YOU R REALLY LOOKING FOR DUDDER?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

Re: YOU R REALLY LOOKING FOR DUDDER?

Comparing the stat sheet is useful if you watched the game. Rose is a gunner who got bailed out by the refs last night. On a normal shooting night Rondo would have had a half dozen more assists and the Celtics would have won.

Rondo had 4 steals and no turnovers. Rose had two assists and 4 turnovers. And no steals.

Yes if Rose played on my team I would love to see him shoot but in reality he is like Iverson...fun to watch but not a team basketball player. And thus he won't win. And I'm glad we have Rondo instead of Rose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to YOU R REALLY LOOKING FOR DUDDER?:
    [QUOTE]I LIKE RONDO, DUDDER THINKS WHEN RONDO AGAINTS A REAL LEGIT GUARD LIKE ROSE, RONDO HAS NO MATCH. i don't think it's a good idea to taunt the DUDE.    Min FGM-FGM   FTM-FTA    3PM-3PA +/-  OR  REB A BLK STL TO PF  PTS ROSE 38:58  10-19 15-19     1-3         +9    1     5    2    0   0    4   0    36 RONDO 37:25  6-14 1-2        01          -1     1    5    8    0   5    0   5    13 Numbers will not lie but Rondo is much better in teamwork concept than Rose numbers. Since you guys taunted Dude the whole week, he's free to plug his opinion...just being fair with him.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Che...Dudder has no clue and neither do you if you think you would rather have Rose than Rondo.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Nope, I'm for Team concept, still like Rondo than numbers.

Just giving Dudder his chance to rebuke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]I LIKE RONDO, DUDDER THINKS WHEN RONDO AGAINTS A REAL LEGIT GUARD LIKE ROSE, RONDO HAS NO MATCH. i don't think it's a good idea to taunt the DUDE.    Min FGM-FGM   FTM-FTA    3PM-3PA +/-  OR  REB A BLK STL TO PF  PTS ROSE 38:58  10-19 15-19     1-3         +9    1     5    2    0   0    4   0    36 RONDO 37:25  6-14 1-2        01          -1     1    5    8    0   5    0   5    13 Numbers will not lie but Rondo is much better in teamwork concept than Rose numbers. Since you guys taunted Dude the whole week, he's free to plug his opinion...just being fair with him.

Rondo is much better in teamwork concept....

Really?  Really?

Try giving Rose Rondo's teammates then we would see what a really great team looks like.  Put Rondo in Chicago with a bunch of nobody's and we would find out what Rondo really is... a guy whose defense is overrated and the worst shooter in the league who happens to have a bunch of really great players surrounding him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: YOU R REALLY LOOKING FOR DUDDER?:
    [QUOTE]Everybody misses Dudder's point. Without the Hall of Famer supporting cast (Pierce, KG, Ray-Ray, and Shaq), Rondo's assist numbers would be much worse. We'll see in a few years when they are gone. Without a consistent jump shot (not to mention free throw shooting), then what will he have? The knock on Rose is that he usually avoids contact after getting by his man and into the lane. Last night he took the contact from the Celtics bigs and, justifiably, shot free throws. He wasn't bailed out. Rose is not an Allen Iverson. He is a much more efficient scorer. He does need to get to the line consistenly to become even more efficient. Last night was a step in the right direction. I have no friends in Chicago who would rather have Rondo than Rose. Rondo may be the right fit for the Celtics as currently constructed, but switch the two and the Celtics would still be all right, and the Bulls would not be as good. That is Dudder's point.
    Posted by ControllerMod[/QUOTE]

Rose and about a dozen others and the Cs would be no worse off and in a lot of cases a lot better.

People love to say how Rondo and Perk are perfect for this team as if having players with gaping holes in their games as opposed to better all around more complete players is somehow a bad thing.

Perk is great for this team well unless you could have either Lopez, either Gasol, Kaman, DeAndre Jordan, Tyson Chandler, Noah, Howard, and probably several others that are not at the tip of my tongue right now.  Posters went on and on about how the Cs could not survive without Perk, etc. and so what did Danny do?  He went out and got two (count em two) centers that are better than Perk when healthy.

