Would an Asik deal involving Gerald Wallace work? Financially?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Would an Asik deal involving Gerald Wallace work? Financially?

Last week, reports suggested that HOU wanted a back-up C or a power forward for Asik.  And names like Varejao began surfacing.  Today, reports say that HOU is interested in a 'swing-man' like Jeff Green. 

Do any of you numbers experts think the Rockets could afford to take on Gerald Wallace instead of Jeff Green?  Bass and Wallace for Asik?  Sounds better than Jeff Green and draft pick(s), right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Would an Asik deal involving Gerald Wallace work? Financially?

Why would they?  That is one of the least-movable contracts in the NBA.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why would they?  That is one of the least-movable contracts in the NBA.

[/QUOTE]

HOU is not shopping Asik.  They're desperately trying to get rid of him.  And if they are indeed looking for a swing-man, I'm just wondering if there were anyways possible of making the numbers work.  *DA is trying just as hard as they are to move Wallace.  The motives are the same.  Houston is almost like an ally when it comes to making trades with us.  Is this possible?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

They can find something better than GW at 10mil per year, I promise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

[QUOTE]

They can find something better than GW at 10mil per year, I promise.

[/QUOTE]

Sure.  And is this someone interested in Asik and his poisonous contract?  Do you have anything to add to this thread, troll-ely?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Wow, my first time to be called a troll. I'm honored.

Since you're becoming offended, I'll back out and let someone else tell you that there's no way houston would trade a valued player (asik) for one of the worst contracts in the league (wallace.) 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The more I think about it, why would you make a thread asking for people's opinions, then get mad if they don't agree with you?  I didn't call you stupid for asking or whatever.  Just saying Houston can get something of positive value for Asik.  His contract is of value, not a poison pill.  The wallace contract is one of the more famous bad contracts in the nba.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

[QUOTE]

The more I think about it, why would you make a thread asking for people's opinions, then get mad if they don't agree with you?  I didn't call you stupid for asking or whatever.  Just saying Houston can get something of positive value for Asik.  His contract is of value, not a poison pill.  The wallace contract is one of the more famous bad contracts in the nba.

[/QUOTE]

There is no way that Houston would want Wallace.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Opinion?  I was hoping that one of the numbers people would weigh in.  Would A for B work financially?  Why would anyone care about your opinion?  The question isn't SHOULD this work, it's merely asking whether or not it's even possible.

GFY.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Really, GFY?  Now who's being a troll.

That said, I didn't realize you were looking simply for an opinion on numbers.  Sorry for jumping in.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

[QUOTE]

Really, GFY?  Now who's being a troll.

That said, I didn't realize you were looking simply for an opinion on numbers.  Sorry for jumping in.

[/QUOTE]

Cole if you're name didn't rhyme with troll I wouldn't have called you one.  Sorry.  This Asik talk is pissing me off.  All I see is two teams, with two unhappy players, that both have bad contracts.  The C's need a center, and if these new reports are true (Houston is interested in a swing-man) seems appropriate to explore the math behind a would-be Wallace deal before mentioning Jeff Green's name.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Yeah, I would love that trade, but to me seems so unlikely it's hardly worth exploring.  I've been wrong before though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

The Celtics aren't the ones who are under pressure to make a deal this week.  Houston will have to listen to ALL offers.  I'm starting my own campaign right now: GERALD WALLACE THE ELITE DEFENDER.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

That trade works ... Good Luck!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Actually, GW is still an elite defender IMO.  One factor that I think you're missing is age.  GW is past his prime and declining rapidly.  Asik is still young enough to improve.

Houston was happy with asik, but when it turned out they could get DH, then sure, why not?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

The mistake houston made was waiting too long to do this.  Now they're seen as desperate.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Yes they can make the numbers work. No, Houston won't trade for a stiff with an attitude problem like Gerald Wallace. 

" Sounds better than Jeff Green and draft pick(s), right?"

Not to Houston. Jeff Green is that dude with flashes of greatness and you are forever tempted you can turn him into an All Star. Wallace is a wooden nickel.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I hope and pray that this doens't turn into a Green for Asik swap.

Asik is not worth Green IMO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Not even close. I'd go bass and something though.