Yiu Can't trade half the team and be the same team

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

Yiu Can't trade half the team and be the same team

its that simple the trade made us a different team  not necessarily a better one

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Yiu Can't trade half the team and be the same team

But we would have been short-handed otherwise.  It's not always someone's fault.  I think 7 of our players were already hurt when we made that trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

I blame no one in my post  in 08 we just picked up a couple .. last yr don't think we got anyone.  this yr we trade 1/2 the team so were a different team now thats all.   You need stars to be good but you need good role players to to go from good to great.  our role players are not getting it done right now

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

No player that was traded had a significant impact on the team up to the point in the season when they were traded.  No player that was traded was a significant contributor.

Nate, Semih and Marquis, had they not been traded, would not be playing because of injures but would TODAY still be taking up a roster spot.  The only loss was Perk and we were 41 - 14 up to that point so I don't buy the "trade effect".

Bottom line is this -- the starters played with so much more confidence and efficiency.  The starters and Baby have played like crap and so inconsistently since February that it's crazy.  And it's unthinkable how poorly Rondo's level of play has declined.

We had NO BENCH before the Feb 24 deadline and, had we not made a trade, would not have had a bench after it so the issue is not a result of the trade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

In Response to Re: Yiu Can't trade half the team and be the same team:
    [QUOTE]No player that was traded had a significant impact on the team up to the point in the season when they were traded.  No player that was traded was a significant contributor. Nate, Semih and Marquis, had they not been traded, would not be playing because of injures but would TODAY still be taking up a roster spot.  The only loss was Perk and we were 41 - 14 up to that point so I don't buy the "trade effect". Bottom line is this -- the starters played with so much more confidence and efficiency.  The starters and Baby have played like crap and so inconsistently since February that it's crazy.  And it's unthinkable how poorly Rondo's level of play has declined. We had NO BENCH before the Feb 24 deadline and, had we not made a trade, would not have had a bench after it so the issue is not a result of the trade.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Wrong the bench we had played their role..  that wins when role players stay in their role.  don't overlook that  we had a prety good record with that bench

the bench we have now is not filling there role ..   1st team starts out great bench loses the lead or falls behind putting to much pressure back on the starters

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

DBCoach, I disagree.  We had a pretty good record "in spite of" the bench.  The only member of the bench who provided consistent contributions was Baby.  At one point, he was being included in talk about best sixth man.  It was obvious that Nate and the rook were no backup to Rondo.  We also soon realized that an inconsistent Marquis really was not a viable backup to either Ray or Pierce.  Semih never could stay active and Luke was, Luke.

Delonte was out as was a backup big.  We had a pretty good record because our starters played out of their minds and Rondo was playing like an elite PG.

I agree that integrating the new guys have been a challenge but, with the core players intact, the Celtics should not have slipped this badly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

can we trade Rondo for Westbrook.  He is no joke.  I am watching the Thunder Laker game right now and this guy is amazing for a PG unlike Rondo.  Perk is doing a greta job too.  Thunder look good right now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBCoach. Show DBCoach's posts

True but again that was his role to be the scorer off the bench. Danials chipped in every so often and nate got his every so often but thay played tougher D again in their role. which was  to keep the game close give startes rest. Rememebr Shaq and JO was brought here to plug the hole till Perk got back. Then it was to be them 3 by comittee to give us size. we could of found a PG and F to fill in like 08.  Now Baby has no defined role as he is a starter some games and comming off the  bench others. now he shooting to much takin shots from Allen. it looks like Green is unsure as well as he does not seem to play with confidence especially on O when in the game. With no Perk or Shaq there is no one filling the role of Defensive stopper intimidator in the middle. that was our idenity