Rondo is great for this team well unless you could have Rose, Westbrook, Parker, Nash, Kidd, Paul, D Williams, and so on.  Give Devin Harris or Jameer Nelson or Arenas 4 hall of famers and see how many assists they would average and obtw they can shoot, finish, get to the line and make them, etc.  People love to say how it is Rondo's team and he is the one they can least afford to lose for any extended period of time - their winning percentage is better without him.

I posit that the Cs are no worse off with Delonte West as the point guard.  The amount by which Rondo and Perk benefit from who their teammates cannot be overstated.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

DUDDER is wrong

Maybe 4-5 PG's in the league would make us a better team

but at least he has dropped his number to 12 down from 20-25 he said 1-2 years ago

of course he still ignorant and a racist, but I'll takre the little battles won against this negative hateful 'fan'

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]DUDDER is wrong Maybe 4-5 PG's in the league would make us a better team but at least he has dropped his number to 12 down from 20-25 he said 1-2 years ago of course he still ignorant and a racist, but I'll takre the little battles won against this negative hateful 'fan'
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

1 to 2 years ago BBD was about the 50th best powerforward in the league but he has improved.  Funny how time and experience does that to people.

This is the same for Rondo.  He has improved and therefore, he is no longer in the bottom third of point guards in the league.

And of course you and many others pick up on a part of a sentence and then misquote it (probably from being ignorant)......

What I have said over and over and over again is that there are at least dozen other point guards that could be exchanged for Rondo and they would BE NO WORSE OFF and in many cases better.

For example, one may not consider Devin Harris a great player (though he has played in as many all-star games as Rondo) but he is bigger, faster, stronger and oh um he can shoot from the floor, from 3, and from the line.

Now of course he does not have 4 hall of fame starters playing along side him but in my humble opinion the Cs are no worse off with him than with Rondo.  And Harris is just one example, there are many others.  You may give up a few things Rondo does well but you gain a lot of things that Rondo can't do well at all.

Talk about ignorant and I will gladly accept your apology re. calling me a racist.  There is not a racist cell in my entire body.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Why do you guys invite this troll in here? Dudder is better on ignore, like all trolls. He's not a fan. He's here with an axe to grind. He is more interesting in proving a point than rooting for his team. It's comical because we'll know the answer to how good Rondo is in the next few years. But Dudder isn't willing to wait. You guys shouldn't listen to him. Nevermind that Rondo consistenly outplays Rose head to head (with the exception of last night). Don't try to argue with the dud. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Without the Hall of Famer supporting cast (Pierce, KG, Ray-Ray, and Shaq), Rondo's assist numbers would be much worse." His numbers wouldn't be as good but did you see what happened when Nate Robinson took his place? The point guard's assist totals went down by 2/3 with the exact same cast of players.

"We'll see in a few years when they are gone." Yes we will. Which does beg the point why get into it now? It's disappointing you would support someone whose sole point in this forum is to bash one player. That person is a troll and not a fan. Try engaging with fans of the team about a range of topics and watch how the dud (when he is here) will always bring it back to Rondo. I hope you're not the same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    Rose was great last night and there is no doubt he is a tremendous player.  Rondo on the end of a back to  back got nothing from his teammates. They were asleep on defense and allowed Rose to to do what he wanted. The refs absolutely after two straight losses gave the Bulls the home town advantage.  With the present health of the Celtics that is a pretty tall order.
    What you need to be mindful of is in the three games with the Bulls, Rondo has outplayed Rose in two of the games. Rondo two - Rose one.  Like Russell against Chamberlain sometimes the individual talent wins out.  I 'll bet you when we are healthy and the games means something the advantage will be in Rondo's favor again and again.

Another thing the Bulls have spent a ton of money improving their roster and to suggest the Celtics have four hall of famers needs to be adjusted to four hall of famers at the end of their careers. Rondo is helping them and much as getting help from them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to YOU R REALLY LOOKING FOR DUDDER? : Rondo is much better in teamwork concept.... Really?  Really? Try giving Rose Rondo's teammates then we would see what a really great team looks like.  Put Rondo in Chicago with a bunch of nobody's and we would find out what Rondo really is... a guy whose defense is overrated and the worst shooter in the league who happens to have a bunch of really great players surrounding him.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Thanks for saving us the essay.  I wouldn't take Rose on our team in place of Rondo.  Rose may be better for the Bulls but he isn't better for the C's

BTW he is a ball hog that is concerned about scoring. PG's are suppose to get team mates involved.  Notice his assists last night.  Enough said.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

If you think Dudder intimidates people you are crazy as he is. I have seen his drivel for years, mostly a bunch of crap.  Yes he know some basketball so he is actually hard to understand because he has this hate for the Celtics players. Every year then tries to come across as a Celtic fan. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I believe Rondo and Rose are about neck and neck at this point. Rose had a tremendous game. He got the calls, he deserved the calls, he was taking it to the rack on almost every play. His aggressiveness won the game for the Bulls, along with their physical defensive play. The Bulls disrupted most of the C's screens.

