You Are in Trouble If You Erroneously Believe that Shaq is your Savior

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

You Are in Trouble If You Erroneously Believe that Shaq is your Savior

Can Boston still compete? Yes they can. Can they beat elite teams, certainly? Are they in the mix to win it all? Obviously!

But is Shaq the savior to turn everything around? No! The Daddy is too old and was never willing to play defense throughout his entire career. He may want to change his stripes but that train has gone and left the station years ago.

If the Celts win it this year, i won't be because of Shaq. It will be because of the players on the floor, especially how quickly the new ones can get acclimated to Boston's system. 

There is still plenty of b-ball left to be played. But at this point of the season younger players are able to put it into a 2nd gear and older ones just don' have that energy. This is where length and height neutralize the opponents young legs. No matter how much you hated Perkins, he brought a lot more intangibles to the table then people give him credit for. He was indeed the anchor of your defense.

I don't predict oucomes. No one should that knows the history of this game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: You Are in Trouble If You Erroneously Believe that Shaq is your Savior

Jesus is my Savior.

Shaq is just a guy who can help my favorite basketball team in the playoffs!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to You Are in Trouble If You Erroneously Believe that Shaq is your Savior:
    [QUOTE]Can Boston still compete? Yes they can. Can they beat elite teams, certainly? Are they in the mix to win it all? Obviously! But is Shaq the savior to turn everything around? No! The Daddy is too old and was never willing to play defense throughout his entire career. He may want to change his stripes but that train has gone and left the station years ago. If the Celts win it this year, i won't be because of Shaq. It will be because of the players on the floor, especially how quickly the new ones can get acclimated to Boston's system.  There is still plenty of b-ball left to be played. But at this point of the season younger players are able to put it into a 2nd gear and older ones just don' have that energy. This is where length and height neutralize the opponents young legs. No matter how much you hated Perkins, he brought a lot more intangibles to the table then people give him credit for. He was indeed the anchor of your defense. I don't predict oucomes. No one should that knows the history of this game.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

A lot of posters undervalued Perks defense and what he meant to the team. Hope i am wrong but I am afraid we are going to find out.  A lot of bigs from other teams are putting up big numbers on us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Shaq may not be someone we can count on.  Unfortunately this could be right.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

The reason shaq still has value at 39, is his size. Size is so valuable it allows 39 year olds to still collect nba checks.
    I also beleive perk is going to be missed in the playoffs. He was also the only true intimidator on the team.
    The thing da had to realize is a center is like a quarterback even the worse ones get paid well.  Is perk an 8 mil a year player? NO. But is that how much the going rate is for a center of his size,age,skill? Yes. 
    If we dont get shaq and jo back for the playoffs, are chances are very slim to come out of the very tough east. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to You Are in Trouble If You Erroneously Believe that Shaq is your Savior:
    [QUOTE]Can Boston still compete? Yes they can. Can they beat elite teams, certainly? Are they in the mix to win it all? Obviously! But is Shaq the savior to turn everything around? No! The Daddy is too old and was never willing to play defense throughout his entire career. He may want to change his stripes but that train has gone and left the station years ago. If the Celts win it this year, i won't be because of Shaq. It will be because of the players on the floor, especially how quickly the new ones can get acclimated to Boston's system.  There is still plenty of b-ball left to be played. But at this point of the season younger players are able to put it into a 2nd gear and older ones just don' have that energy. This is where length and height neutralize the opponents young legs. No matter how much you hated Perkins, he brought a lot more intangibles to the table then people give him credit for. He was indeed the anchor of your defense. I don't predict oucomes. No one should that knows the history of this game.

Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

The Cs had the best defense in the league for the first half of the season.

Shaq is the key - he immediately gets the other team's center in foul trouble and the offense runs very smoothly with him in the game.

As I said yesterday and it appears that you agree, if Shaq is healthy all the other pieces fall into place, if he is not healthy they can start practicing their golf swing.

I think without Shaq they can get by any of the 5 through 8 seeds but without Shaq I don't see how they get out of the second round and certainly don't represent the east in the finals.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    First and foremost Celtics are a Team, not a collection of star players a la LAL, Heat, etc. And Shaq is a part of that Team. Is he an important part? Yes, he is. And he will show it in playoffs.

