Will Lebron Skip That First Game Back In Cleveland Or Will He "Face The Music"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Will Lebron Skip That First Game Back In Cleveland Or Will He "Face The Music"?

Some Cleveland friends of mine told me: 'the first game back for Lebron would be so extraordinarily vehement against him, he most probably would be held out of the game'.  That never crossed my mind.  I honestly have no complete idea what Cavalier and Heat management will do.  Whatever happens, I hope it all goes safely.  Does anybody have an opinion? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCelticsBig3. Show TheCelticsBig3's posts

Re: Will Lebron Skip That First Game Back In Cleveland Or Will He "Face The Music"?

I think Lebron's image would take an even bigger hit if he sat out the first game back to Cleveland. Of course, the Cavs will have to hire some extra security to make sure no one tries to hurt Lebron because I'm sure many fans in Cleveland want to lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: Will Lebron Skip That First Game Back In Cleveland Or Will He "Face The Music"?

I think he'll be there. Might as well get it over with. If he doesn't it will probably just make things worse next time around.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

i would have to say with the ego this guy has he will be there for sure.  He will try and take over the game and be a human highlight real more than usual.  he really wants to stick to to  Gilbert. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Good thoughts my friend......I think Lebron absolutely has to play or his image will take another hit....fans would be questioning his manhood and toughness....he cannot sit this one out!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

well being that the music might be the most difficult part of the night for him being that the cavs wont be...heat win that game in particular by 30+

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Of course he plays.  Every team has some ex-player who left under less-than-perfect circumstances and 99% of the time they play.  I know LeBron is bigger than life in Cleveland, and he probably would've been received better if he showed one iota of class, but to not play means he shows weakness.  No way he shows that kind of weakness.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Lebron won't be the first guy to get booed by the fans of his former team. This kind of stuff has been happenning for years. Lebron's biggest concern will be having enough guards around him entering and leaving the building. 
       Lebron made matters much worse by doing his narcissistic free agent extravaganza and signing with Miami. If he would have left his team and signed with another like other free agents, it wouldn't be all that big of a deal. He made his own bed as they say.
        Scottie Pippen Karl Malone Charles Barkley and others put Lebron in his place during and after the media circus extravaganza Lebron created. As Pippen said, Lebron has a right as a free agent to play where he chooses. However the manner in which he did it was out of line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

He will play.  In his narcissistic mind, he didn't do anything wrong. "Why are they booing me?"  he will say after the game!

He has to get it over with sometime, but, like Johnny Damon (who didn't get it for a much more, ah, mental reason), he will not understand the hostility!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

and once lebron gets fitted for his 3rd or 4th ring, no one will care how he left cleveland except a few bitter cavs fans because their team is now trash

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Will Lebron Skip That First Game Back In Cleveland Or Will He "Face The Music"?:
    [QUOTE]and once lebron gets fitted for his 3rd or 4th ring, no one will care how he left cleveland except a few bitter cavs fans because their team is now trash
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

I predict death threats and bomb threats too. High, high security all around the arena and downtown.

Should be quite a media circus.

And oh yes, despite a "sore elbow" he does suuuuck it up and play... and has a  fairly lackluster game due to all the hoopla... which he doesn't quite understand!

Pud 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Will Lebron Skip That First Game Back In Cleveland Or Will He "Face The Music"?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Lebron Skip That First Game Back In Cleveland Or Will He "Face The Music"? : I predict death threats and bomb threats too. High, high security all around the arena and downtown. Should be quite a media circus. And oh yes, despite a "sore elbow" he does suuuuck it up and play... and has a  fairly lackluster game due to all the hoopla... which he doesn't quite understand! Pud 
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    uh...my guess is that he drops 40+ that night and shuts everyone up

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

He will play. The game will probably be a televised national event.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Im thinking his posse has already paid a premium for all the tickets available through scalpers etc so he can give them to his homies in Akron and balance out the boo's some.

Im mixed as to whether he plays. I thought to myself ... what would I do if I really didnt want to show up but knew if I didnt, i would humiliate myself. Cant injure myself a week or 2 before the game, too obvious and nobody would believe. Im thinking I take the court, get boo'd... make sure the 3rd or 4th time I touch the ball, I drive real hard to the hole, throw my body into whoever is standing there... crash to the floor screaming in agony. 

That sort of injury could work because everyone would be a witness to it.. then Id try to come back after halftime..give it a go... but limp all over the place.. Coach wants to sit me but im insisting I can play.. I make a big scene for the cameras arguing to keep playing... being held by my teammates trying to talk sense to me.. In the end, I realize dealing with my injury is whats best for Lebron (have to refer to myself in this way) ... I have to look at the big picture and whats best for the Heat as much I my heart wants to finish the game.. 

Im viewed as a warrior (in my own mind) and my boys will be telling the story about my heart... how I wanted to push through the agony and pay back Gilbert.. He lucked out this time but wait until the Cavs visit Miami.. I should be healed by then.. in fact, now that the game is over, Im already feeling much better.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

The only thing he did wrong was the way he announced his decision. What were his advisors thinking?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

I long for the days when athletes didn't have "posse's" and "advisers".  If he listened to his Mom, he'd still be in Cleveland!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i think its funny how people all of a sudden dont think he is the best overall player in the game

was the "decision" dreadful? absolutely...but the man is still at the top of his game and now has two other stars in the prime of their career and not twilight of it