Mr. Dud. I respect your opinions. To me the real racisim is the attempted stifeling of your freedom of speech. You have individuals playing the race card on statements that do not warrant it. This is called Political Correctness run amok. Some of these people would indeed even try to ban your freedom to make your statements. I pray it does not come to that.

Having written this I will never make a political statement on this site again. However, I felt my opinion to be relevant to some of the comments that have been raised against you. Whether I agree with your statements or not is not relevant, only defending you right to make them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YOU R REALLY LOOKING FOR DUDDER? : Rose and about a dozen others and the Cs would be no worse off and in a lot of cases a lot better. People love to say how Rondo and Perk are perfect for this team as if having players with gaping holes in their games as opposed to better all around more complete players is somehow a bad thing. Perk is great for this team well unless you could have either Lopez, either Gasol, Kaman, DeAndre Jordan, Tyson Chandler, Noah, Howard, and probably several others that are not at the tip of my tongue right now.  Posters went on and on about how the Cs could not survive without Perk, etc. and so what did Danny do?  He went out and got two (count em two) centers that are better than Perk when healthy. Rondo is great for this team well unless you could have Rose, Westbrook, Parker, Nash, Kidd, Paul, D Williams, and so on.  Give Devin Harris or Jameer Nelson or Arenas 4 hall of famers and see how many assists they would average and obtw they can shoot, finish, get to the line and make them, etc.  People love to say how it is Rondo's team and he is the one they can least afford to lose for any extended period of time - their winning percentage is better without him. I posit that the Cs are no worse off with Delonte West as the point guard.  The amount by which Rondo and Perk benefit from who their teammates cannot be overstated.

Cut and Paster BS again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]I believe Rondo and Rose are about neck and neck at this point. Rose had a tremendous game. He got the calls, he deserved the calls, he was taking it to the rack on almost every play. His aggressiveness won the game for the Bulls, along with their physical defensive play. The Bulls disrupted most of the C's screens. Mr. Dud. I respect your opinions. To me the real racisim is the attempted stifeling of your freedom of speech. You have individuals playing the race card on statements that do not warrant it. This is called Political Correctness run amok. Some of these people would indeed even try to ban your freedom to make your statements. I pray it does not come to that. Having written this I will never make a political statement on this site again. However, I felt my opinion to be relevant to some of the comments that have been raised against you. Whether I agree with your statements or not is not relevant, only defending you right to make them.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

Maybe you missed Dudder's racist comments on Perkins the other day.  I believe it was deleted.  Oh don't let the dudder fool you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]" Without the Hall of Famer supporting cast (Pierce, KG, Ray-Ray, and Shaq), Rondo's assist numbers would be much worse." His numbers wouldn't be as good but did you see what happened when Nate Robinson took his place? The point guard's assist totals went down by 2/3 with the exact same cast of players. "We'll see in a few years when they are gone." Yes we will. Which does beg the point why get into it now? It's disappointing you would support someone whose sole point in this forum is to bash one player. That person is a troll and not a fan. Try engaging with fans of the team about a range of topics and watch how the dud (when he is here) will always bring it back to Rondo. I hope you're not the same.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

The Cs have a better winning percentage without Rondo (when you exclude the games KG has missed).

The point guards assists are non-existent in Miami but they have won 19 of their last 20 and Pierce had two games with more than 10 assists while Rondo was out and was named player of the week.

My sole reason for posting on this forum is not to bash Rondo.  I was posting here before Rondo was drafted.

What I do try to do is try to provide an objective perspective so that most idiots can at least attempt to understand that the Cs are actually playing other teams with good players who are not the Washington Generals.

I have a 75 year old stepfather who calls himself a fan of basketball but cannot name any player in the league not wearing green.   Last night I told him we will be watching the league MVP tonight - his response?  Rondo?.......  I had to change my depends again.

