Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

the FT disparity in the entire 06 finals and 2010 finals, esp game 7, is a black amrk of shame on the league

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?:
    [QUOTE]Game 6 Sac Lakers. 100 percent fixed. Look how many times the announces say terrible call not a foul which were blatatnly obvious bad calls.  It was the worse officated playoff game in over 20 years easily. It cracks me up people try to even deny it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlByVWEEXE8&feature=related Want the best laugh. Look at Kobe blatantly elbow Bibby right in the face @ 1:20. Ref is looking right at the play. It would have gave Sac FT's and the lead. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0KJvlSUB-w&feature=related Please someone amuse us all and claim the refs just all had a bad day. Every single one of them.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I remember watching these games.  I had forgot how horrible it really was.  Talk about a tainted championship.  Just looking at the Kings faces, they knew the refs would give them not opportunity to win the games. Kind of looks like the Heat of today and the Fakers of last year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

I must say that This year, during the regular season, the NBA seemed to clean up its officiating act compared to recent history. Many of the star calls disappeared for most of the NBA stars. In fact, the only players that I could identify that got consistent star calls this year were, Durant, and Rose.
    In previous years, James, Howard, Dirk, Kobe, Durant, Wade, Pierce and others got star calls.

The Play-offs have become a different matter. While Lebron was not allowed to do his tuck the ball under his arm and run to the hoop move against the Celtics, or in its earlier series, he was allowed to do it again in the Bulls series.

Why?

I guess I could speculate that the NBA wanted a Celtics- Lakers final, and a Celtics-Heat series as well. I wonder who they wanted to win after the Celtics and Lakers dropped out?

I wonder what it says about the NBA's opinion of the intelligence of the average NBA fan. When the officiating changes dramatically, and illegal pet star moves are allowed again, what does it say?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Anyone that doesn't think that whether it be Stern or some other nefarious ne'er do well, games in the NBA are "enhanced" is living in a fantasy world. If you think Tim Doneghy was a lone shyster in a above board group of individuals you're probably gullible enough to believe Glenn Beck and Limberger and the rest of the village idiots. As great as the game is Basketball is the easiest game to control,alter and ensure the outcomes/point spreads of games. Players play differently when they have 3 fouls early in a game or players score a whole lot more if they are allowed to push off,clear out with their off hand, take and extra step or 2,3,4, or are allowed to have picks that move for a couple of steps and are never called for offensive fouls. The fact that in the last decade NBA officials have been indited for game fixing,tax evasion and fraud,and scamming cash by using NBA frequent miles to buy tickets and reselling them for cash. Sterns reluctance to reign in or put some type of effectual review and disciplinary board in place could definitely be construed as being in cahoots with the shysters.
      If you truly believe that all games are 100% above board and any anomalies in calls or non calls are solely honest errors,call me I have very interesting income properties I would like show you that are available at a great price .Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

You know, I'm as rational as it gets for a "fanatic," which is the formal term for "fan." We fanatics aren't very rational, and so conpsiracy theories have a much greater chance of being deemed legitimate in our eyes.

That said, I've never believed that the NFL "has it in" for Al Davis and the Raiders. I just think Davis is a paranoid, a nut job, and a lawsuit-filing fool who's STILL mad that the AFL owners caved and agreed to merge with the NFL in 1966, rather than continuing to be at war with the league. So HE believes the NFL is out to get him and his team, and he then instills that belief in both his players and the team's fans. Really now, how could a franchise with three Lombardi Trophies, which benefited from one of the worst calls in post-season history en route to their first Super Bowl win in 1976, be the victims of a league-wide conspiracy?

I've never believed that the NFL was "deliberately trying to knock the Patriots down a few pegs" in the late 2000s, first with the poor, one-sided officiating in the 2006 AFC title game and then the hysterical overreaction to and overpunishment of the misdemeanor offense known as Spygate. I just think that mistakes were made--some of which the NFL even admitted to making (like sending the letter to the Patriots apologizing for the Ellis Hobbs "faceguarding" call, and Goodell publicly backtracking faster than the German army at Stalingrad after his initial ineptitude in handling Spygate opened the door to media "pundits" everywhere to start questioning the Pats' three Super Bowl wins--a ridiculous notion if ever there was one).

