ACC vs. Big East Basketball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

ACC vs. Big East Basketball

Since the 1979-1980 season when the Big East was founded, the ACC has had 29 appearances in the Final Four, the BE has had 17. Here's the breakdown.
    ACC: UNC 11, Duke 11, Maryland 2, Ga. Tech 2, UVa 2, NC State 1.
    BE: G'Town 4, UConn 4, Syracuse 3, Villanova 2, Providence 1, Seton Hall 1, West Va. 1, St. John's 1.
    You can argue that the ACC has become a 2-team league since expansion, but the fact is that Duke and UNC were dominating long before expansion. If you want real balance in a league, you have to look at the Big 10. Nine of the original Big 10 teams have been to the Final Four since 1980. The only exception is Northwestern.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball

I don't doubt the underlying trend given UNC and Duke but I'm pretty sure Louisville should also be in there, which would mean 9 different BE teams have been in a Final Four since 1980 (11 if you include Marquette and Cincy soon before joining the BE).  That's pretty impressive depth. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball:
    [QUOTE]I don't doubt the underlying trend given UNC and Duke but I'm pretty sure Louisville should also be in there, which would mean 9 different BE teams have been in a Final Four since 1980 (11 if you include Marquette and Cincy soon before joining the BE).  That's pretty impressive depth. 
    Posted by bac10[/QUOTE]
    I was only looking at appearances when they were actually in the conference. The BE has impressive depth, no doubt, but Louisville, Marquette, Cincy, and ND don't belong in the BE. I've said this before, and I don't want to be repetitive, but if I were in charge, being a b-ball purist, I would go back to the old Big East basketball conference that Dave Gavitt founded, and football be damned. Unfortunately, it can't happen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : I was only looking at appearances when they were actually in the conference. The BE has impressive depth, no doubt, but Louisville, Marquette, Cincy, and ND don't belong in the BE. I've said this before, and I don't want to be repetitive, but if I were in charge, being a b-ball purist, I would go back to the old Big East basketball conference that Dave Gavitt founded, and football be damned. Unfortunately, it can't happen.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

I had thought Louisville did but after looking it up, they reached the Final Four in their last season of Conference USA.  They have made two Elite Eights in the BE though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : Words of wisdom from a dork who has never played collegiate sports in the Situation Room assessing the talent ... move on dork to your tweets!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]
    Thanks. I appreciate your insight! You always add something thoughtful to the discussion.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

ACC v BE in hoops is pretty even.  To argue which is better doesn't make a lot of sense.  Right now the BE is deeper for sure.  However that changes as the years go bye.  ACC though, at present, is really two teams. 

But I can't wait for the "smart guys" on here who will take a year or two trend and argue that it's been that way and will stay that way forever. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Donnn, if you read my post with an above 5th grade level ability to understand it, I said that right now the BE is deeper (which means better).  So you rant was for nothing, as usual.  Before you go off the handle why don't you take time to read and understand, even if it means reading a post multiple times over.

Right now BE is better.  However that trend changes over time if you go back and look at it.

I also said, and was thinking of you, that I can't wait for dummies to argue that because the BE is better now it means it will always be that way. 

Please please please try not to be so stupid.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Donnn, if you read my post with an above 5th grade level ability to understand it, I said that right now the BE is deeper (which means better).  So you rant was for nothing, as usual.  Before you go off the handle why don't you take time to read and understand, even if it means reading a post multiple times over. Right now BE is better.  However that trend changes over time if you go back and look at it. I also said, and was thinking of you, that I can't wait for dummies to argue that because the BE is better now it means it will always be that way.  Please please please try not to be so stupid.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]
    Momort, You're right, of course, and it's a waste of time to try to engage Donnn, ND, and the other Husky dog guy in a discussion. All of the things you said are true. The BE is deeper now, the ACC has two dominant teams, as it has always had, and things will even out over time. Look at my original statement: In the past 30 years, The ACC has been to the Final Four 29 times, the BE 17. Donnn loves the BE, but cries because his Hiskies can't get into the ACC.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : Momort, You're right, of course, and it's a waste of time to try to engage Donnn, ND, and the other Husky dog guy in a discussion. All of the things you said are true. The BE is deeper now, the ACC has two dominant teams, as it has always had, and things will even out over time. Look at my original statement: In the past 30 years, The ACC has been to the Final Four 29 times, the BE 17. Donnn loves the BE, but cries because his Hiskies can't get into the ACC.