The degree to which Rondo can be overrated is not even measurable.

A lot of life is timing, being in the right place at the right time.  In professional sports nobody brings that to light more than Rondo.  None of the league's actual contenders has a more dysfunctional offense than the Cs. 

Call me an idiot, say I don't know what I am talking about, say that I have some sort of issue with Rondo, etc.....

but....

While Rondo was out Cedric Maxwell said and I am paraphrasing.... no offense to Rondo but they move the ball a lot better when Rondo is not involved.

After losing in the finals Doc said and again I am paraphrasing Rondo's inability to shoot really cost them in the playoffs.

Coach K said we cannot afford to have guys who can't shoot on the floor.

The Celtics have a point guard who is unquestionably a good rebounder, a great passer, and a good defender.....

but to me he is like someone who has a defect in one of their senses.... often times you may hear that a blind person has acute hearing, etc......

Rondo creates an automatic double team....  does it make sense to you when the other team's coach is planning how not to guard your point guard? does it make sense that your point guard cannot be on the floor in a tight game? does it make sense that your point guard is an offensive substitution in tight games?

Rondo has made 16 fouls shots this year, the good ones make 4 or 5 per game - not take, make....  Rondo can't finish, makes jumpers only when completely uncontested, can't make foul shots, and so on..... if you are Johnson and Johnson aren't you trying to figure out how to make not guarding Rondo into a deodorant commercial?   Rondo - "Hey coach - nobody is within 15 feet of me, I am left wide open all the time, it has me self-conscious about my shooting ability"... Doc - "well Rajon maybe you should try my Mitchum - so strong you can skip a day"......

Assists go to the person to last to touch the ball prior to the scorer scoring the basket.....

This means that Rondo pounds the ball into the floor, causing an unusual number of 3 second violations, waiting for someone to get open - because he simply is not an option in the offense.  Once he is done pounding the ball into the floor, he hopefully finds someone open, then he runs into the corner and hides hoping the ball never comes back to him - yet oddly once he lets go of the ball he starts calling for it and though HE IS OPEN HIS OWN TEAMMATES ROUTINELY IGNORE HIM CALLING FOR THE BALL BECAUSE THEY THEN KNOW THAT A REBOUND IS COMING AND THEY DON'T WANT TO APPEAR TO BE LAUGHING AT A TEAMMATE WHILE IN THE FLOW OF THE OFFENSE.

This causes his teammates to take less than optimal shots against the shot clock or to continue to pass the ball while playing offense 3 against 5.

Only the green-glasses fans and the unprepared-stats-studying-national-guys think the way you and the others here.

Recently on a nationally televised game one of the announcers said Rondo needs to learn to move better without the ball because he could in position to make wide open jumpers - the other announcer responded - he is open for a reason.......

None of us will know what it is like for Rondo to play with a crappy team until he does and none of us will know will know how good this team can be without Rondo ..... except for the fact that they have a better winning percentage when he is out this year (excluding games where KG is also out).  One of the losses was against Toronto by 1 point.

They are no worse off with Delonte West as the point guard and I would be willing to bet that you could not find one Celtic player who would not say as much.

Fortunately for the Cs they have paid for what they get and are not paying Rondo a max contract.

I saw a poll on foxsports yesterday - pick a point guard - of the 5 listed to choose from - Rondo was not one of them.....

There was also an article on Fox today about whether Rondo should be considered "great" or not and it addresses several of the issues that I have outlined here.... none of these issues are new but to most posters here and Cs fans what other people think is nonsence.... even though it is more objective and realistic.

The complete inability of people to look at things objectively still amazes me to this day.

Here are some of the issues / things that I remember on this site:

Al Jefferson is a perennial all-star..... I remember saying that there are Jeffersons drafted every year blah blah blah..... Jefferson has never made an all-star game and has never been on a team in the playoffs for that matter but will this year because he has the best point guard in the league.

Delonte West will be one of the premier point guards in the league.....  never made an all-star team, bit player on a couple of good teams..... 

Perk - borderline all-star center blah blah... since he has beend drafted there have been at least a dozen other centers that are better and or play with a lot less talent.  After 8 years he is still a turnover waiting to happen, stone hands, bad footwork, terrible foul shooter, and most thought that had the Cs had him for game 7 the Cs would have won the title this past year - if Bynum had been healthy there would have been no game 6 or game 7.

