ACC Team Records For BC Athletics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics

In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics:
    [QUOTE]Donnnn knows that it wasn't just BC that held UConn out of the ACC.  And in his heart of hearts he'll admit that UConn basketball is sliding and BC is rising.  He also knows that UConn football is not going to do so hot next year, nor is their basketball program.  He just can't admit it.  Which is why he calls so many people foolish, dumb, and irrelevant, and suffering from his "verbal beatdowns."  Thats what you do when you can't admit you're wrong and don't have the facts to prove you're right.  And when you don't want to give up. It just hurts to admit that not everybody thinks UConn is a top notch program and ought to be in the ACC. -Donnnn: Here's a bit of advice (trust me and take it!)  Your best argument is that maybe the BE won't implode but will continue to strengthen with the new additions.  Or that the BCS system is dying anyway and there will be a football playoff in a few years. And that UConn has had enough on the court recent success to breed a basketball pedigree that won't die out with the coach and the sanctions.  And that UConn will be back soon and that this is only a little bump in the road!  You can say that without any anger and with complete sincerity and most of us would probably applaud your point!  Just don't go bashing BC, our alma mater, with little to no facts, and just your bitter anger.
    Posted by crm222[/QUOTE]

Points well delivered, crm.  Do you think there is any chance that Donnnnnn will understand your points?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : same old same old BC lame circles.....  I am not angry but explaining things over and over does get tiresome.  You still keep your current BC team and I'll keep my Uconn team and we can see who comes out on top.   Not even close in the past so you can argue future success with yourselves.  In the meantime why don't you join the other 36 people at a BC game while I try to get tickets to Uconn in a packed house.  You like the Pinto, I like the Benz.  You are crazy for liking the Pinto better but common sense and logic are not your strengths...
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

No, Donnnnn.  You are a pretty angry person.  Just go back and look at your posts if you have any doubt.  What's more, you don't believe a word you just said.  If you did, you would not be wasting your time here with the "pinto" crowd when you could be hanging with the cool folks driving the "Benz's."  Again:  "you are known by your deeds."

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

Eagle78, naw I had a feeling he would use words like "silly" and "dumb" and then the car analogy thing again.  It's all he's got.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle78. Show Eagle78's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : I thought it was "you are KNOW by your deeds."   ha...you can't even copy something correctly.    weird how I'm angry yet you are the one writing novels in circles to get your BC inferiority complex out.  Yet you end up where you started so you tell me who looks angry?  I write quickly and don't need 10,000 words to try to prove a point (in your case fail miserably). Alright Beagle time for me to go but keep up your clumsy half witted retorts all weekend! 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Yes, Donnnnnnn.  I am a BC sports fan, writing about BC sports, on a BC thread.  Imagine that!  What I am not doing is going to Uconn Boards and threads to bash their teams.  Only an obsessive person would do that.

You seem to fit that bill quite nicely.

Oh, and BTW, thanks for the spelling check.  I guess when you cannot respond to any of my rebuttals, you focus on spelling. Go figure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

Stop It, Stop it, CLOWNS!

Let it be known BC is terrible and accept the will of the Almighty!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : bac10: Here's another article on the subject of ACC expansion titled "ACC Expansion: Coack K Supports New Additions." http://dc.sbnation.com/maryland-terrapins/2011/9/18/2433748/acc-expansion-mike-krzyzewski-coach-k
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

Adding Pitt and Syracuse seems like an attempt to correct the problems from the first expansion though, rather than supporting evidence that the initial expansion worked.  The initial expansion was pretty clearly done to improve football and get enough teams for an ACC championship game in football.  This one doesn't make much sense other than to try and improve basketball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]Donnnn knows that it wasn't just BC that held UConn out of the ACC.  And in his heart of hearts he'll admit that UConn basketball is sliding and BC is rising.  He also knows that UConn football is not going to do so hot next year, nor is their basketball program.  He just can't admit it.  Which is why he calls so many people foolish, dumb, and irrelevant, and suffering from his "verbal beatdowns."  Thats what you do when you can't admit you're wrong and don't have the facts to prove you're right.  And when you don't want to give up. It just hurts to admit that not everybody thinks UConn is a top notch program and ought to be in the ACC. -Donnnn: Here's a bit of advice (trust me and take it!)  Your best argument is that maybe the BE won't implode but will continue to strengthen with the new additions.  Or that the BCS system is dying anyway and there will be a football playoff in a few years. And that UConn has had enough on the court recent success to breed a basketball pedigree that won't die out with the coach and the sanctions.  And that UConn will be back soon and that this is only a little bump in the road!  You can say that without any anger and with complete sincerity and most of us would probably applaud your point!  Just don't go bashing BC, our alma mater, with little to no facts, and just your bitter anger.
    Posted by crm222[/QUOTE]

This is my general view of the situation and I don't think staying in the Big East is a such a bad thing.  Donnn represents one point of view on this issue in terms of UConn hopes to join the ACC.  Basketball still should be pretty strong with UConn, Marquette, Notre Dame, Georgetown, Louisville, Cincy, and Memphis.  Hopefully, St. Johns and Seton Hall will improve too.  

