Will Rivers be Miami's next coach?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

ESPN: Rivers to Miami chatter lingers

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Will Rivers be Miami's next coach?

I think Rivers is back in Boston for at least next year -- maybe longer depending on how Ainge rebuilds this team post Big-3.  And I can't imagine he'd jump right on board in Miami even if he left Boston.  Doesn't seem to be his style.     

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

Does Rivers want to go to Miami?  Riley sure would love him as the coach.

One thing about this board is that the "Doc stinks" posts, once common, have become pretty rare.

Maybe even the anti-Rivers crowd is starting to recognize what a great coach Doc is. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Doc is not going to Miami, he is either retired or with Boston. He was going to retire this season but came back to Boston. Rivers is not going anywhere!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Why would he go based on what we have seen?  Where would you want to coach?  Let Riley reap what he has sown.  He deserves it. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Bsh1t!!!!

"No, I really don’t have any thoughts about that," Rivers said. "As far as I’m concerned, I’m a Celtic and I plan on being that for a long time, as long as I’m coaching."

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2010/12/doc_rivers_wont_be_taking_his.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think Doc will continue to coach the C's for the remainder of the time the Big 3 play. I doubt if he will stick around for the rebuilding stage which will come at some point in time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

I think Doc will stay with Boston until RA's and KG's contracts expire. That's probaby the handshake deal he has with DA and the Big 3.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

R U crazy?
    Why punish yourself?  River sleeping in a good matress, why sleep in the floor?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Will Rivers be Miami's next coach?:
    [QUOTE]Will Rivers be Miami's next coach? R U crazy? Why punish yourself?  River sleeping in a good matress, why sleep in the floor?
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Great post !  I agree that Doc would be crazy to leave Boston.  I don't see this happening. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Why punish yourself?  River sleeping in a good matress, why sleep in the floor?" good to see you coming around. As I recall you had crowned the Heat champions and dismissed the Celts as too old in the offseason.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Well after the big 3 era Rivers would still have a nice team in Miami ... maybe that's why ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I agree with most. I think Doc stays on if we win it this year and goes for the repeat next year. Then I think he takes a year off and then possibly joins the Heat.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

uh...miami has a coach...coaching hasnt been the problem...the lack of D on PG's has been...i suspect that will change alot quicker

but miami already plays great defense...

so im not worried...

maybe doc can come down be an assitant coach when the bean town big 3 retire

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]" Why punish yourself?  River sleeping in a good matress, why sleep in the floor?" good to see you coming around. As I recall you had crowned the Heat champions and dismissed the Celts as too old in the offseason.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Not really true. I'm a Celtics fan.
    I have a house in Key Largo but that's about it.
    I'm no Miami fan but I like the Miami heat than New England cold.Smile

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]uh...miami has a coach...coaching hasnt been the problem...the lack of D on PG's has been...i suspect that will change alot quicker but miami already plays great defense... so im not worried... maybe doc can come down be an assitant coach when the bean town big 3 retire
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Don't give up your day job, Rodney.  You have NO future as a comedian!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Rivers be Miami's next coach? : Don't give up your day job, Rodney.  You have NO future as a comedian!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    the last part of my post was as realistic as this whole thread is...not much for recognizing sarcasm are ya bub?

but your continued obsession with my every post is quite creepy

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bilalkazmi. Show bilalkazmi's posts

[QUOTE]Does Rivers want to go to Miami?  Riley sure would love him as the coach. One thing about this board is that the "Doc stinks" posts, once common, have become pretty rare. Maybe even the anti-Rivers crowd is starting to recognize what a great coach Doc is. 
    Posted by paulliu[/QUOTE]

It is common belief in the NBA now that Doc Rivers is a phenomenal coach.  The one thing that stands out with Doc Rivers is that since the BIG 3 assembled in Boston, not one player has said anything bad about Rivers.  He has a phemomenal relationship with his players, and that is one of the biggest reasons we don't have chemistry issues.  People like Nate Robinson and Marbury (previously considered trouble makers) came to Boston and had a great relationship with Doc, despite getting limited playing time on the court.  Now that shows something.

The issues Miami has had so far have stepped from lacking chemistry which was a direct result on no one stepping as the clear leader.  In Boston, Doc is the clear leader that is respected by everyone on the team.

However, I won't be surprised if Doc ends up accepting Miami's coaching job after this season or in 2 or 3 years.  He is a pragmatic individual who values family life.  Being in Miami is better for his family life than being in Boston--I am sure he realizes this.

Perhaps, 2 or 3 years from now, not only does Doc move for the Miami job but he also manages to take Rondo with him.  Then, Miami will definitely be the top team for a long time to come.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Rivers be Miami's next coach? : the last part of my post was as realistic as this whole thread is...not much for recognizing sarcasm are ya bub? but your continued obsession with my every post is quite creepy
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

Right back at ya, SON, my whole post was sarcasm.  And if I'm creepy, stop responding!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Phil Jackson could be Miami's next head coach, if the Heat owners have a daughter to offer. LMAO