AK

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: You Are in Trouble If You Erroneously Believe that Shaq is your Savior:
    [QUOTE]Hi, First and foremost Celtics are a Team, not a collection of star players a la LAL, Heat, etc. And Shaq is a part of that Team. Is he an important part? Yes, he is. And he will show it in playoffs. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

I believe the Celtics sent more players to the all-star game than the Heat and Lakers combined.  Stop the Boston-team-blue-collar-all-for-one-one-for-all c rap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

In Response to Re: You Are in Trouble If You Erroneously Believe that Shaq is your Savior:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Are in Trouble If You Erroneously Believe that Shaq is your Savior : I believe the Celtics sent more players to the all-star game than the Heat and Lakers combined.  Stop the Boston-team-blue-collar-all-for-one-one-for-all c rap.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

First, I believe that 5 [LJ, DW, CB, KB, PG) is more than 4 (KG, PP, RA, RR).
    Second, participation in the All-Star game doesn't change a team's philosophy and culture that much.
    Third, "All for one, one for all" is a Cle Cavs thing, not Boston Celtics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Are in Trouble If You Erroneously Believe that Shaq is your Savior : First, I believe that 5 [LJ, DW, CB, KB, PG) is more than 4 (KG, PP, RA, RR). Second, participation in the All-Star game doesn't change a team's philosophy and culture that much. Third, "All for one, one for all" is a Cle Cavs thing, not Boston Celtics.
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

Wow you can count... that is good.... but it is not valid to say the Cs are a team not a bunch of stars blah blah blah when it is simply an completely invalid statement and it expect it to stick... keep in mind you are not talking to a bunch of idiots - well some......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Sure Shaq is old. But even at 39 years old he can still take out Andrew Bynum. Just like what Kevin McHale did to Kurt Rambis in 1984.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Sure Shaq is old. But even at 39 years old he can still take out Andrew Bynum. Just like what Kevin McHale did to Kurt Rambis in 1984.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Someone has finally hit on the key to the finals, assuming they both get there.  Which center gets the other into foul trouble sooner and how badly?  If Shaq forces the Lakers to sit Bynum, the Cs have a chance.  If Bynum forces Shaq to sit, the Cs have no chance.  I'll put my money on the 23 year old - Shaq was probably already a father when Bynum was born (not that he would know about it).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

As most Laker fans that mistakenly worship at the alter of Kome Bryant, they believe that heros win games.

The fact is that teams win games, and the Celtics have not been healthy.
    Even so, their record is better than the Lakers. It is a real shame that LA fans do not realize that the Laker front line is usually able to compensate for Kome when he puts up 40 point with 20% to 35% shooting. Without the Laker front line, Kobe and the Lakers would be a footnote in this decades basketball history.

The Celtics need Shaq... and Davis, and JO, and West, and Green, and Krstic, and Rondo, and Ray, and Paul, and Kevin.

To paraphrase a famous saying, remember... there is no Kome in the word team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]As most Laker fans that mistakenly worship at the alter of Kome Bryant, they believe that heros win games. The fact is that teams win games, and the Celtics have not been healthy. Even so, their record is better than the Lakers. It is a real shame that LA fans do not realize that the Laker front line is usually able to compensate for Kome when he puts up 40 point with 20% to 35% shooting. Without the Laker front line, Kobe and the Lakers would be a footnote in this decades basketball history. The Celtics need Shaq... and Davis, and JO, and West, and Green, and Krstic, and Rondo, and Ray, and Paul, and Kevin. To paraphrase a famous saying, remember... there is no Kome in the word team.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]
    Maybe the western conference is better and that is where most of the Lakers schedule is played.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EliasB. Show EliasB's posts

[QUOTE]Sure Shaq is old. But even at 39 years old he can still take out Andrew Bynum. Just like what Kevin McHale did to Kurt Rambis in 1984.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You have no idea what you're talking about do you?

Rambis was no Andrew Bynum - he was a beloved hardnosed career bench player with a 5 point career average. Andrew Bynum is one of the top 5 centers in the NBA. And why compare Shaq to Kevin McHale? McHale was 27 when he played Rambis and the Lakers in the '84 finals.

