Re: Will Doc Get Fired this Season?

In response to concord27's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Doc is much better than his team.

[/QUOTE]
    A voice of reason

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i think the big question ppl wanting to fire doc have to ask themselves is, If we fire Doc, who else is available that gives us a better chance to win? Both with this group and in the future? Fire Doc and watch KG and PP completely tune out, and Rondo will be uncoachable once again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why you always challenging people to go on record?? 

Whether Doc gets fired or not is a function out of anyones control on this forum. It's whatever Danny and the owners want to do... which take into consideration tons of issues..

So when most people reply NO... are you gonna crow about it and tell everyone to stop posting negative opinions about Doc?????

[/QUOTE]

becuase he's a puerile control freak.

it happens to be my position that doc rivers is the reason behind this team's current lack of INTEGRATING NEW PLAYERS- j. green, j. terry, courtney lee, LOSING darko, UNDERACHIEVING VASTLY in the season, barely clinging to 8th seed.

the signs are written not on the wall but the floors, ceiling and doors that doc has outlived his expiration date as far as the players developing a tin ear to him. 

or else, please explain the general apathy, lack of urgency and UNDER to NON integration of crucial players, some of whom we paid a lot of money for???

doc has never been an X and O guy- when your team gets old you have to get crafty to win.  doc hasn't done it. 

or to come at it from another angle- someone come on ahead and tell me what doc has done well this year.  i suppose sullinger is a nice surprise but what did doc do?  avery bradley was a nice surprise only because ray allen got hurt.  and so it goes. 

nobody is over achieving, KG is visibly gassed both mentally and physically at the lack of help and bass is probably on a suicide watch from doc not allowing him to post up at all- you know, that thing (draw fouls and get free throws) that big men do to get back into a groove....?

but all you doc accolytes, do tell- what has he done so well?  why do you think this self professed hater of young players is going to do us well going forward?  why waste any more time on it?  you really gonna be happy with 9th seed this year?  or 8th seed and getting smoked by miami or NY first thing?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i think the big question ppl wanting to fire doc have to ask themselves is, If we fire Doc, who else is available that gives us a better chance to win? Both with this group and in the future? Fire Doc and watch KG and PP completely tune out, and Rondo will be uncoachable once again.

[/QUOTE]

if your players are not listening to the coach, some have even said that they are not in good enough shape, there is not enough heart and hustle ACROSS THE BOARD plus you have NEW PLAYERS who are the LYNCH PIN to the new and OLDER big 2 winning it all- you know like they pretended they were serious aobut doing- courtney lee, jason terry, jeff green are NOT integrated- they do not have consistent roles. 

now you can add brandon bass to the list of people who don't know whether to crap or wind their watch that wear a green uniform under doc.

it's not "who is better" it's "who could be worse"?

find an interim coach.  learn from your mistakes.  never sign a simplistic rah rah MORON of a coach to a contract extension and never let thibodeau walk out of town in the first place.  once he and clifford ray were gone this team was never the same. 

does anyone remember doc's last days in orlando?  the celts are looking an awful lot like that team.  listless, seemingly tone deaf, with a coach with no solutions.  just ADD line up shuffling.  i've seen enough.

that's my opinion.  fierce makes a wet spot on the front of his pants when anyone has an opinion that doesn't agree with what he thinks.  oh well.  i say you could make ANYONE an interim coach and have this year finish better than it's started.  give players consistent AND APPROPRIATE roles and let them come into their own.  i'm sure lee, green, bass and terry would really dig that.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

and by the way, the disaster of hardheadedness known as rondo is not a reason to KEEP a horrible coach.  go ahead and trade him to another team along with sh*tcanning doc.  i'm sick of rondo.  he has the ***POTENTIAL*** to be a top 5 player in the league.  into the 6th or 7th year that becomes a dirty word when it doesn't convert into actual achievment.

what good is rondo?  we have him to thank for our opposite-of 7 seconds or less system- too many posessions are rondo dribbling then distributing in the nick of time for someone to be stuck with a bad shot.  why does he hold the ball?  it's his protection from becoming flagrantly useless. 

when he passes the ball off early in the shot clock all there is to do is go hide in the corner out of bounds to keep his man from sagging into the paint as usually happens.  it's like 4 on 5.  only with rondo dribbling out the shot clock, it's still 4 on 5, just not as obviously visible to people who have never played basketball or don't know much about it.