I've never believed that the NHL deliberately tries to give the Canadiens all of the officiating advantages either...if they were trying to do that, then why hasn't Montreal won more than two Stanley Cups since 1979?

HOWEVER, when it comes to David Stern's fiefdom known as the NBA, all bets are off in my mind.

Too much extremely suspicious stuff has gone on over the last quarter century to make me think that there's not at least a grain of truth in some of the conspiracy theories.

From the Knicks, inhabitants of the biggest media market in the world, "winning" the Patrick Ewing lottery and then being given salary cap relief some years later when a high-salaried player was injured (compare that to the Celtics being forced to carry the deceased Reggie Lewis' contract on their cap for years after he died); to the Lakers, inhabitants of the second-biggest media market in the world, getting every single call against a superior Sacramento team in the 2002 West Finals, thus saving the NBA from a Sacramento/New Jersey TV ratings nightmare in the Finals; and to Dallas, a superior team, getting completely screwed on every call from Games 3 through 6 of the 2006 NBA Finals, "coincidentally" preventing Stern from having to hand his #1 nemesis, Mark Cuban, the NBA championship trophy in front of millions of TV viewers---I really do think there's something to "orchestration" accusations levied against the NBA by some. 

That 2006 Finals series stank to high heaven, and the stench has only gotten worse five years hence. It was the most ridiculously lopsided officiating I have ever seen over a best-of-7 series, and that includes the shady officiating in the aforementioned LA/Sacramento West Finals in 2002.

I had absolutely no rooting interest in that series. In fact, I was happy to see former Celtic Antoine Walker, then with the Heat, get a shot at winning a title. But after Game 5, I couldn't watch it anymore. I was too frustrated at what I was seeing, and what I was seeing was the officials becoming the most important players in a championship series, singlehandedly keeping a weaker opponent alive. Clearly, the Mavericks couldn't watch anymore either, because they barely even showed up for Game 6 at home--probably because they had a grim sense that the NBA had stacked the deck against them, and that Stern's officials were never going to let them win that series.

Yes, it sounds crazy, and if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it either.

This time around, Miami is probably the better team. I just hope that this time, the refs let the players determine the outcome.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Every year NBA fans complain about the refs, David Stern, etc. But a year later those same fans still buy season tickets or subscribe to League Pass. Common sense tells David Stern to not fix what is not broken.

If we really want David Stern and the NBA to clean up their act then we should boycott the NBA! The question is, can we stand not watching our Celtics for one whole season? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?:
    [QUOTE]Fix or no fix it still works because fans are still talking about the NBA and millions still watch the NBA. Sports entertainment at its best!
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Not neccessarily. Attendance is down for the second straight year. It's not going to happen overnight, but Stern is destroying this league.

Every year only a handful of teams have a legit chance at a championship. There is no real cometitive balance.

And once a team does slip, it's usually at least a decade before they become relevant again. That's partially because of the draft lottery. Which is a joke. The Celtics can lose 19 in a row and get the 5th pick in the draft. Or finish with the worst record in the league and Tim Duncan gets awarded to a team that already has a superstar big man. It's insanity.

The league only recently became popular. It was Bird and Magic that gave life to the league in the early 80s. Before that, nobody cared about the NBA.

And now with all the one on on one iso BS that started in the 90s, the product (as Stern likes to call it) really isn't all that fun to watch anymore. And that's not even considering the officiating issues.

And name one other league that has star rules. How does that make the game more fun to watch? Is Stern really that desperate to create and market stars? Some guys, like Wade, travel almost every time they touch the ball and there is no call. But let some scrub move his foot one eigth of an inch on an upfake and they get called for a walk.

