Will the C's Make a Run at Lebron James in 2014?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Will the C's Make a Run at Lebron James in 2014?

I had no idea he could opt out of his contract after next season!

Bulls Fans Could Be Thrilled By New 'Decision' From LeBron James
    Share Article

"Derrick Rose, Joakim Noah and LeBron James. Meet the NBA's next ''Big Three,'' coming to an arena near you after next season.

Far-fetched? Not really.

James has the power to become a free agent in 2014 by exercising the early-termination clause in his contract with the Miami Heat. There's a fairytale ending floating around that James would return to the Cleveland Cavaliers, whom he shunned with ''The Decision'' in 2010, to try to finally deliver a championship to a city starved of one. But considering the venom Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert spewed toward James in his departure, good luck with that.

James would be 29 after next season and looking to add to a legacy as the best all-around player ever to step onto an NBA court. So what better place to take over than the house that Michael Jordan built?

The Bulls could amnesty Carlos Boozer after the next season, Luol Deng comes off the books and is a free agent, and Kirk Hinrich's deal is over. That leaves Rose making $18.8 million, Noah at $13.1??million and Taj Gibson at $8 million, with team options for Jimmy Butler ($2.1 million) and Marquis Teague ($2.023 million). They'd be the only players under contracts.

Picture a starting five of Rose and James in the backcourt with Gibson, Noah and Butler up front — and still enough salary to build a bench with one-year deals, as general manager Gar Forman did last offseason and likely will do again in the coming offseason.

Chicago was at least in the discussion for James before he chose Miami, but at the time he was ringless. Playing under the shadow of Jordan without jewelry might have been too much pressure. Now, James has one championship and could have more by next summer.

The parking lot outside the United Center could use another statue — one that's about 2 inches taller and with more all-around skill.

†Which player returns to the court first, Rose or the Indiana Pacers' Danny Granger? Smart money is on Granger.

Kobe Bryant is now trying to share the ball and make players around him better? All those years of being selfish as a poor man's Jordan, and now he's trying to emulate James."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Will the C's Make a Run at Lebron James in 2014?

Pipe dream

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

He wouldn't come here because he can't wear #6!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Pipe dream

Probably so, but there are no better fans in the NBA, then Celtics fans!! 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Lebron James comments about Doc Rivers:

LeBron James told ESPN's Doris Burke, after the Heat defeated the Celtics 101-88 in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals, that he thinks Rivers is one hell of a coach. He commented on how well Rivers prepares his team. 

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2012/06/lebron-james-credits-doc-rivers-calls-him-one-hell-of-a-coach/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Pipe dream

I agree and I would trade anything we got for Lebron. As many as needed.  Even rondo.  Of course I am sure I will get flogged for such a absurd statement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

Pipe dream

I agree and I would trade anything we got for Lebron. As many as needed.  Even rondo.  Of course I am sure I will get flogged for such a absurd statement.

[/QUOTE

I am certain every team in the NBA is thinking the same thing! The Fakers even think they might have a shot! LOL!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

I have a feeling Lebron is going back to the CAVS in 2014

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Doc Rivers defending Lebron last season:

I hope now you guys can stop talking about LeBron and he doesn't play in big games, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said afterward. He was pretty good tonight. So we can put that to bed and go play Game 7.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Pipe dream

theres no player in the league thats untradeable when Lebron James is involved. Not one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The great thing about 2014, if LJ opts out, is he will be a FA (no trade will be needed)! He will pick the city, fans, team, and coach that he would like to play with / for!! 

The summer of 2014 will be interesting! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

BY Greg Price | January 31 2013 10:03 AM

An opt-out clause in the summer of 2014 and the mega luxury tax increases on the horizon, might be factors in bringing LeBron James back to the Cleveland Cavaliers.

LeBron James Heading Back To Cleveland Cavaliers In 2014? Agent Planning Return, Rudy Gay Trade Signal Teams Breaking Up?

Rich Paul, James’ agent, has been telling people that he has thought about bring James back to Cleveland, according to a report by Yahoo! Sports published Thursday. The report also suggests Memphis' trade of Rudy Gay to avoid the luxury tax could signal the end of triple-superstar clubs, with teams shipping out top tier players to avoid paying.

Paul, along with Maverick Carter, have been lifelong friends with James, and Yahoo! stipulates both knows how huge the credit might be for James returning to Cleveland.

Both are also aware of the looming salary cap restrictions that will start next season. Miami could pay upwards of $34 million next season alone, with most of its contracts tied up in James, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Bosh. All three hold opt-out clauses after next year, and should the Heat capture another title, the demand for a pay increase may not be out of the question.

However whether or not Miami, or any other market, could afford or even want to pay the impending tax bill remains to be seen.

Cleveland serves as an excellent landing spot for James’ post-Miami years. Point guard Kyrie Irving was just named an All-Star for the first time, and has emerged as not only the future of Cleveland’s success, but perhaps the heir apparent to the coveted “Best Point Guard Alive” moniker.

The Cavs also technically have zero dollars committed beyond next season, holding mainly team options. Irving, along with forward Tristan Thompson, and guard Dion Waiters should have their options picked up, but that leaves Cleveland general manager Chris Grant an immense amount of cap space to build a contender.

Not to mention James admitting his departure from Cleveland left a bad after taste, for it’s perceived snubbing of the city that helped make him a global superstar.

The one main obstacle to James’ return might be Cavs owner Dan Gilbert, whose tirade when James left in 2010 proved ill advised.

Gilbert decreed Cleveland would win a championship before Miami ever would, and clearly he was wrong and speaking from a place of anger rather than logic.

Supposing James and Gilbert made nice, a return to Cleveland, with their excessive salarycap room, fervid fan base itching for a title, and James seeking catharsis, could very well be in the cards.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lebron is not a good fit in Boston. It's like marrying Kim Kardashian. You know it's still good but not as fresh.

[/QUOTE

Kims ears are buring up right now! Ouch! LOL!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

I believe the C's will only have 6-players under contract in 2014: FM, JS, BB, RR, JG, and KG (2014 option)!

Is DA setting the C's up to have a shot at Lebron! 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Lebron is not a good fit in Boston. It's like marrying Kim Kardashian. You know it's still good but not as fresh.

If we had a shot at Lebron in 2014, I would change the team to fit him! No ifs ands or buts about it! 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

If we had a shot at Lebron in 2014, I would change the team to fit him! No ifs ands or buts about it! 

There's a bigger chance Lebron goes back to Cleveland than coming to Boston.

You are probably right.  I can't see a situation where LeBron would want to sign with the Celtics.  Although, even though he is very talented, I don't really like him and would never want to see him wearing a Celtics uniform. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

It appears they may be positioning themselves to have cap space that summer! The C's learned in 97 and 07 that you can't count on the NBA draft! 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It appears they may be positioning themselves to have cap space that summer! The C's learned in 97 and 07 that you can't count on the NBA draft! 

Should they also have learned or already known that they can't count on FA market either?  We are never or hardly ever in any conversation for any big FA as far as I can remember.

25. This post has been removed.