Bottom line is that Shaq is not just old, he's REAL old (the oldest player in the NBA as a matter of fact). In the playoffs, he might contribute some but no where near as much as you guys are predicting. I believe his age will become very apparent the farther the C's get in the playoffs .

Cool

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Are in Trouble If You Erroneously Believe that Shaq is your Savior : You have no idea what you're talking about do you? Rambis was no Andrew Bynum - he was a beloved hardnosed career bench player with a 5 point career average. Andrew Bynum is one of the top 5 centers in the NBA. And why compare Shaq to Kevin McHale? McHale was 27 when he played Rambis and the Lakers in the '84 finals. Bottom line is that Shaq is not just old, he's REAL old (the oldest player in the NBA as a matter of fact). In the playoffs, he might contribute some but no where near as much as you guys are predicting. I believe his age will become very apparent the farther the C's get in the playoffs .
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Exactly, my golf instructor told me just put a good swing on it and don't wait worry about the results...  so when the Cs are bounced in the second round they can have good swing thoughts and their games will improve dramatically... what do you think it costs to get custom clubs with those shaft lengths?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: You Are in Trouble If You Erroneously Believe that Shaq is your Savior : You have no idea what you're talking about do you? Rambis was no Andrew Bynum - he was a beloved hardnosed career bench player with a 5 point career average. Andrew Bynum is one of the top 5 centers in the NBA. And why compare Shaq to Kevin McHale? McHale was 27 when he played Rambis and the Lakers in the '84 finals. Bottom line is that Shaq is not just old, he's REAL old (the oldest player in the NBA as a matter of fact). In the playoffs, he might contribute some but no where near as much as you guys are predicting. I believe his age will become very apparent the farther the C's get in the playoffs .
    Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

While it is true that Kurt Rambis is no Andrew Bynum, the clothesline will still be the same. If not then Shaq could always take out Bynum's knees.Cool 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Posted by EliasB[/QUOTE]

Apparently you were too young to even remember 1984. Or maybe you were not even born yet in 1984. McHale's clothesline on Rambis had nothing to do with age or ability. It was simply a WWE move that almost separated Rambis' head from his neck. So all your crap about top 5 Centers in the NBA doesn't mean a thing if Bynum will have his head dislodged from his body.Cool

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Here's that play, for a trip down memory lane.  Didn't see it myself because I was 10 back then and it was past my bedtime to watch entire games played in LA!  For the record, though, I don't think Shaq will need to go there.  Celtics are strategically resting him so he can be his vintage self when it matters most!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7r6vXeOfyQ

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

[QUOTE]Here's that play, for a trip down memory lane.  Didn't see it myself because I was 10 back then and it was past my bedtime to watch entire games played in LA!  For the record, though, I don't think Shaq will need to go there.  Celtics are strategically resting him so he can be his vintage self when it matters most! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7r6vXeOfyQ
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

I hope he is but I would say I am not sure at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

A couple of wins and the tune and atmosphere will quickly change. But Shaq is not the answer. Others in Boston need to right the ship and I believe that they will.

Last year Cleveland was steamrolling over everyone. And when the playoffs rolled around, things quickly changed. In the West of 2010, the Lakers entered the playoffs playing badly for the last 10 games or so of the regular season. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

The Laker season will not be complete without an Andrew Bynum injury.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

SHAQ will exceed all expectations and lead the Celtics to another Championship
    Wouldn't surprise me at all if he is MVP of at least one playoff series

Lakers should have signed him
    Orlando should have signed him
    Miami should have signed him

They will all pay for underestimating SHAQ

SHAQ will lead the Celtics to #18

Mark it down

Add Shaq & Delonte to the rotation and the Celtics are unbeatable

I'm TIRED of the all the NEGATIVITY from the Fellowship Of The Miserable.
    Shut your pie holes or go fill your face with a Fenway Frank !

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

we played our best basketball of the season when shaq was healthy.

when shaq was on the floor, we scored 111 points per 100 possessions, 3rd on the team behind only pierce and allen.
    when shaq was on the floor, we conceded 98 points per 100 possessions, 2nd on the team behind garnett.