And now there is talk of a lockout? If that happens, the NBA will be on the fast track to becoming a niche sport like the NHL.

Stern really does need to go. Before he completely ruins the league.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

My dad stopped watching the NBA after many years, and even the Celtic's 2008 championship season would not bring him back.

He would only say that it is fixed. Why watch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]My dad stopped watching the NBA after many years, and even the Celtic's 2008 championship season would not bring him back. He would only say that it is fixed. Why watch
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

I would imagine that he isn't the only NBA fan that stopped watching after being a fan for many years.  My only wish is that Stern would be replaced soon, but I don't think it will happen. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]I must say that This year, during the regular season, the NBA seemed to clean up its officiating act compared to recent history. Many of the star calls disappeared for most of the NBA stars. In fact, the only players that I could identify that got consistent star calls this year were, Durant, and Rose. In previous years, James, Howard, Dirk, Kobe, Durant, Wade, Pierce and others got star calls. The Play-offs have become a different matter. While Lebron was not allowed to do his tuck the ball under his arm and run to the hoop move against the Celtics, or in its earlier series, he was allowed to do it again in the Bulls series. Why? I guess I could speculate that the NBA wanted a Celtics- Lakers final, and a Celtics-Heat series as well. I wonder who they wanted to win after the Celtics and Lakers dropped out? I wonder what it says about the NBA's opinion of the intelligence of the average NBA fan. When the officiating changes dramatically, and illegal pet star moves are allowed again, what does it say?
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]

I believe that you are seeing an adjustment being made because the NBA no longer controlls the media as they did before.  Viral discussions of this nature are cropping up everywhere.  There are YouTube videos that fans can use for analysis and as evidence supporting their claims.  I believe that despite huge efforts to promote LeQueen, NBA has not been successful in overcoming DecisionGate.

The tainted image that NBA is acquiring will lead to some disaffection with NBA and with the marketability of their stars.  If there are more public discussions questioning the integrity of NBA officiating, we will probably see more consistent officiating in games.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Lots of criticism of David Stern in this forum.  I wonder what the motivation is?  I think BOS had 3 championships under O'Brien's 10 year tenure, but only 2 in the last 27 years under David Stern's guidance.  Of course, we all know the proud history of the Celtics from 50 years ago.  Perhaps you all simply can't accept that your franchise is not as relevant as it once was, and have resorted to tinfoil on my head conspiracy theories, rather than facing the truth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

I am a Celtic fan and will always be one, but I certainly hope the finals
    are not fixed by Stern or any one else. Let them play basketball.
    I am definitely pulling for the Mav's. they are a better team, and they
    have earned it all this season. Good luck Mav's!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]Lots of criticism of David Stern in this forum.  I wonder what the motivation is?  I think BOS had 3 championships under O'Brien's 10 year tenure, but only 2 in the last 27 years under David Stern's guidance.  Of course, we all know the proud history of the Celtics from 50 years ago.  Perhaps you all simply can't accept that your franchise is not as relevant as it once was, and have resorted to tinfoil on my head conspiracy theories, rather than facing the truth.
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor[/QUOTE]

No, it is not just this forum or Boston fans.  I don't know which team you support but I can guarantee that it will not be Sacramento or Dallas.  Adrian Wojnarowski on Yahoo Sports had posted an opinion after Stern had disciplined Stan VanGundy.  He speculated that biased officiating against Orlando would be one of the levers that Stern would have used.

You think that NBA does not controll officiating?  Just check out the first two games of last year's finals.  They were called completely differently from other games.  NBA does control the officiating of the games to serve their perceived needs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

ITS NOT,

Some are not blinded by green colored glasses.... and some are limited by knowledge resident in the basic NBA fans. Knowing the rules, and observing the rules as they are called by referees, provides an in depth view of the realities of the NBA. Maybe you should watch wrestling instead. Some times theater is the goal, not talent.