Gerald Green was going to be the next Kobe / Tmac.

Bill Walker is Clyde the Glide....

Orien Greene was Magic....

and now somehow Harangody is going to be Pierce's replacement....

That whole reality thing apparently really stinks for most..... but it is so good to be a dreamer!!!!

I know it is difficult for many to actually observe what is going on in the league and at least make some sort of reasonable attempt at being objective but that is what I do......

I am sure there are some of you out there that somehow think Perk is better than Noah or Hibbert and there are of course some of you think that somehow because Jefferson played in green he is better than Blake Griffin... but the dream is over and it is time to wake up.....

The Cs are no worse off with at least a dozen other point guards than one Rajon Rondo..........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder, 
    IF you read this BB you will see most on it know Hibbert and Noah are better than Perkins.  The idea that posters are that unrealistic points to maybe you being out of touch with what is being said here.  If you were objective and saw the Celtics play with Nate before Rondo came back it is unimaginable that Maxwell would have said they were moving the ball better without Rondo. It is impossible because the ball movement was stagnant, nobody could get good looks and the team was flatlining.

You like Pud can stay on your high horses of critical counterintuitive comments but to backtrack and say ball movement was better when Rondo was out is insane and incorrect. Unless you are counting the Nets game where the Nets laid down and got mauled by a hot Celtic team.  The last week of the two weeks Rondo was out the Celts were DOA on offense.

Still your love of being contrary is like Bush loyalists taking the facts and bending them to defend the wisdom of the Iraq war.  An impossible job.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Dudder,  IF you read this BB you will see most on it know Hibbert and Noah are better than Perkins.  The idea that posters are that unrealistic points to maybe you being out of touch with what is being said here.  If you were objective and saw the Celtics play with Nate before Rondo came back it is unimaginable that Maxwell would have said they were moving the ball better without Rondo. It is impossible because the ball movement was stagnant, nobody could get good looks and the team was flatlining. You like Pud can stay on your high horses of critical counterintuitive comments but to backtrack and say ball movement was better when Rondo was out is insane and incorrect. Unless you are counting the Nets game where the Nets laid down and got mauled by a hot Celtic team.  The last week of the two weeks Rondo was out the Celts were DOA on offense. Still your love of being contrary is like Bush loyalists taking the facts and bending them to defend the wisdom of the Iraq war.  An impossible job.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Um... the Cs have a better record without Rondo while KG is out..... as I have said a million times, there are at least a dozen point guards that if exchanged for Rondo are better or no worse off.....

where are the Perk is a borderline all-star posters?  The number of times where people need to come back to me and say they were wrong far far far outnumbers the times where I need to say I was wrong.

Give me Tyreke Evans, Udrih, Baron Davis, Devin Harris, Jameer Nelson, Kidd, Nash, Paul, D Williams, Rose, Arron Brooks, Jennings, Steph Curry, Jonny Flynn, John Wall, Westbrook, Ellis, Parker, Conley, Stuckey, Augustin, Harris, and Andre Miller and they are no worse off......... and please correct me if I have left some off the list....... none of these players play with first ballot unanimous hall of famers.....  however, many of these players have over the years made many of their teammates better players - Rondo has not.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YOU R REALLY LOOKING FOR DUDDER? : The Cs have a better winning percentage without Rondo (when you exclude the games KG has missed). [/QUOTE]

So what you sample size is too small. It is meaningless data. 

[QUOTE]

A lot of life is timing, being in the right place at the right time.  In professional sports nobody brings that to light more than Rondo.  None of the league's actual contenders has a more dysfunctional offense than the Cs.  [/QUOTE]

Yeah, shooting over 50% for the season. better have a fire sale. 

[QUOTE]
    Call me an idiot, say I don't know what I am talking about, say that I have some sort of issue with Rondo, etc..... but.... While Rondo was out Cedric Maxwell said and I am paraphrasing.... no offense to Rondo but they move the ball a lot better when Rondo is not involved. [/QUOTE]

And Charles Barkley said Rondo was the engine that makes the Celtics works and Rondo is an MVP candidate.  

