Wyc on WEEI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Wyc on WEEI

On PP & KG: "For the last two or three days before the deadline, their names came up more than anybody else. They were the topic of conversations of calls coming into us because people thought maybe we weren’t going to keep it together this spring."

On possible trades: "We tallked with a lot of teams but there just weren't any great deals out there to warrant making a move"

On the play-offs: "The assumption going into any February, as long as I’m around, is going to be: Make the team better for this year. Don’t blow it up in the middle of February if you’re in a playoff position. If we were 5-50 or whatever, we’d be pretty likely to do almost anything to make that better."

On Rondo:  "Just think of these last couple of games and what Rondo would have meant with his intensity, with his defense, with his creative offense and passing. … There’s a lot of great things that happened recently, but Rondo would have helped."

I'm starting to worry that maybe the C's are more focused on retiring numbers and play-off dollars and are losing perspective on the true value of their assets and what their team has become in the last few years. I hope this isn't the case but judging from what I'm hearing we could be in for many years of one and done play-off runs. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Wyc on WEEI

He raised Season Tickets accross the board. My guess is they make a bigger deal this summer

Yeah right...biggest balloon of money in his pocket!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Agreed...it takes time to transition..There are no KG's  out there just walking around.

Rondo and Green are prime examples of the growing pains to raise the level of play.

Last night, Green did NOT want to take THE shots. He consistantly deferred to PP and Kg.

In time, I think these two will be the go to players(along with AB@Sully).

I can remember Rondo totally botching some pressure shots. He is now at the level where Doc will draw up plays for him. I hope that this injury may humble him to be a better leader and team player. Other wise, he is gone.

I think we can agree that PP was not this type of player early in his career either.

We are now in postion to go after a couple of good players in the summer. I don't agree that it will take a decade to rebuild. A lot of the pieces are there already.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I believe Doc has to start publicly stating that we still have a Big 3 and it's KG, PP and Green. I think Green needs to hear that he's the man and not just a role player. When he senses he has to step up, he plays big. Doc should do what he did to Wilcox...start pushing Green to be the 3rd go-to-guy. Furthermore, PLEASE stop taking him out in crucial parts of the game to leave Bass in the game...ugh!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to wfdog's comment:

On PP & KG: "For the last two or three days before the deadline, their names came up more than anybody else. They were the topic of conversations of calls coming into us because people thought maybe we weren’t going to keep it together this spring."

On possible trades: "We tallked with a lot of teams but there just weren't any great deals out there to warrant making a move"

On the play-offs: "The assumption going into any February, as long as I’m around, is going to be: Make the team better for this year. Don’t blow it up in the middle of February if you’re in a playoff position. If we were 5-50 or whatever, we’d be pretty likely to do almost anything to make that better."

On Rondo:  "Just think of these last couple of games and what Rondo would have meant with his intensity, with his defense, with his creative offense and passing. … There’s a lot of great things that happened recently, but Rondo would have helped."

I'm starting to worry that maybe the C's are more focused on retiring numbers and play-off dollars and are losing perspective on the true value of their assets and what their team has become in the last few years. I hope this isn't the case but judging from what I'm hearing we could be in for many years of one and done play-off runs. 

Rondo and defensive intensity? you gotta be kidding. he was a huge defensive liability.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

+1

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

First Rivers turned the offense over to Rondo. That didn't work.

Then for a few games after Rondo left, the team ran the offense, and we won 7 in a row.

Now Rivers has turned the offense over to Pierce, and we are mediocre again.

Just run the damn offense, and let the guy with the open shot take it!

+1...totally agree..

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

On Rondo:  "Just think of these last couple of games and what Rondo would have meant with his intensity, with his defense, with his creative offense and passing. … There’s a lot of great things that happened recently, but Rondo would have helped.". 

Management certainly feels the need to hype/market/sell/reassure us RE: R9R continuously!

10-4 since he went down pretty well speaks for itself... or certainly should.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

First Rivers turned the offense over to Rondo. That didn't work.

Then for a few games after Rondo left, the team ran the offense, and we won 7 in a row.

Now Rivers has turned the offense over to Pierce, and we are mediocre again.

Just run the damn offense, and let the guy with the open shot take it!

LMAO!   +1  So true!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

On Rondo:  "Just think of these last couple of games and what Rondo would have meant with his intensity, with his defense, with his creative offense and passing. … There’s a lot of great things that happened recently, but Rondo would have helped.". 

Management certainly feels the need to hype/market/sell/reassure us RE: R9R continuously!

Pud

Agree, I just hope all this is just marketing to us or better yet, other teams and not delusions of grandeur by the C's FO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Pud

Agree, I just hope all this is just marketing to us or better yet, other teams and not delusions of grandeur by the C's FO.

It's got to be. Ainge isn't that stupid, is he?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Right now it's very clear that not giving James Posey that extra 1 year for 6m cost the Celts a championship.

Maybe two!!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Right now it's very clear that not giving James Posey that extra 1 year for 6m cost the Celts a championship.

Maybe two!!

Plausible.

It was only made worse after not signing Tony Allen?  Imagine Tony against Miami?  We would have won last year as well.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Pud

No it should. Have you got help yet?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Thanks Danny...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Agreed. I said it at the time too, this isn't hindsight. Penny pinching on the third year of a contract to James Posey (and you can say the same about Tony Allen) cost the Celtics at least one championship, possibly two. Those are Ainge's biggest mistakes more than any other. When you have a limited window to win, and you're only a role player or two short of solidifying your position as favorite, you don't let one extra year make the difference. Fans would have been more than satisfied with a worthless James Posey in Year 3 if it meant championships in Years 1 and 2.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You might be right.  He was one of my favorite Celtics players during our championship season and made some crucial plays during the playoffs. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

You might be right.  He was one of my favorite Celtics players during our championship season and made some crucial plays during the playoffs. 

should have got at least 2 rings from the big 3 era.possibly 3. too many erratic changes to the roster by an erratic and inexperienced GM. thanks a lot Dannyboy. one champoinship in the last 25 years doesn't cut it. the new Celtics organization is more about gererating revenue than winning championships. RIP Red. why don't we ever hear what the team owner's are thinking? come to think about it,who are the team owners? sorry to be so cynical.