Will someone tell Jeff van Gundy to shut up

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Will someone tell Jeff van Gundy to shut up

I used to really like JVG, and I respected his ability to be removed from bias for his brother.  However, all that went right out the window.  He spent half the game lobbying for Howard.  And Mark was right, in that instance KG took his foul and didn't over react.  Mark never said he was a model citizen overall.  Notice he threw that little question in about whether dwight was taking more fouls than other big men.  He didnt' give JVG a pass when he tried to refer generically to "big men" getting the same protection as guards.  Anyway, anybody who knows the game of basketball knows you cant make the same calls down low as you do on the perimeter.  Plus, you have extra protection for guys who are "flying" through the air.  Rarely do big guys go that horizontal.  They're usually around the basket and going straight up more or less.

Jeff, you lost my respect big time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

JVG is OK, but not during Orlando games.

His obvious bias for Howard and his brother should disqualify him from such games. He is like Tommy used to as a national broadcaster, during Celtic games. While we all love Tommy, and his Johnny Most approach to Celtics games, it was probably his homer approach that relegated him to be a local commentator.

I kept hearing how Howard got fouled, and then the replay would show Howard trying to clear out Perk with his mass and his arm.

Jackson is another matter. He is too dumb to be a coach, and many times he says things without thinking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i actually liked that he lobbied for howard...

big guys not named shaq take alot more abuse than they hand out...and even shaq got attacked sometimes back in the day

in this day and age of great acting floppers...someone needs to watch out for the big men