[QUOTE] After losing in the finals Doc said and again I am paraphrasing Rondo's inability to shoot really cost them in the playoffs. Coach K said we cannot afford to have guys who can't shoot on the floor. The Celtics have a point guard who is unquestionably a good rebounder, a great passer, and a good defender.....
    [/QUOTE]

So you are saying he stinks because he has only master 3 of the 4 main areas of the game. That makes sense. Hey The Suns have point guard, who is a great passer, a great shooter a poor rebounder and a poor defender. Maybe they should cut the guy. Let some joker off the street, play instead. 

[QUOTE] does it make sense to you when the other team's coach is planning how not to guard your point guard? does it make sense that your point guard cannot be on the floor in a tight game? does it make sense that your point guard is an offensive substitution in tight games? Rondo has made 16 fouls shots this year, the good ones make 4 or 5 per game - not take, make....  Rondo can't finish, makes jumpers only when completely uncontested, can't make foul shots, and so on.....[/QUOTE]

Coaches plan how to guard Rondo, It involves sagging off so he can't get to the rim or leave a great passs to finish. They are exploiting a weakness. Kind of the way, a team might say run Ray Allen off the three point line because they'd rather he put the ball on the floor. This doesn't mean Ray stinks. (despite going something like 1-24 after game two against the lakers.) 

[QUOTE]
      One of the losses was against Toronto by 1 point. They are no worse off with Delonte West as the point guard and I would be willing to bet that you could not find one Celtic player who would not say as much. [/QUOTE]

Uhh, okay this is just dumb. Seriously. For one, this guy named Doc Rivers thinks it's better to have Rondo in. That is why he starts him. Also, notice all those nice things other Celtics said when Rondo got back. Kinda undermines your theory.

[QUOTE] even though it is more objective and realistic. The complete inability of people to look at things objectively still amazes me to this day. Here are some of the issues / things that I remember on this site: Al Jefferson is a perennial all-star..... [/QUOTE]

You are not being objective, you are posting your own subjective opinions. 

[QUOTE] but the dream is over and it is time to wake up..... The Cs are no worse off with at least a dozen other point guards than one Rajon Rondo..........
    Posted by TheDUDDER [/QUOTE]

Again, please quit acting as if your subjective view of the world is objective reality. it's not. Some fans see things through Rose colored glasses. Others go the exact opposite direction and overstate a players weaknesses. Rondo is not a good shooter. Ray isn't a great Ball Handle, Other small forwards are more athletics than Pierce. Shaq is not good on Pick and Rolls and he can't shoot free throws. Every Player has weaknesses.  

