Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?:
    [QUOTE]Arshole8 You're acting like that fraud that you are. You know you're in violation of the terms of the bet that's why you also want Fierce to stop posting. Is it a case of "if I can't post you can't post"? 
    Posted by 21st[/QUOTE]

Again ... you don't get it. Why doesn't he take me up ... If he really wants me to honor my bet then all he has to do is honor his promise. He won't!

So long as he won't honor his promise I won't honor our bet ... it's that simple!

Why don't you take it up with him as to why he won't honor his promise or take me up on my challenge ... use your lawyer skills to win him over ... Hahaha ... Good Luck!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 21st. Show 21st's posts

Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?

In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : Again ... you don't get it. Why doesn't he take me up ... If he really wants me to honor my bet then all he has to do is honor his promise. He won't! So long as he won't honor his promise I won't honor our bet ... it's that simple! Why don't you take it up with him as to why he won't honor his promise or take me up on my challenge ... use your lawyer skills to win him over ... Hahaha ... Good Luck!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Fierce is claiming he made no promises to you or anybody else on this board. You claim he made such a promise. But when asked to show proof you can't produce a single shred of evidence. And since you failed to comply to the terms of the bet the result is you lost your credibility. Other posters already called you out, one even called you a coward. Therefore, what you say can't be taken at face value. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : Don't you get it?  Every team from every league that DON'T win the title will always complain about the officiating.  You can put a bunch of robot refs out there with no biases and you're still get b i t c h i n g from fans of losing teams.  Always.  Never fails.  Especially from Celtics fans.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

This retort is just laughable. It is so far from the truth starting with this line: Every team from every league that DON"T win the title will always complain about the officiating. This statement is a joke. Every team that does not win a title DOESN'T complain about the refs for their demise. They may complain about coaching or lack of play-time or talent on the team, and the list goes on, but they don't blame the refs for only having subpar or below par seasons. You are right about one thing, fans will defend losses they deam unjust due to a lack of honest and fair officiating. That will never change for all teams, even Laker fans like you. Except you don't have the conviction(balls) to make a stand, but would rather blast those who do. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : I don't know who you were referring to.  I hold the opinion that NBA does bias the officiating to serve their purpose.  Maybe to promote super stars.  Maybe to promote a phenomenon.  Maybe to control the potential ugliness of the games. The super star calls are the evidence of the first principle.  I expect a bias towards Miami in the upcoming finals for the second reason.  They are a much better story than Dallas.  Finally, the verbal sparring before the last year's finals led to very tight officiating of the first two games.  This was because of some kind of fear of ugly development given temperamental players on both the teams. I still watch NBA.  Because it is entertaining.  Mostly Celtics games because I love the Celts.  But my dislike for DWade developed after the 2006 championships.  This was when I went in thinking that Mark Cuban was a jerk.
    Posted by prakash[/QUOTE]

Great post and I definitely agree with you.  Any NBA fan that doesn't believe that the officials can influence the outcome of the games isn't watching the games very carefully.  It is sometimes very obvious with phantom calls, no calls, which can benefit one team.  I do watch many NBA games and not only Celtics games.  It is sometimes very obvious that the officials are favoring one team and have decided the outcome of the game.  Anyone that doesn't believe that it exists is naive and I am not sure what they are watching. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]Any NBA fan that doesn't believe that the officials can influence the outcome of the games isn't watching the games very carefully.
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Can you name me one sport, any sport where the officials don't influence the outcome with calls/non-calls?  Do you think subjective calls like charge/no-charge are clear-cut calls?  If the NBA is hell bent on getting the max viewership out of the Finals (thus more $), then why aren't the Lakers in the Finals?  I'll await your convoluted answers.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : The Lakers are not in the Finals because they quit after the Mavs beat them in Game 1. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

But Stern was supposed to orchestrate them to the Finals, right? 

BTW, the Lakers gave up in game 4.  They actually had 2nd half leads in game 1, 2, and 3.  Try again.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

I don't believe Stern had any interest in seeing the Lakers make it to the Finals. That ship has sailed as has the Cs most likely. It was obvious who his choice was after the summer production and fireworks display in Miami. And now he has a fine line to walk. Will it be Miami, who many, not I, see winning multiple championships or go with Dallas, an aging team who in Cuban he despises. I think it is the Mavs. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Will Stern fix the Finals the same way he did last time Dallas and Miami played for the title? : Can you name me one sport, any sport where the officials don't influence the outcome with calls/non-calls?  Do you think subjective calls like charge/no-charge are clear-cut calls?  If the NBA is hell bent on getting the max viewership out of the Finals (thus more $), then why aren't the Lakers in the Finals?  I'll await your convoluted answers.
    Posted by icnd[/QUOTE]

Because I have not seen them be completely blatant except for Dallas and Sacramento series against the Lakers.  They tilt the bias.  And the Lakers were so pathetic, they still couldn't win a game (yuck!).

Basketball is the only sport where the refs have such an ability to influence the game.  It goes beyond making margin for bad calls.  The officiating has improved lately.  But the ability is very much there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

good grief the OP is a sad little man

my team didnt win so let's blame the refs

so so sad

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from df2. Show df2's posts

Holy crap, are actually that thick? That's scary.

Not once have you heard me blame the refs for my team losing to the Heat. They lost to a team that they should have defeated. Part of that was age. A bigger part were injuries and a idiotic trade. As far as NBA series go the officiating wasn't anything spectacularly bad.

What is and was clear to anybody with a functioning brain is that there is a massive officiating issue in the NBA that does not exist in the other three sports. It's either corruption or gross incompetence. Or a combination of the two.

Unfortunately for you and your kind NBA corruption is a proven fact. Just look up Tim Donaghy. Or Lakers/Kings.
    Again, unless you are living in complete denial, you recognize that there is a corruption issue that has existed in the NBA for at least ten years. It probably affected the last Dallas/Miami matchup and it's not stretch to think it could have an effect on this year's matchup.

I think you would understand this if it wasn't your agenda to promote your team's imaginary greatness to another team's fanbase. Look, we don't care. Nobody here respects LeBron or the Heat. And we never will. If that bothers you so much maybe you should stop coming here and save yourself a lot of frustration. 

I mean seriously, why us? The question isn't why you don't hang out on your own sites. That's easy. You are a troll. But why Boston? Why not peddle your agenda on a Bulls site? Or a Steelers site? What did we do to deserve this?