Will You Watch the Finals?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Will You Watch the Finals?

In Response to Will You Watch the Finals?:
    [QUOTE]According to some of the posters here the NBA refs are biased. So who among us here will watch or will not watch the Finals and why?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Ill be watching and hoping the refs stay neutral.... unlikely.

Reason Ill watch is to root for Mavs and cause its the NBA finals... cant think of a finals I havent watched since I was a kid

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Will You Watch the Finals?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Will You Watch the Finals? : Ill be watching and hoping the refs stay neutral.... unlikely. Reason Ill watch is to root for Mavs and cause its the NBA finals... cant think of a finals I havent watched since I was a kid
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I agree with you and will watch most of the games.  I really want to see Dallas win it this year.   It will definitely be interesting to see if the officials influence the outcome of the series, by bad calls, no calls, phantom calls, etc.  I always watch the playoffs in all sports.  I may miss some of the games if they are on the same night as the Stanley Cup finals since the Boston Bruins are playing.  Hopefully, this won't happen. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Ita a classic matchup. The best player in the Nba versus the best team in the NBA. 
    Lebron is a mix of Jordan and Magic.
    Dirk is the Paul Pierce of the West.  A misunderstood player who has carried his team and been a good finisher,but never had the great teammate to put him over the top.
    A way better watch then the crappy 2009 finals. 

Lebron winning a title doesn't bother me. He got a bad rep,with many fans as a ball hog in Cleveland,because he had to play pg and sf at the same time.
    Lebron is the likeable bad guy(Darth Vader).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

I'll definitely watch. You never know, but I think it will be good. I don't see a Miami Sweep, I think Dallas is too good. I have to think Miami is the favorite, but I have watched several of the Dallas/OKC games and Dallas is for real, not to mention that they bounced LA convincingly. Miami has the superstars, but Dallas has Dirk, Kidd, Chandler, Terry, Marion, Peja, Jose Barea etc. etc. Very deep. I am not a gambler. But I think if I had to put cash on the line, it would be equally hard betting against either team. I have not idea what the official line is. Go Dallas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I will watch some of the games.....I'm rooting for Dallas but I really don't care who wins.....same with baseball....I will watch every game if it involves the Dodgers, Sox, or Yankees.....otherwise, I'm not interested in staying up past midnight for a series I'm not that interested in.....the NFL is #1 and no other sport is even close...I watch football every Sunday (both games)....I watch every playoff game and the SB....funny that it is all about ratings and revenue.....and everyone including young kids can watch the games....if the NFL can do it, why can't the NBA and MLB....?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from donquique. Show donquique's posts

I hope Dallas wins because of Barea. I would not be surprised if they got swept though. I hate Lebron.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Why watch the NBA declare, in advance but not publicly, that the Queen, Wade, and Bosh will win a title. If Miami continues to get the awful and obvious call s it has been receiving, the games will be kept close, but in the end Miami will win it at the line - boring.  Nope, not a chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Yes, Mavs in 6.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

It has happened before in the finals that solid deeps teams beat rosters full of talent. Remember pistons versus fakers?

I think we're going to watch something similar again. My bed would be Dallas in six.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]I will watch some of the games.....I'm rooting for Dallas but I really don't care who wins.....same with baseball....I will watch every game if it involves the Dodgers, Sox, or Yankees.....otherwise, I'm not interested in staying up past midnight for a series I'm not that interested in.....the NFL is #1 and no other sport is even close...I watch football every Sunday (both games)....I watch every playoff game and the SB....funny that it is all about ratings and revenue.....and everyone including young kids can watch the games....if the NFL can do it, why can't the NBA and MLB....?
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I agree Duke...about these late starts

I'll tune in to all the finals games but Im sure Ill fall asleep most times before the game is over.   If the Celts were in it, that'd be different.

I cant stand the NBA starting games at 9pm in Miami.. so Ill find out who won the next morning on espn... not gonna matter much to me anyway..

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I absolutely will watch the finals.  Love the NBA.  I see the refs favoring Miami with all the petty superstar calls Lebron and Wade will get, but Dallas is a much tougher team than in the past so I want to see how they step up when its going against them.

I'll be pulling for Dallas (and its not that I hate Miami - I pulled for them against the Bulls)......its simply that I'd love to see Dirk get his and NOT see Miami win in the first year and get too arrogant.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

I'm with you Karl...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I be watching and rooting hard for my 2nd favorite team, the Mavs, lead by Dirk "the grand prize" Nowitzki!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

[QUOTE]I be watching and rooting hard for my 2nd favorite team, the Mavs, lead by Dirk "the grand prize" Nowitzki!!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Mavs in finals... now they are your 2nd favorite team... hmm...

Coming out of the closet?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

I'll be watching with the lone hope that Dallas' ball movement can expose miami. I've been one of the posters whose been more vocal about my displeasure with the officials, but I hope that in the end the players can decide the series. With some free time, I sat and read all of TBOB by Bill Simmons, and it put my gripe with the zebras in perspective. Under no circumstances will I miss a finals.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]I'll be watching with the lone hope that Dallas' ball movement can expose miami. I've been one of the posters whose been more vocal about my displeasure with the officials, but I hope that in the end the players can decide the series. With some free time, I sat and read all of TBOB by Bill Simmons, and it put my gripe with the zebras in perspective. Under no circumstances will I miss a finals.
    Posted by truth-torpedo34[/QUOTE]

I will watch a few games unless I conclude that they are just not worth watching.  I am rooting for Dallas but I don't have any real love for either of the two.  If the games are competitive and entertaining, maybe yes.  Otherwise it will just depend upon what I am doing at the moment.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I will be watching. I hope most Celtic fans will. They say this is a hockey town and according to ratings the NHL gets a bigger audience even if the Bruins aren't in it. Go Mavericks. If it's a good series I will be happy. I'm not a Labron hater. He's a fantastic player but he does get on my nerves. I know if the Heat wins and he only averages 20 a game , the naysayers will say they won in spite of him. If the Heat lose and he averages near 40 a game they will say, see he couldn't carry his team. Either way they will spin the negative. Oh....GO BRUINS! Bring it home! And how about them Sox.From 2-10 to 30-23. Pretty good, pretty good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

That book by Simmons was one of my favorites.....he is a great writer with a sense of humor....a little of a "homer"....but, then again, so is Hollinger....it was a great read!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

LETS GO HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congrats to mike miller for his little daughter being well enough to leave the hospital! best of wishes!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In Response to Will You Watch the Finals?:
    [QUOTE]According to some of the posters here the NBA refs are biased. So who among us here will watch or will not watch the Finals and why?
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Of course I will watch the finals.I,m a celtics fan and basketball fan.May the best team win