Would you include Jeff Green in a package deal for LaMarcus Aldridge ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Would you include Jeff Green in a package deal for LaMarcus Aldridge ?

Always harder to find a true big man......if Aldridge is on the trade market , then he is the next best bigman available , he is even better than Omar Asik and Asik is pretty good.

QUESTION: Would you trade Jeff Green in some kind of deal if you could get Aldridge back from Portland ?

I would.

Discuss ?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Re: Would you include Jeff Green in a package deal for LaMarcus Aldridge ?

Aldridge isn't a true big man,  He will play PF for Portland this year and is the foundation of the team.  I don't think Portland will trade him, and if they did, it would take much, much more than Green to land him especially since Green doesn't appear to be an upgrade over Batum at SF.    

Portland does have three true centers on the team in Lopez, Freeland and Leonard.  I would not be surprised to see Portland trade either Leonard or Freeland (both at about $8M and 3 years), for a backup PF or backup SG.  

They have a pretty strong team and deep bench:   

Lillard / Mo Williams  (solid)

Matthews / McCollum (Rookie 10th pick)

Batum / Wright  (combined 25PPG)

Aldridge / Robinson  (5th pick in 2012 draft)

Lopez / Freeland (20PPG/10RPG in D League) / Leonard (11th pick in 2012 draft) 

Freeland or Leonard and Crabbe (6'6" SG) for Bradley or Crawford and 2 second round picks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I would include Jeff Green in a package for Terry Duerod's corpse.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Aldridge isn't a true big man,  He will play PF for Portland this year and is the foundation of the team.  I don't think Portland will trade him, and if they did, it would take much, much more than Green to land him especially since Green doesn't appear to be an upgrade over Batum at SF.    

Portland does have three true centers on the team in Lopez, Freeland and Leonard.  I would not be surprised to see Portland trade either Leonard or Freeland (both at about $8M and 3 years), for a backup PF or backup SG.  

Freeland or Leonard and Crabbe (6'6" SG) for Bradley or Crawford and 2 second round picks

[/QUOTE]

bradley and 1st rd(2015 clips) for leonard

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I'd trade Jeff Green for a bag of chips.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would include Jeff Green in a package for Terry Duerod's corpse.

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

JEFF GREEN SUCKS!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Jeff Dreen is better than Sherman Douglas , Darren Daye, and Pervis Ellison.....

Let's not get too down on the guy.

We DID get him for Perk (bag of chips) so it's not like we gave up anything to get him....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicosUncle. Show RicosUncle's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Jeff Dreen is better than Sherman Douglas , Darren Daye, and Pervis Ellison.....

Let's not get too down on the guy.

We DID get him for Perk (bag of chips) so it's not like we gave up anything to get him....

[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter....JEFF GREEN SUCKS...as does your typing

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I'd take Sherman Douglas over Jeff Green.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

remember all the people that had Jeff going to astronomical levels last year?  First it was the trade from OKC slowing him down,  then the surgery was slowing him down, then it was playing behind PP that was slowing him down.  I wonder what the problem is now?

Is it not playing with Rondo?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to chris33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd take Sherman Douglas over Jeff Green.

[/QUOTE]

100%

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They could use a veteran presence behind Aldridge ... Bass & one of our guards for Leonard would be nice!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They could use a veteran presence behind Aldridge ... Bass & one of our guards for Leonard would be nice!

[/QUOTE]

i would do it....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i would do it....

[/QUOTE]

Somebody set up a three-way with BDC, Danny & Neil Olshey on the net ... let's get this done!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jozee76. Show jozee76's posts

Yes and yes! Who wouldn't you trade for anybody! I knew they'd suck, but holy chit!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Green, Lee and Crawford to Detroit for Drummond, Stuckey and Villanueva.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I would include Jeff Green in ANY trade that would benefit the Celtics.  ANY!  By no means is he untouchable.  I'd trade him tomorrow and I would not necessarly look to get equal value back as long as it includes draft picks.

PHX85014, I don't think people are down on Green as much as they realize, like alot of other Celtic players, he is as trade-able as anybody.  Again, not being down on him but he has not established himself as anything other than a decent role player who's play is very inconsistent from night to night.

Forget the potential.  Look at his performance.  He is an athletically average player at best.  He has no handle, cannot make anyone around him better, has a very inconsistent perimeter shot, has no mid-range game, cannot go left and lacks the mentality to take his game to the next level.  That's Green in a nutshell.

He is what he is.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Exactly Pete

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

agree as well Petey.  If they get something that's close to a wash with a pick in a trade for Green, I won't miss him.  I do feel that Sullinger however, should not be involved in any trade.  If he continues to progress, he's going to be the heart and soul of this team for the next few years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Green, Lee and Hump to Phoenix for Okafor (exp contract), Plumlee and Dragic.

Plumlee becomes our starting center. We try to keep Emeka if affordable or sign and trade. Dragic could be part of a future move or be our back up 1-2. Just like Crawford. Crawford may be lost to free agency next year.

Gerald Green and Jordan Crawford could be added to the trade!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Plumlee becomes our starting center. We try to keep Emeka if affordable or sign and trade. Dragic could be part of a future move or be our back up 1-2. Just like Crawford. Crawford may be lost to free agency next year.

[/QUOTE]

That's pretty lopsided in our favor, don't ya think?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's pretty lopsided in our favor, don't ya think?

[/QUOTE]

No. They don't have a player like Lee or Jeff or Hump. Hump is the expiring contract of Emeka only better because he's playing for a new contract whereas Emeka is useless.

Jeff, Lee and Hump are solid two way players. The players they currently have in their spots are poor defensive players.

Gerald Green and Dragic lesser defensive players than Lee and Green and Hump is more proven than Plumlee. Crawford has proven he can do anything Dragic can. 

Phoenix gets 4 rotation players and we get 3.