the lack of rondo's desire to conquer the step up 14-16 foot jumper to an adequate proficiency speaks volumes about doc as a coach.  you might as well get rid of both.  doc allowed that to be the new normal and now we have a tempo murderer instead of an exciting and CONSISTENT point guard.  some call him mercurial, the gussied up way of saying "head case" or "incompetent".  he's a perfect match to doc.

do  a sign and trade and ship rondo the hell out of here with doc to the charlotte boobcats.  take draft picks in return.  do something.  i tell you- jacque vaughan type of ham and egger point guard could run this team.  jacque could hit free throws 70% and was just a basic SUPER BASIC point guard.  with rondo not willing to bend his knees and defend properly, his el toro defense leads to havoc for the back line when rondo misses on steals and our team defense is non-existent any more.

you'd have figured a good coach like doc would have connected with rondo, but doc is uncoachable just as rondo is.  both are morons in their own special way- doc is a straight up moron and rondo is a very smart person with a stubborn mind who refuses to go outside of his comfort zone- something you get ironed out before the 22nd birthday let alone a 10M per yr contract extension that is set to end soon with a bizarre set of circumstances- rondo NEVER HAVING SHOOT FT% better than his ROOKIE YEAR of 64%.

explain it away doc-o-matics.  tell me how this is competence personified.  it's a freaking disaster and you know it.  whoever said "but rondo will go back to being uncoachable"......  wowsers.  so you tacitly acknowledge rondo is a nitwit.  let me give you a news update- RONDO WAS NEVER COACHABLE- WHAT COACH TOLD HIM TO HOLD HIS FT% RIGHT AROUND 60%??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Mike Brown is available

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketballfan2010. Show basketballfan2010's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way Doc gets fired.

It isn't like this team is that good.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with you, Doc makes it thru this season and he evaluates chances moving forward. I believe Doc will ultimately make the decision versus DA/Celtics when the time comes. I believe he is one of the top coaches currently in the league as evidenced by last 4 years performance. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kensfarvox. Show kensfarvox's posts

In response to basketballfan2010's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No way Doc gets fired.

It isn't like this team is that good.

[/QUOTE]

Agree with you, Doc makes it thru this season and he evaluates chances moving forward. I believe Doc will ultimately make the decision versus DA/Celtics when the time comes. I believe he is one of the top coaches currently in the league as evidenced by last 4 years performance. 

[/QUOTE]

Doc didn't trade Perkins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Who can coach if DOc gets fired or leaves?? Look at the Knicks... D"antoni gone and Woodson steps up from assistant coach to head coach... viola... not bad, huh.

Before that move took place, who could have justified saying Woodson was a better coach than D'antoni??

I agree with most of what acie posted.. DOc has no control over Rondo and let the kid turn into a bigger monster than he started out as.. Does ALLOWING your PG to not give effort defensively and stay in hot pursuit of an occassional swipe-from-behind steal stat....good coaching???? Been going on for years... Heck, Doc has even stated in interviews opponents penetration was big factor in our defensive breakdowns..of course, never mentioning Rondo by name..

Doc is not an elite coach imo....not even in the conversation. He got 3 HOF's in 2007 .. plus a really good bench and we won one title...  Most any coach can look good with great players that know what theyre doing and are committed...  Frankly, the players carried this team imo over the subsequent years..

Then the real braintrust left (Tibs) and has the Bulls playing like the 07-08 Celtics ever since,..  little by little... Watch them play the game and youll see lack of effort, no fluidity on offense or defense... its one thing not to have the physical capacity to execute.. its another to always seem confused cause youre not sure what to do or what your role is.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Again, man up, stop being a coward.

[/QUOTE]Fierce.... the poster lacking the courage to abide by the terms of a bet with Jamez.... is tossing out accusatory words like cowardice....

Merry Christmas!

Pud

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's pretty obvious who the unreasonable ones are here.

Come on, Acie Earl is MVP?

Karl is lost?

Ugh!

[/QUOTE]

Fierce seriously...find yourself a hobby away from BDC.

You're now name calling and somewhere in your twisted thinking you feel you and only you have all the answers leaving no room for differing opinions.

THis forum has become too important to you imo. There's much I disagree with you about but I dont let it spoil my day or feel the need to always get the last word in or confront you.  relax, everyone has their own opinions and nobody has to answer to you for them. 

Happy Holidays Fierce...Go Celtics

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

Who can coach if DOc gets fired or leaves?? Look at the Knicks... D"antoni gone and Woodson steps up from assistant coach to head coach... viola... not bad, huh.

Before that move took place, who could have justified saying Woodson was a better coach than D'antoni??

