would you trade PP for TWO 2s?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Re: would you trade PP for TWO 2s?

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I would try to work out a trade with the Bulls for Jimmy Butler. The Bulls need a proven scorer and we need a young guy like Butler.

So an up and coming star for a guy who maybe has a year left in him?? There is NO way...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

I would try to work out a trade with the Bulls for Jimmy Butler. The Bulls need a proven scorer and we need a young guy like Butler.

So an up and coming star for a guy who maybe has a year left in him?? There is NO way...

I think Butler is, will be a good player, but an up and coming star, your idea of star and mine are two different things.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

all i can say..it's going to be a fun week...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

gonna be a great week. i will add this much...i'd probably give PP the right to be traded, bought out, or play out his final year in boston. he's earned that much IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

gonna be a great week. i will add this much...i'd probably give PP the right to be traded, bought out, or play out his final year in boston. he's earned that much IMO.

i really hope we trade him...it's for the best...we have to get somthing...and if we trade him he can still make his 15mil.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

you're probably right, but i have sentiment for PP that i don't necessarily have for doc or KG, just b/c he's been here since day one and went through some tough times and stayed strong.  but you're probably right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommyContrarianOnTwitter. Show CommyContrarianOnTwitter's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    +1.. plus he can till b AMNESTIED! no way he returns.. draft day deal to clips for a 2013 #1 and bledsoe and probably a 3-way with some bad contracts going out for a trade exception type deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

And if there is good chance for the Celtics to buy Pierce contract out.  Would it make more sense for someone who is way under the cap to trade anything for Pierce?

Pierce should be waived, not bought out. A buyout is different from being waived. If the Celts waive Pierce then the Celts save 10m in cap space.

Right now teams with the lowest salaries are the Suns and Kings. They have more or less 5m in cap space. Not enough to absorb Pierce's 16.79m without giving the Celtics a contract or contracts in return.

[/QUOTE]

I THOUGHT PIERCE'S CONTRACT WAS FOR $15.3M ?

NOW YOU SAY IT's $16.79M ?

EVERYWHERE I'VE READ SAYS IT'S $15.3M

[/QUOTE]

It is ... Fungus34 thinks the Cavs won't be far enough under the cap until after 7/1 to be able to take on Pierces 2013-14' contract at $16.8MM. What he doesn't know is that a team under the cap (Cavs @ $54MM) can take on more salary than they send back. So if the C's will accept the 2 2nd round 2013 picks they get back no salary to match Pierce's current $15.3MM contract and thus get a $15.3MM trade exception.

I would do that deal in a NY second and turn that $15MM Traded Player Exception into a core player via trade ...

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to PHX85014's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

And if there is good chance for the Celtics to buy Pierce contract out.  Would it make more sense for someone who is way under the cap to trade anything for Pierce?

Pierce should be waived, not bought out. A buyout is different from being waived. If the Celts waive Pierce then the Celts save 10m in cap space.

Right now teams with the lowest salaries are the Suns and Kings. They have more or less 5m in cap space. Not enough to absorb Pierce's 16.79m without giving the Celtics a contract or contracts in return.

[/QUOTE]

I THOUGHT PIERCE'S CONTRACT WAS FOR $15.3M ?

NOW YOU SAY IT's $16.79M ?

EVERYWHERE I'VE READ SAYS IT'S $15.3M

[/QUOTE]

It is ... Fungus34 thinks the Cavs won't be far enough under the cap until after 7/1 to be able to take on Pierces 2013-14' contract at $16.8MM. What he doesn't know is that a team under the cap (Cavs @ $54MM) can take on more salary than they send back. So if the C's will accept the 2 2nd round 2013 picks they get back no salary to match Pierce's current $15.3MM contract and thus get a $15.3MM trade exception.

I would do that deal in a NY second and turn that $15MM Traded Player Exception into a core player via trade ...

[/QUOTE]

LOL youre making Fungus look like a fool again.

Keep up the good work, you know how the system works and its a pleasure to read good information that can be relied upon.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

[QUOTE]

Keep up the good work, you know how the system works and its a pleasure to read good information that can be relied upon.

You sure you want to side with Mployee on this one?

Both you and Mployee also agreed that coaches can be traded. After Stern declared coaches can't be traded in the NBA, both you and the Mployee ran away and hid!

Seriously, if Mployee only used the ESPN Trade Machine, he would have known that Pierce to the Cavs is not possible if the Celts don't take back Varejao and Gee.

[/QUOTE]

Stern never said anything of the kind, you liar...

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

All you have to do is google it.

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/313847/sports/basketball/nba-rivers-can-t-be-traded-says-commissioner-stern

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

You sure you want to side with Mployee on this one?

Both you and Mployee also agreed that coaches can be traded. After Stern declared coaches can't be traded in the NBA, both you and the Mployee ran away and hid!

hmmm...I guess we'll all see as soon as the league rules on the Doc to Clippers deal(trade, transaction) won;t we.

I predict the league ALLOWS Doc to go to LA and the celtics to get that first roudn draft pick. But some here will still say "it wasn't a TRADE"

well OK!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Theres a distinction between a coach and his contract. Nowhere in your link or paste does Stern comment "Coaches cant be traded" ..Those are the words you put in Sterns mouth and you lied!

Try to be more accurate in the future.. its not all about twisting words and lying to appear like youre right.. you fungus

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

[QUOTE]

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/313847/sports/basketball/nba-rivers-can-t-be-traded-says-commissioner-stern

The problem with Karl is he'd rather look like an idiot and side with the wrong side than acknowledge what is right.

Both Mployee and Karl would never admit to being wrong. Even they're wrong, they will still claim they are right. 

Birds of a feather flock together.

[/QUOTE]

I just told him I didn't care about Rondo and Doc and to him that means that I like Rondo and Doc.

He seems to be having some issues processing things today.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

I thought they just traded him for a pick? 

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.