Exactly.  Couldn't have said it any better....Funny how logic and bring you to a middle ground...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]ACC hoops is not even close to the BE and if you think it's "even" then you are dumber than originally thought which was pretty DUMB.  ACC is a 2 team race and that's it.  They were lucky to get 4 teams in the tourney last year as clemson squeaked in and so did fla state (even though they had a good run). Duke and NC are solid programs but they can't carry the rest of a terrible conference.  To quote feinstein yesterday in the washington post "the ACC is 4-3 against the Ivy League this season. Of course, six of those seven games were played on ACC home courts; one at a neutral site. "    Read Feinstein's article at how the ACC is just an average conference right now, and nowhere near the powers. So to think a league that is barely 500 against the Ivy league and most of the games were at ACC venues and compare that to the BE is really a stupid question.  Like saying Momort might not respond to this or an 8th grade girls team could beat BC men's hoops (well let me think about that one....) Look at the BE, you have Syracuse, uconn, l'ville, g'town,wvu,marq and pitt could all win a few games in the ncaa tourney.  besides NC and duke, who in the ACC can win a few games?  None of 'em.  RPI has the ACC at 4 and I'm amazed they even got to that...
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    You can take away Syracuse and Pitt from that mix because they'll be joining the ACC soon. Too bad your Huskies won't be joining them.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : not yet..soon enough and if not, uconn will continue to be the BEAST OF THE EAST.  have I reminded you they won 3 nat'l championships since 1999?
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for reminding me. But, you know, I'm not so sure about them continuing to be the BEAST OF THE EAST. They'll probably lose Oriakhi, Lamb, and Drummond, and from what I can see, they only have one recruit coming in (albeit a very good one). Who knows if Calhoun will call it quits. He said he only came back this year because he wanted to see the team through the sanctions leveled against him. And then there are those darn sanctions hanging over their heads . . . .

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : Thanks for reminding me. But, you know, I'm not so sure about them continuing to be the BEAST OF THE EAST. They'll probably lose Oriakhi, Lamb, and Drummond, and from what I can see, they only have one recruit coming in (albeit a very good one). Who knows if Calhoun will call it quits. He said he only came back this year because he wanted to see the team through the sanctions leveled against him. And then there are those darn sanctions hanging over their heads . . . .

Time for you to keep the main thing the main thing and just go away. Your discussions are becoming rather trite and borish as your cohorts. Take a hard look at BC basketball a dump program, with a dump coach, who will not take BC to any promise land in the ACC, SEC, BE,or  whatever!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : Time for you to keep the main thing the main thing and just go away. Your discussions are becoming rather trite and borish as your cohorts. Take a hard look at BC basketball a dump program, with a dump coach, who will not take BC to any promise land in the ACC, SEC, BE,or  whatever!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]
    I was responding to DONNNN and not you, numb n***s. If you really went to ND (the one in South Bend, not the Park Street satellite campus) you're an embarrassment to the university. You can't spell (BOORISH, not BORISH; PROMISED, not PROMISE) and you never add anything to any discussion. Just go away, please.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : Thanks for reminding me. But, you know, I'm not so sure about them continuing to be the BEAST OF THE EAST. They'll probably lose Oriakhi, Lamb, and Drummond, and from what I can see, they only have one recruit coming in (albeit a very good one). Who knows if Calhoun will call it quits. He said he only came back this year because he wanted to see the team through the sanctions leveled against him. And then there are those darn sanctions hanging over their heads . . . .

They've reloaded before, as all college programs need to do to remain competitive.  Napier and Boatright would make a good backcourt and Olander will get better.  Smith also would be good with more playing time.

I think Lamb and Drummond both need another year but that's never stopped people from leaving before.  If Drummond leaves, I think he would be UConn's first one-and-done player.  He has shown flashes of brilliance, like last night versus WVU, but he is a bad passer, has no jump shot or low post moves, and can zone out on defense.  So I guess that makes him perfect for the NBA.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Great to see PC tack it on to Louisville ... although it was nice to see Rick Pitino celebrate the 25 years' Final Four appearance .... What does BC have to celebrate discussions on Woman's basketball?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

It's unreal to me that NDKing continues to chat away with this cocky attitued when we refuses to engage in a conversation about what a joke ND football is? 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ACC vs. Big East Basketball : probably because he knows you are a troll looking for petty arguments because your life is so sad? Just stop, you make yourself look foolish everytime you write.  You really are a last word freak? que the same stupid response form momort in 3..........2...................1.........................
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Donn, I'm sorry you don't matter in this world.  I'm sorry you have no voice other than trying to control who reponds when on a stupid internet message board.  I'm sorry you are a geek who has had very little say in anything ever.  Keep on geekin it up bro.....

25. This post has been removed.