And just because you think the Celtics would be better off with Rose, means nothing. I'd think we'd be better off swapping Pierce for Lebron. It doesn't diminish Pierce's greatness that there are better players at his position and doesn't diminish Rondo's. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YOU R REALLY LOOKING FOR DUDDER? : The Cs have a better winning percentage without Rondo (when you exclude the games KG has missed). The point guards assists are non-existent in Miami but they have won 19 of their last 20 and Pierce had two games with more than 10 assists while Rondo was out and was named player of the week. My sole reason for posting on this forum is not to bash Rondo.  I was posting here before Rondo was drafted. What I do try to do is try to provide an objective perspective so that most idiots can at least attempt to understand that the Cs are actually playing other teams with good players who are not the Washington Generals. I have a 75 year old stepfather who calls himself a fan of basketball but cannot name any player in the league not wearing green.   Last night I told him we will be watching the league MVP tonight - his response?  Rondo?.......  I had to change my depends again. The degree to which Rondo can be overrated is not even measurable. A lot of life is timing, being in the right place at the right time.  In professional sports nobody brings that to light more than Rondo.  None of the league's actual contenders has a more dysfunctional offense than the Cs.  Call me an idiot, say I don't know what I am talking about, say that I have some sort of issue with Rondo, etc..... but.... While Rondo was out Cedric Maxwell said and I am paraphrasing.... no offense to Rondo but they move the ball a lot better when Rondo is not involved. After losing in the finals Doc said and again I am paraphrasing Rondo's inability to shoot really cost them in the playoffs. Coach K said we cannot afford to have guys who can't shoot on the floor. The Celtics have a point guard who is unquestionably a good rebounder, a great passer, and a good defender..... but to me he is like someone who has a defect in one of their senses.... often times you may hear that a blind person has acute hearing, etc...... Rondo creates an automatic double team....  does it make sense to you when the other team's coach is planning how not to guard your point guard? does it make sense that your point guard cannot be on the floor in a tight game? does it make sense that your point guard is an offensive substitution in tight games? Rondo has made 16 fouls shots this year, the good ones make 4 or 5 per game - not take, make....  Rondo can't finish, makes jumpers only when completely uncontested, can't make foul shots, and so on..... if you are Johnson and Johnson aren't you trying to figure out how to make not guarding Rondo into a deodorant commercial?   Rondo - "Hey coach - nobody is within 15 feet of me, I am left wide open all the time, it has me self-conscious about my shooting ability"... Doc - "well Rajon maybe you should try my Mitchum - so strong you can skip a day"...... Assists go to the person to last to touch the ball prior to the scorer scoring the basket..... This means that Rondo pounds the ball into the floor, causing an unusual number of 3 second violations, waiting for someone to get open - because he simply is not an option in the offense.  Once he is done pounding the ball into the floor, he hopefully finds someone open, then he runs into the corner and hides hoping the ball never comes back to him - yet oddly once he lets go of the ball he starts calling for it and though HE IS OPEN HIS OWN TEAMMATES ROUTINELY IGNORE HIM CALLING FOR THE BALL BECAUSE THEY THEN KNOW THAT A REBOUND IS COMING AND THEY DON'T WANT TO APPEAR TO BE LAUGHING AT A TEAMMATE WHILE IN THE FLOW OF THE OFFENSE. This causes his teammates to take less than optimal shots against the shot clock or to continue to pass the ball while playing offense 3 against 5. Only the green-glasses fans and the unprepared-stats-studying-national-guys think the way you and the others here. Recently on a nationally televised game one of the announcers said Rondo needs to learn to move better without the ball because he could in position to make wide open jumpers - the other announcer responded - he is open for a reason....... None of us will know what it is like for Rondo to play with a crappy team until he does and none of us will know will know how good this team can be without Rondo ..... except for the fact that they have a better winning percentage when he is out this year (excluding games where KG is also out).  One of the losses was against Toronto by 1 point. They are no worse off with Delonte West as the point guard and I would be willing to bet that you could not find one Celtic player who would not say as much.   Fortunately for the Cs they have paid for what they get and are not paying Rondo a max contract. I saw a poll on foxsports yesterday - pick a point guard - of the 5 listed to choose from - Rondo was not one of them..... There was also an article on Fox today about whether Rondo should be considered "great" or not and it addresses several of the issues that I have outlined here.... none of these issues are new but to most posters here and Cs fans what other people think is nonsence.... even though it is more objective and realistic. The complete inability of people to look at things objectively still amazes me to this day. Here are some of the issues / things that I remember on this site: Al Jefferson is a perennial all-star..... I remember saying that there are Jeffersons drafted every year blah blah blah..... Jefferson has never made an all-star game and has never been on a team in the playoffs for that matter but will this year because he has the best point guard in the league. Delonte West will be one of the premier point guards in the league.....  never made an all-star team, bit player on a couple of good teams.....  Perk - borderline all-star center blah blah... since he has beend drafted there have been at least a dozen other centers that are better and or play with a lot less talent.  After 8 years he is still a turnover waiting to happen, stone hands, bad footwork, terrible foul shooter, and most thought that had the Cs had him for game 7 the Cs would have won the title this past year - if Bynum had been healthy there would have been no game 6 or game 7. Gerald Green was going to be the next Kobe / Tmac. Bill Walker is Clyde the Glide.... Orien Greene was Magic.... and now somehow Harangody is going to be Pierce's replacement.... That whole reality thing apparently really stinks for most..... but it is so good to be a dreamer!!!! I know it is difficult for many to actually observe what is going on in the league and at least make some sort of reasonable attempt at being objective but that is what I do...... I am sure there are some of you out there that somehow think Perk is better than Noah or Hibbert and there are of course some of you think that somehow because Jefferson played in green he is better than Blake Griffin... but the dream is over and it is time to wake up..... The Cs are no worse off with at least a dozen other point guards than one Rajon Rondo..........

Dude.  Please find me someone that said Orien Greene was Magic.  That's the thing with you.  You make a little sense and then you just make something up.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Dudder,
    You are impenetrable.  You facts are not relevant and you harp on Rondo without ever responding to the reality of what this player actually is in terms of value to his team.  I give up, you are wrong on your assessment and you will never admit it. Go Celtics!