Worst Case Scenario

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Worst Case Scenario

We've discussed our hopes for players on the roster to develop into potential stars, but a look at the WORST case scenario for this team is very bleak.  In fact, a more realistic outcome this year  is a blend of the best and worst case.  I would not be surprised if 3 or more of the following happen:

Rondo:  Does not regain his full potential after his comeback from injury.  Not really a top tier PG and no longer of interest to other teams in trade. This makes him even more petulent.

Sully:  Reinjures his back.  Future career in the NBA is in jeopardy.

Fav:  Turns out to be as bad of a Center as we all fear.  We need to play Oly and other PFs at the center position. 

Oly:  Summer league does not translate to real world NBA.  He isn't athletic enough to compete at PF and he gets bullied underneath at Center.  Yi Jainlain anyone?

Bradley:  Never does regain his confidence and outside shot.  He is what we saw in the playoffs last year... dispensible.

Green:  Continues his inconsistent play.  

Brooks:  Can't play D and Stevens won't tolerate it.  

Hump, Wallace and Bogans: Know their time with the Celtics is brief and unwanted.  They play with no desire, energy and a bad attitude. 

I don't expect to much contribution or impact from others on the roster one way or the other.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Re: Worst Case Scenario

If you end up being right about Sully, then degenerate gambler Danny has rolled snake eyes for the 2012 draft ....

Wroten, Plumlee, Moultrie, Jones, Teague, Ezeli or Taylor anyone?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I think Sully was a good gamble at 21 regardless.  Unlike Melo, who had little experience and no proof of skills, Sully was a legit top 5 pick in the draft, sans injury.  His upside is still off the charts.  

Maybe the surgery will make his back stronger than normal?  I just don't know the prognosis of full recovery after disc removal.  I do know that back surgery (without disc removal) has plaqued and persisted with a number of NBA players, including Bird and Dwight Howard.  So there are two questions: will he be as good as he was before surgery and is his back more fragile and prone to reinjury as a result of having the discs removed?? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

I think Sully was a good gamble at 21 regardless.  Unlike Melo, who had little experience and no proof of skills, Sully was a legit top 5 pick in the draft, sans injury.  His upside is still off the charts.  

Maybe the surgery will make his back stronger than normal?  I just don't know the prognosis of full recovery after disc removal.  I do know that back surgery (without disc removal) has plaqued and persisted with a number of NBA players, including Bird and Dwight Howard.  So there are two questions: will he be as good as he was before surgery and is his back more fragile and prone to reinjury as a result of having the discs removed?? 

As long as Sully does his exercises religiously and maintains his weight, he should be good to go... no restrictions... and with better flexibility than he's had in a long time.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

[QUOTE]

As long as Sully does his exercises religiously and maintains his weight, he should be good to go... no restrictions... and with better flexibility than he's had in a long time.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Thank you Dr. Puddin. What is your prognosis for Rondo?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Oh so if Sully does his exercises he should be fine.

Do you actually write this stuff?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Thank you Dr. Puddin. What is your prognosis for Rondo?

[/QUOTE]Sully is young and healthy and strong and will do fine with herniated disc surgery. He is also exceptionally motivated.... and had the finest of minimally invasive surgery techniques no doubt. 

Us middle aged and older sedentary type over-weight lazy-azz desk jockies do less well with back surgery because we were never in shape to begin with.

He'll do fine... fine... fine. No problemo.

With R9R's ACL surgery... I haven't a clue.

2nd gain issues cloud prognosis big time.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

You don't know anything about his motivation, his surgery, or whether or not he will be fine if he does his exercises.

Other than that, great post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

You don't know anything about his motivation, his surgery, or whether or not he will be fine if he does his exercises.

Other than that, great post.

Go easy.  He is trying hard to write something positive.  And, yes, I got a good chuckle out of the exceptionally motivated claim.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope..he types it..not very observent are ya?

I've noticed...you are quick with the smarmy comments but never have anything to say about the issue at hand...tells me all I need to know about you sir...good day and...well, good day...

