Without trade, Celts lucky to?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Without trade, Celts lucky to?

Celts will be lucky to sign up a team as good as the one we had last year.  We do not have the money or charm to attract the good free agents.  West , Green, and Davis would be huge signings compared to what we could otherwise get.  WE do have the 3 million that might get us a second rate center.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Without trade, Celts lucky to?

Don't forget Daniels - he is actually the closest to signing!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

In Response to Re: Without trade, Celts lucky to?:
    [QUOTE]Don't forget Daniels - he is actually the closest to signing!  I did not, we had him last year until the injury.
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Realistically there are better destinations in the East for free agents.  The odds of a title are slim and getting slimmer.  One reason DA is pursuing CP3 so much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BB,
    They are not better destinations they are only perceived that way by NBA players in their twenties.  Boston is better place to live than almost all of them but San Francisco.  They view warm temperatures as a must and highest priority.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Without trade, Celts lucky to?:
    [QUOTE]BB, They are not better destinations they are only perceived that way by NBA players in their twenties.  Boston is better place to live than almost all of them but San Francisco.  They view warm temperatures as a must and highest priority.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Agree - I am talking from a title and most importantly to the modern player - marketing perspective.  I do not share the views of many players, but then again, I am not that young. 

Personally I would always go to a town where sports matter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BB, 
    I think we are going to be disappointed tomorrow. A lot of teams got better and we may not get Paul.  It seems like Danny should have considered trading or using amnesty on some of the big three to get cap space. The Knicks move makes me sick.  Ainge was outflanked it appears at this point.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Concord your pessimism is well founded. I do not see Paul in Green (I have said he has never shown any desire to play in Boston) and I see PP,JJ and 11 new faces next year.  Still lets wait until what tomorrow and the proceeding week brings.