Personally, I think there is a bigger chance for a Pitt decline in basketball post-expansion than UConn.  Calhoun should retire and they should have an open search and hire the best available coach.  People here might not agree but it's hard to dispute that UConn is a top five program in the past 20 years so they should be able to hire a good young coach.  Calhoun is a great coach but it seems with his age and medical problems that the program has gone off the rails a little in terms of institutional control.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

ESPN Basketball Recruiting Insider has Pitt with the #13 recruiting class in 2012, with 8 ACC teams in the top 25. The BE has 1, that's ONE, and it's Providence. Could this signal a resurgence of the ACC and the decline of the BE?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

Pitt and Syracuse will probably still be in the BE next year so claiming their draft successes already seems a bit presumptuous.  Rivals.com has 6 BE teams in the top 25 and 5 ACC teams (4 and 7 if you want to count Pitt and Syracuse already).  These things can vary year by year depending on the previous recruiting class--last year St. John's, Louisville, UConn, Rutgers, and Georgetown had top 25 classes. 

Certainly, the ACC could use the help. According to this article, attendance at basketball games has dropped every year since 2008 and this year's attendance is the lowest in 25 years.

Not surprisingly, the ACC fans commenting on the article overwhelmingly blame expansion. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Pitt and Syracuse will probably still be in the BE next year so claiming their draft successes already seems a bit presumptuous.  Rivals.com has 6 BE teams in the top 25 and 5 ACC teams (4 and 7 if you want to count Pitt and Syracuse already).  These things can vary year by year depending on the previous recruiting class--last year St. John's, Louisville, UConn, Rutgers, and Georgetown had top 25 classes.  Certainly, the ACC could use the help. According to this article, attendance at basketball games has dropped every year since 2008 and this year's attendance is the lowest in 25 years. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/acc-mens-basketball-teams-struggling-at-the-box-office/2012/02/09/gIQA7jFY2Q_story_1.html Not surprisingly, the ACC fans commenting on the article overwhelmingly blame expansion. 
    Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]
    Good points and an interesting article. I can sympathize with the comments of ACC fans because I thought it was a mistake for BC to leave the Big East. I'd much rather see them play UConn and Georgetown than NC State and Virginia. The Miami Herald had an article about Miami attendance yesterday. They're averaging 4,467 and had only 4,292 vs Va Tech on Wednesday with many empty seats in the student section despite a university sponsored pregame buffalo wings party. I wonder what the attendance figures for college basketball are in general. I watched several preseason tournaments and the stands were practically empty. TV overexposure and shifting conference loyalties are certainly factors.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]ESPN Basketball Recruiting Insider has Pitt with the #13 recruiting class in 2012, with 8 ACC teams in the top 25. The BE has 1, that's ONE, and it's Providence. Could this signal a resurgence of the ACC and the decline of the BE?

Day tripper in the purple haze suit.. Could it be, Could it be ... only thing I know is Jeremy Lin is a much better basketball player than the bench warmer Jarred Dudly! Dream on fool could it be! 

