worked out so well for them yet, so they are probably going to get a bit more flexible.

Personally, I think we would be crazy to do it.  It's fine that the doctors say he's recovering well, but who was the last NBA player to come back and dominate after back surgery?  I can't think of one.  And Howard's injury was not due to a a severe impact (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5xKzEZHvHo) -- it looks like it was a wear and tear injury.  There are a lot more parts of his back that have wear and tear on them, especially given that his game is all about athleticism -- banging and leaping and that kind of thing.  Re-injury of the surgical site is very possible too.  On the other hand of course, as loaded as our roster is, we would probably hang a banner if he returned to old form, and he would not likely abandon a championship team for free agency.  All in all though, it seems like it would be an extremely risky acquisition -- mortgage the future of a solid team and bet that he will return to his old form?  I wouldn't do it.

BTW, unless Orlando is completely stupid (a real possibility), they have got to trade him now.  Imagine if they choose to start the season with him with the idea of trading to Brooklyn in January-February when the trade rules relax, but instead, he re-injures his back or any other significant body part before that time.  Orlando would probably get a couple of second round picks for him.

I'm certain Danny has thought long and hard about this trade, but I too hope he does not think another two seconds about it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

who do you give up? Rondo? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : They obviously can.  they took them to 7 games last year while missing Bradley and having no bench at all. There isn't any doubt they can compete with Miami.
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

I am happy to see your optimism but I do not see them getting by the Heat. There was a reason last year serises with the Heat became a 7 game series; Bosh was out most of the season. Who is on the Celtics team that can stop Lebron? Miami is all about athletism there is no way we can beat them on that aspect. Our team is built on half court/rugged defence/low scoring games. We will have a chance if we make Miami play our game, that can get several folds if DH type player is added.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Ainge Even Make an Offer for Dwight? : I am happy to see your optimism but I do not see them getting by the Heat. There was a reason last year serises with the Heat became a 7 game series; Bosh was out most of the season. Who is on the Celtics team that can stop Lebron? Miami is all about athletism there is no way we can beat them on that aspect. Our team is built on half court/rugged defence/low scoring games. We will have a chance if we make Miami play our game, that can get several folds if DH type player is added.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

You appear to be one of those fans whose heart was broken when Miami beat us this year..

u greatly underestimate what losing bradley and having a 70% Ray Allen did to us. not to mention we were without the services of Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox, two athletic players.
    Bosh was out for 7 games..not most of the season. And nobody in the world can completely STOP Lebron, but he can be contained. If we had Avery Bradley, theres no doubt in my mind we go to the finals.