Snake oil was phony...hmmmm, name is snake oil...snake oil is phony....Yep, it fits...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to skinnyrexraptor's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I've noticed...you are quick with the smarmy comments but never have anything to say about the issue at hand...tells me all I need to know about you sir...good day and...well, good day...

Snake oil was phony...hmmmm, name is snake oil...snake oil is phony....Yep, it fits...

[/QUOTE]

Looks like you succeeded in crushing him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Skinnyrexraptor, I like your style.   Biting but accurate observational humor.  Welcome to the board.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to prakash's comment:
    [/QUOTE]

Go easy.  He is trying hard to write something positive.  And, yes, I got a good chuckle out of the exceptionally motivatedclaim.

[/QUOTE]Sully has a multimillion dollar career at stake.

He's not your run-of-the-mill back surgery candidate trying to qualify for a worker's compensation claim against his employer so that he can win a 75K slip/fall/surgery/chronic pain settlement.

I'd say he is very motivated to do well with back surgery.

Wouldn't you?

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Go easy.  He is trying hard to write something positive.  And, yes, I got a good chuckle out of the exceptionally motivatedclaim.

Sully has a multimillion dollar career at stake.

He's not your run-of-the-mill back surgery candidate trying to qualify for a worker's compensation claim against his employer so that he can win a 75K slip/fall/surgery/chronic pain settlement.

Wouldn't you?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok, I understand your point.  But I believe that most professional athletes are very motivated to maintain their health and careers.  The issue is that the excessive repeated stress of intense physical competition makes them more injury prone as well.

I hope that your prognosis is correct.  It will be great for the Celts if it is correct.  I am certainly hoping that it turns out to be correct.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]

Oh, ok, I understand your point.  But I believe that most professional athletes are very motivated to maintain their health and careers.  The issue is that the excessive repeated stress of intense physical competition makes them more injury prone as well.

I hope that your prognosis is correct.  It will be great for the Celts if it is correct.  I am certainly hoping that it turns out to be correct.

[/QUOTE]

Its up to Sully to be a great patient and to follow thru doing his part.

Great patients.... make their surgeons look great.

Conversely, lousy patients.... not so much!

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Pud

Matt Groening is a genius.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The absolute last thing Sully's back rehab needs is the distraction caused by craziness on the home front.  

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

The absolute last thing Sully's back rehab needs is the distraction caused by craziness on the home front.  

Pud

Poor Sully...threatened by his GF (PFFFFFTTTTTTT), no doubt....6-9, 260 and he has to beat up a Girl....what a punk.....it's too bad really...this will put him in mega dutch with the Boston fans...they don't take very kindly to women beaters here....he's a fool...too bad, he is/was out best player...RONDO doesn't count...dead men walking rarely do

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Apparently so... :)

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oh wow you figured that out all by yourself?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[/QUOTE]Sully has a multimillion dollar career at stake.

Wouldn't you?

Pud

[/QUOTE]

I don't know.  We do know he is motivated to getting arrested for beating his girlfriend.

If only rondo would work as hard.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Pud

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I never thought about what my screen name means. I am shocked!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Well, this is as good of a place as any, to work out your self esteem issues.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Worst case scenario is they win a couple of games against bad teams to start the season. Kelly has feet problems,and turns into Greg Oden injury wise. 

Rondo helps this team win, but wants out,and they have to trade him for less then his worth.

Wallace plays alot,but they can't sucker anyone into trading for his horrible contract.

They play hard and win 29 to 35 games.

There are 2 best case scenarios,and 1 more likely then the other,so I will root for Rondo to be held out longer,and them to play Olly alot,and hope his offense is great,and defense really bad to lose.

Danny is a great drafter,but he can only do so much picking in the middle of the pack. He swings for the fences most times,which you have to do in today's NBA draft.

He has hit homers with Rajon Rondo, Al Jefferson, but also has struck out with Gerald Green and Fab Melo.

He also has struck out just trying to make contact, J.R Giddens, Gabe Pruit, Marcus Banks or hit singles or doubles with Tony Allen, Jared Sullinger,Big Baby.  

He also has hits on homerun swings, Kendrick Perkins.

So swing for the fences and try to hit homers,because playing it safe has failed 3 times,and only nets average players usually,when it works out.