Get a clue.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : Your dad is a role model. Unlike some of the fans here that keep complaining, about David Stern and how awful the refs are, but still watch the NBA games.  HAHAHA!!! 

Fierce is a role model as well for guys that dream of living at home in mommies basement and dominating the BDC Celtics board ...

" I'm not OK with 34 staying after his Perk post....  and I have made that quite clear in several posts."

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : It's bad enough that you lost in our bet and you didn't honor it. Now you're just trolling. Again, Mployee8, show us proof of your allegations.

You renegged on your promise to the entire board! The quote above is from another commenter not me!

I'll say it again ... you honor your promise and I'll honor our bet ... Balls in your court!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : I have proof and have shown it to the entire board that you clearly lost in our bet and you failed to honor the bet. Now, where's your proof about my alleged promise?  It's simple, Mployee8, if you can't backup your allegations then you must be making stuff up!

I won't search the archives, that's childish. Their have been plenty on these boards that have indicated their dissappointment with you for breaking your promise and I just posted the one that I read which in and of itself is plenty of proof that you said it.

" I'm not OK with 34 staying after his Perk post....  and I have made that quite clear in several posts."

I'll say it again ... you honor your promise and I'll honor our bet ... Balls in your court! You don't have the guts but I do ... I'm calling you out Fierce!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : Your dad is a role model. Unlike some of the fans here that keep complaining, about David Stern and how awful the refs are, but still watch the NBA games.  HAHAHA!!! 

I don't know who you were referring to.  I hold the opinion that NBA does bias the officiating to serve their purpose.  Maybe to promote super stars.  Maybe to promote a phenomenon.  Maybe to control the potential ugliness of the games.

The super star calls are the evidence of the first principle.  I expect a bias towards Miami in the upcoming finals for the second reason.  They are a much better story than Dallas.  Finally, the verbal sparring before the last year's finals led to very tight officiating of the first two games.  This was because of some kind of fear of ugly development given temperamental players on both the teams.

I still watch NBA.  Because it is entertaining.  Mostly Celtics games because I love the Celts.  But my dislike for DWade developed after the 2006 championships.  This was when I went in thinking that Mark Cuban was a jerk.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : Show proof. Digging up the archives is showing proof, not a childish act. It's either you're too lazy or you're just making stuff up.  You really think the posters on this board are as dumb as you? To believe your allegations without you actually showing proof?  It is a fact that you lost the bet and you refused to honor the bet. Your credibility went down the drain when you refused to honor the bet. Now, you think people here are going to believe you when you're someone who doesn't honor the bets he makes? You're someone with no honor, Mployee8.

I bet your not man enough to take me up on my offer cause you're the Faker! Put your money where your mouth is:

I'll say it again ... you honor your promise and I'll honor our bet ... Ball's in your court! You don't have the guts but I do ... I'm calling you out Fierce!

Fierce ....... Fierce ........... Anyone?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : Show proof. Digging up the archives is showing proof, not a childish act. It's either you're too lazy or you're just making stuff up.  You really think the posters on this board are as dumb as you? To believe your allegations without you actually showing proof?  It is a fact that you lost the bet and you refused to honor the bet. Your credibility went down the drain when you refused to honor the bet. Now, you think people here are going to believe you when you're someone who doesn't honor the bets he makes? You're someone with no honor, Mployee8. I bet your not man enough to take me up on my offer cause you're the Faker! Put your money where your mouth is: " I'm not OK with 34 staying after his Perk post....  and I have made that quite clear in several posts." I'll say it again ... you honor your promise and I'll honor our bet ... Ball's in your court! You don't have the guts but I do ... I'm calling you out Fierce! Fierce ....... Fierce ........... Anyone?
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

You keep posting the same thing over and over again.

Albert Einstein once said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/12047

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Arshole8

You're acting like that fraud that you are. You know you're in violation of the terms of the bet that's why you also want Fierce to stop posting. Is it a case of "if I can't post you can't post"?