I agree with most of what acie posted.. DOc has no control over Rondo and let the kid turn into a bigger monster than he started out as.. Does ALLOWING your PG to not give effort defensively and stay in hot pursuit of an occassional swipe-from-behind steal stat....good coaching???? Been going on for years... Heck, Doc has even stated in interviews opponents penetration was big factor in our defensive breakdowns..of course, never mentioning Rondo by name..

Doc is not an elite coach imo....not even in the conversation. He got 3 HOF's in 2007 .. plus a really good bench and we won one title...  Most any coach can look good with great players that know what theyre doing and are committed...  Frankly, the players carried this team imo over the subsequent years..

Then the real braintrust left (Tibs) and has the Bulls playing like the 07-08 Celtics ever since,..  little by little... Watch them play the game and youll see lack of effort, no fluidity on offense or defense... its one thing not to have the physical capacity to execute.. its another to always seem confused cause youre not sure what to do or what your role is.

[/QUOTE]

Many coaches, Karl, have had hall of famers and have not accomplished what Doc has.  take your Tibs comment - how can he be the braintrust?   The system started before he got here.  It started with Dick Harter.   Thibs did a good job.  Love him.  But Doc and Danny set up a defensive minded Team and Thibs was but one element.  KG is more important.  So was Doc, himself, as evidenced by the great D we play every year without Thibs.  Look at Doc's assistants.....he hires well - the sign of a good manager.   Look at this team's performance vs the Bulls - who's gone to the finals and who's won a championship?   Bulls have the MVP and they ca't even get to the finals.   Doc has a team that everyone said stunk last year and by the end of the season, he has them in contention.  That's EVERY year since 2008.   That's good coaching because he had different support players every year (and some times - NO BENCH).   

Doc has earned a little respect.  If you can say by season's end that this team is not performing well, we can reopen this discussion but Coaches who've won like Doc don't get fired mid-season after being given new players to work in.  Rather, they are given a chance to prove they can work the new players in and can produce a winning team.   

Doc didn't make the trades to get rid of the big men and count on Shaq and JON to stay healthy. That was the GM's gamble and it backfired.  Even then, Doc brought the team to the level they could challenge and if not for Rondo's injury, I still think we would have challenged Miami 2 years ago like we did last year.   

I understand your view, but I strongly disagree with you.  This team will get better and the best chance of that happening is with this Coach.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Many coaches, Karl, have had hall of famers and have not accomplished what Doc has.  take your Tibs comment - how can he be the braintrust?   The system started before he got here.  It started with Dick Harter.   Thibs did a good job.  Love him.  But Doc and Danny set up a defensive minded Team and Thibs was but one element.  KG is more important.  So was Doc, himself, as evidenced by the great D we play every year without Thibs.  Look at Doc's assistants.....he hires well - the sign of a good manager.   Look at this team's performance vs the Bulls - who's gone to the finals and who's won a championship?   Bulls have the MVP and they ca't even get to the finals.   Doc has a team that everyone said stunk last year and by the end of the season, he has them in contention.  That's EVERY year since 2008.   That's good coaching because he had different support players every year (and some times - NO BENCH).   

Doc has earned a little respect.  If you can say by season's end that this team is not performing well, we can reopen this discussion but Coaches who've won like Doc don't get fired mid-season after being given new players to work in.  Rather, they are given a chance to prove they can work the new players in and can produce a winning team.   

Doc didn't make the trades to get rid of the big men and count on Shaq and JON to stay healthy. That was the GM's gamble and it backfired.  Even then, Doc brought the team to the level they could challenge and if not for Rondo's injury, I still think we would have challenged Miami 2 years ago like we did last year.   

I understand your view, but I strongly disagree with you.  This team will get better and the best chance of that happening is with this Coach.

[/QUOTE]

Im not so sure you do undestand my view. Ive expressed my displeasure with Doc, Ive expressed how I wish we kept Tibs as HC instead of DOc...  I dont recall saying fire Doc or predicting he would get fired mid season (maybe im wrong, let me know) ... although it wouldnt break my heart.

Look, when a team does well just about everyone has their  hand out taking credit..  The C's werent a great team until Ray n KG joined..  until then DOc was coaching n going nowhere fast.. KG & Ray turned the team around....and both were great leaders ... they were still there during our seasons we did well after that.

So you wanna credit Doc for that success, your privilege... I see it different

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticNut. Show CelticNut's posts

Unlikely, especially after a game like their win today against the Nets.  Today was a minor turning point in the season.  Their defense was solid but it was their offense and shot selection that was the difference.