Will it be JJ Redick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Will it be JJ Redick?

There is allot of smoke here!

Boston Celtics trade rumors: J.J. Redick trade reportedly being pursued

This is big news for fantasy basketball owners, because it might cause Redick to take a hit in his value. He seems like the perfect fit for the Celtics and someone who could make them deadly from three-point range, but his offensive numbers could also take a hit in another system. Right now he is getting a lot of freedom on the court with the Magic and has averaged 17.3 points per game in their last 10 contests.

While it is certainly the case that a J.J. Redick trade could make him more likely to find postseason success, he might have to take a hit on numbers. It could certainly be the case that double-teams would give him even more clear looks from the three-point line, though, which is probably what has led to these Boston Celtics trade rumors. He has an affordable contract, the Celtics need a shooter, and the Magic need some youth and picks.

Boston may have to give up a player like Fab Melo in order to entice the Orlando Magic into making a deal, but it's certainly possible.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Will it be JJ Redick?

Definately a possibility!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jokerblue. Show Jokerblue's posts

NO please. He´s a mid class player...we need a Star not another Lee... :(

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The C's need someone to un-clog the paint, i.e. a 3-point shooter! The type of offense they run relys heavily on it!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hardly a game changer. We need a big man and a scoring threat.  Redick is a three point shooter and very little else.  Giving Green up for him is an admittance of defeat.  Bass for Redick would be fine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Hardly a game changer. We need a big man and a scoring threat.  Redick is a three point shooter and very little else.  Giving Green up for him is an admittance of defeat.  Bass for Redick would be fine.

This is Danny boy's type of player...Not RA, but at least he can deliver on a consistant basis and is perfect for the C's system..Great outlet for Rondo..takes some of the pressures of PP and Kg..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

The last thing we need is more guys standing around the perimeter. Especially when we've only got one guy (Sully) who can pull down rebound. You've already got Terry, AB, and Lee out there but now even Green & Rondo are launching more threes. We need slashers and windex guys, so just say no to JJ!

We're learning that DA can't evaluate NBA talent (which I guess is why he spends most of his time sitting next to mothers in college gyms looking for tweeners or projects that he can get in the second round) but now I worry about Doc too after putting his stamp of approval on Green, Lee, and Terry!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to wfdog's comment:

The last thing we need is more guys standing around the perimeter. Especially when we've only got one guy (Sully) who can pull down rebound. You've already got Terry, AB, and Lee out there but now even Green & Rondo are launching more threes. We need slashers and windex guys, so just say no to JJ!

We're learning that DA can't evaluate NBA talent (which I guess is why he spends most of his time sitting next to mothers in college gyms looking for tweeners or projects that he can get in the second round) but now I worry about Doc too after putting his stamp of approval on Green, Lee, and Terry!

You forgot BAss!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

[QUOTE]

except JJ can actual;y MAKE threes.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

The only way I would go for Reddick, who can be a very effective bench player, is get Vucavich too. I know I'm looking at this as a Celtic fan but, if we could trade Terry,Bass and Melo and maybe  a protected 1st for Reddick,Vucevic and Arrington. It's the only way the $$ could matchnup and be worth it for Orl. I was wrong about JET so far,especially for 3 years. This trade the numbers match up and probably be the best value we could get for a trade involving  Melo because of  his low salary. Arrington is way over paid for 3 years but would be a better fit with us than Orl and is 2 years younger then JET. Reddick would probably be a 1 and done for us but would give us a lot more wiggle room cap wise next year and help us now. Melo and Vucevic would be either a wash or slightly better for one team for another but pretty close either way and Vucevic is ready now. A protected lottery pick should seal the deal for taking two under performing players that may or may not improve for one that is who he is and has zero upside. We get help now and some cap relief later,Orlando gets an equal young big, another 1st round pick to rebuild with and 2 players that style wouldn't upset their future plans and can play now for them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Agree, I think DA & Doc saw Miami (even with Bosh) & Chicago going small and thought that was the wave of the future in the East but you need to get guys who are super athletic and/or can create their own shot. What we have is a bunch of players who stand around wait for KG & PP to create and bail them out. They can't grasp the half-court offense and Doc isn't running them, so we're stuck in this limbo.

At least we had an identity and a toughness when we had all the 7 footers. Plus, we had guys who could play the half-court game with an aging KG & PP. What's the use of getting rid of guys who clog the middle for Rondo if he is determined to prove to the NBA that he has a jumper and doesn't drive as much anymore?

It's just bad planning and evaluations. I hope Doc can turn it around again this year, make some adjustments, throw out the playbook and just have his bench run more but I'm losing faith.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

[QUOTE]

+1

except JJ can actual;y MAKE threes.