New York Knicks' Jeremy Lin (17) drives past Los Angeles Lakers' Matt Barnes (9) during the first half of an NBA basketball game, Friday, Feb. 10, 2012, in New York.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Gonzaga/Dematha shoot out last night, all prospects headed to either Kansas or Syracuse. Again, the Catholics at university #54 in Chestnut Hill are holding their you know what out in the cold! Dream on fools!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : Day tripper in the purple haze suit.. Could it be, Could it be ... only thing I know is Jeremy Lin is a much better basketball player than the bench warmer Jarred Dudly! Dream on fool could it be!    
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]
    Are you actually thinking (I know it's a huge reach for you) that that's Jared Dudley in the photo with Lin? Last time I checked, Dudley played for the Suns. Nice try, but that's Matt Barnes of the Lakers. And for you to make a statement like Jeremy Lin is a much better basketball player than "bench warmer" Jared Dudley (who, by the way, has started 21 of 26 games this year) shows how little you know about basketball. Dudley's also 6th among NBA active players in 3-point percentage, 12th overall. I thought your credibility was at an all time low, but you've sunk even lower.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Gonzaga/Dematha shoot out last night, all prospects headed to either Kansas or Syracuse. Again, the Catholics at university #54 in Chestnut Hill are holding their you know what out in the cold! Dream on fools!
    Dogboy, you continue to spew out these falsehoods. "All prospects headed to either Kansas or Syracuse" is  total BS. DeMatha's #1 prospect point guard James Robinson committed to Pitt.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : Easy "use" 1948 & 1978 Townies' boys are getting mighty ballszie with all this academics hoop la la talk after the FSU river dance ...
    Whoa cherryho huskie troll.  Did mom lift the punishment and you got back on the computer today?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : Nice try...now how about responding to even one of the comments in my above post. Lets try again: A "doormat" would be a team that is the least successful in the conference - i.e.., winning the fewest games.  BC football has won more games in its 7 years in the ACC than everyone else in the Conference but VT.  Even this year, BC's worst season in 13 years, it still won more games than 2 other ACC teams. Do they not teach math at Uconn? As for Men's BB, if you want to say BC is a doormat based on the season to date? - fine.  Then by your logic, your Uconn Huskies are an also-ran team fighting to stay out of the lower part of the BE standings.  Agreed? And yes, the ACC is quite happy with BC.  They have had successful FB, Men's BB, and Soccer programs since joining the ACC.  BC's FB team enjoys solid TV ratings in the huge Boston market and don't think that isn't important to them. Many more ACC games - and significantly less BE games - are now televised in Boston. Plus, BC brings top level academics (#31, USN&WR) to the ACC which is also extremely important to them. Look, you are a Uconn fan so I understand your envy.  BC, and now SU and Pitt, are part of the ACC.  Uconn, despite all of the rather all-to-obvious pleadings, is not.  WVU is leaving the BE.  Uconn and RU will now be the ones on an "island" in a conference that literally extends from coast-to-coast.  Should do wonders for your recruiting going forward.
    Posted by Eagle78[/QUOTE]

ACC, Tobacco Row,  should be happy with BC, now they have their whipping boy in the "rust belt' that knows jack about big time collegiate basketball!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : ACC, Tobacco Row,  should be happy with BC, now they have their whipping boy in the "rust belt' that knows jack about big time collegiate basketball!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]
    Could you possibly be referring to Tobacco ROAD (not ROW)? You continue to be an embarrassment to the U of ND, its students, and alumni.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : I believe UNDKING  is correct it would be ROW, there is no roads in a tobacco field. Need to go beyond the Rte. 128  ROAD 1948, and broaden your GED education!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]
    WHR, not surprisingly you're wrong AGAIN. If I may be permitted to paraphrase from Wikipedia: The term Tobacco ROAD refers to the tobacco growing area of North Carolina and is often used when referring to the rivalries, particularly in basketball, among Duke, North Carolina, NC State, and Wake Forest.
    You might want to have mommy or daddy read this article to you and your ND buddy:
    http://espn.go.com/classic/s/013101_great_duke/unc_games.html
    It's titled "Ten Terrific Tobacco ROAD Tussles."

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : With your GED education, you need to do a little more research instead of your BHCC entry site Wikipedia. Further your remedial development  to Tim Kent, Shelby Foote, James Robinson, and  David Blight's Race and Reunion : The Civil War   American M emory accounting of Richmond Viginia and Tobacco Row in the Civil War. I noticed you refer to ACC schools, where the ACC was non existant in the heartland of Tobacco Row Richmond VA. Cheers troll, and start reading more instead of surfing Wikipedia!
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]
    A wise friend once advised me not to get into a pi _ _ing contest with a skunk, but I'll make an exception in your case. If you look back at UND's original incorrect posting, he did say "ACC, Tobacco Row, should be happy with BC." True enough, Tobacco Row does exist in Richmond, but the ACC does not. By trying to justify your error, you just continue to magnify your own stupidity. Pretty soon you'll be in a hole so deep, even you won't be able to crawl your way out of it. The eminent Mr. Blight would be mortified if he knew you were using his photo in your ridiculous post.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LongPotter. Show LongPotter's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC Team Records For BC Athletics : A wise friend once advised me not to get into a pi _ _ing contest with a skunk, but I'll make an exception in your case. If you look back at UND's original incorrect posting, he did say "ACC, Tobacco Row, should be happy with BC." True enough, Tobacco Row does exist in Richmond, but the ACC does not. By trying to justify your error, you just continue to magnify your own stupidity. Pretty soon you'll be in a hole so deep, even you won't be able to crawl your way out of it. The eminent Mr. Blight would be mortified if he knew you were using his photo in your ridiculous post.

Indians1948 -

Not sure you realize, but UofNDKing and whr are actually the same person. He has other logins as well including postingking, 82ndAB, cheeroh and googleboy.

One of the ways he gives himself away is that no matter the persona he adopts he always makes the same mistakes. See this example  - "Tobacco Row".

My favorite was when all his personas went on and on how Lou Saban was the best coach in college football. Lou Saban. Not Nick Saban.

And on and on it goes.