BC at UCF 09-10-11 GAME DISCUSSION

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

BC at UCF 09-10-11 GAME DISCUSSION

I noticed these quotes from George O'Leary before the season.

As you can see 111th in America (120 teams) with returning starters, or very tough UCF graduation losses and compare it to the Spaz quotes:

"We have had great defenses here and it will be no different next year. We have guys in the ranks that will fill in the blanks. We lost some starters, but we play so many on defense and roll a lot of guys on the defensive front.

QB-- Jeff Godfrey --

"The thing about Jeff is that he grew poised in the pocket and also in reading coverages and he has really gotten better"

Returning hurt RB. -- Brynn Harvey

"Gives us depth and that is a key for us being productive as a team.

Do you see a difference? Not just with George, but how many other coaches?

Between GDF and Spaz --- More excuses that imaginable!

Enjoy the next 5 seasons!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Re: BC at UCF 09-10-11 GAME DISCUSSION

UCF suffered some heavy graduation losses, but George O’Leary has a solid defensive system and a great secondary.

If I was Spaz, I would pound Andre Williams into an undersized defensive line and wear the Knights out and cut the game in half. Rettig passed well, but that was Northwestern and these UCF DB's are much faster and better.

BC has to stop a polished, speedy option QB who has improved his passing skills so why would UCF run when you can sit back and riddle the McGovern pass defense with a non-existent pressure rush and sad package of blitzes?

HOW DID BC DO WITH BACKUP "Raisin" Kain Colter of Northwestern yesterday?

Godfrey is a Ferrari compared to Kain!

Say George replaces his senior graduating class as he stated....

UCF still has a small defensive line but the team speed on defense and pass defense is super solid with a great system that smothered Georgia and the best WR in America in AJ Green in their bowl game.

That was some incredible bowl defensive performance and if the UCF defense can maintain that type of performance level into 2011, BC will be in for a long, long night ... and of course the humidity....

Georgia was an offensive juggernaut last year averaging over 30 a game in the SEC and UCF stoned them ice cold. That was some kinda shocker watching those kids fly all over the field and get in AJ's face and held him down to 8-77 and the longest gain was 18 yards!

OUR WR"S are no AJ Green's. NFL draft ring a bell???

The Georgia team which averaged 4.1 a carry was stonewalled for 32 rushes and 82 yards. 

UCF will be a team where BC has to maul and wear down with big tank runner Andre Williams and then when their speed LB's and DB's come up to stop Andre ---you hit our WR's with a deep 6 post.

If BC had defensive back and coverage issues with slower Northwestern's and QB Colter......Wait until they get a load of the human speedball rocket and better passer in Jeff Godfrey......and the rest of these very fast Central Florida kids...

I would not be surprised if UCF smoked BC by
    20+ points, if Spaz keeps the same 15 year pathetic pass defensive gameplan and Roger's offensive play sequencing does not improve.

How is that unreal 2 year extension Spaz received looking now Geno?? 

Spaz is 11-11 versus BCS Teams.  5 of those wins versus weak sisters Duke, UVA and Wake Forest.

MY GAME PREDICTION:

This UCF team is high on confidence after stonewalling Georgia in the bowl game. Their cupcake opener was nice practice for BC.

I think Godfrey outduels Rettig.

Back to the drawing board for the Spaziani. My pre-season had BC opening 0-2, instead of the 2-0 most BC fans thought who drank the annual Yawkey Yokel kool-aid crap.

You might see a BC upperclassmen team meeting----- without the coaches after this game.

My pre-season pick was UCF 23-20. BC should improve, but UCF's has to adjust to another size level after the Charleston Chew practice!

Nate Freese has better take a chill pill and just kick it!

I think BC is as bad as my 3-9 pre-season prediction and now much worse on defense.

I think UCF will roll to a much higher win, unless there is a dramatic improvement and if not, then George will outcoach Spaz and squeak out a win. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

The Knights are -6.5.

When you see a non BCS conference team with huge graduation losses favored over a now slipping and worse, a poor recruiting BC program, you can close your eyes and think...

Will the cheap lost Jesuits who blindly gave Spaz a 2 year multi-million $$$ golden parachute extension package after 2 poor years and have 4 more seasons of Spaz locked after this year, be able to negotiate a newly created "no heavy lifting at a lower salary" Athletic Director staff position and then the big question?

Tressel, Leach or even Boise State's Peterson??

My guess -- -GDF and BC will never pay big $$$$ from the Neenan fund billion+ to make BC Football competitive for BCS bowls.

1985 -- 26 years since the Cotton Bowl.

I think Spaz will be here a long, long time.

BC is the perfected model of mediocrity.

Now we are the new model of MALAISE..

I have not been waving my SpazWOW towel for 15 years.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

having a nice conversation?

All this on a blowout of Charleston Southern?

BTW BB is calling for your advice on the Fins.

BTW they are putting that money toward the $1.5 B for the Brighton campus.  You remember, college, academics?  and a Billion dollars is chump change for an endowment, but of course you know that

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

A 19 year old quarterback allows himself to get sacked instead of throwing the ball high to the back of the end zone so there is no chance of interception, the future ACC all time leading rusher Harris is on the sidelines and a field goal kicker who could have won the game if he didn't choke. All this warrants for coach Spaz to be fired ?

What Gene should have done is schedule some patty cakes like Fordham and University of South Florida :sarcasm: of course. Growing pains is what you saw and it will make Rettig a better quarterback in the near future. Typical armchair panic as usual, go join the "Fire Francona" threads over on the Pink Hat board.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Is BC building a beautiful multi-purpose retractable dome with surrounding dorms and buildings as a shining jewel?

Academics? Academics?

I wanted Spaz fired years before Syracuse rolled him over with a 4th string tailback and Spaz and TOB blew the Fiesta Bowl to Pitt?

BC is loaded with $$$$$ and College's signature cash cow sport of football has always been little league at the Heights!

Now, GDF has run the program into the ground.

Spaz as a Head Coach will always go from mediocrity to malaise.

His record sucks.

Stanford, TCU, Northwestern, ND --- all passing the slow thinking Yawkey Yokels?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

TCU ? lost to Baylor and ND lost to South Florida at home. How exactly have both programs surpassed GDF and Spaziani this season ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Stanford, TCU, Northwestern, ND --- all passing the slow thinking Yawkey Yokels?

Reading Comprehension 101:

That was not a one game statement, but thanks for your sad feeble attempt!

If you think that these 4 programs have not past BC by, you are living in a dark hole.

BC has been losing for 26 years and no BCS Bowls and not one Big East and ACC conference title.

True BC fans have a name for all the low rent second and third tier bowl games due to a failure to step up and win big games.

Jags was the only exception. Jags was a Head Coach!

TCU won the Rose Bowl and was 36-3 and a major Top 5/10 power!!! the last 3 years, which shows you are very uninformed. Stanford and ND are coming back and ND lost to USF in a deluge ---not NW---, but this was not a one game analysis post...BC is now in deep malaise mode.

Just wait..

You comment about a TCU monster senior laden team that all graduated and losing to Baylor indicated you are a low watt slow thinking sports fan.

www.eagleinsider.com -- COME AND LEARN!

TCU was 36-3 and two big boy bowls and the new stadium is gorgeous. 

Stanford 12-1 and Orange Bowl blowout of VT which now pimpslaps BC.

ND will have a much better year and blow out BC in South Bend and make it 3 in a row.

I used schools with high academic standards in my analysis of look--alike to BC.

Come back when you read Eagle Insider and get up to speed.

It could take a while for you. 

Yup Stanford and TCU.... 25-1 and two major bowl wins, have not passed BC by???

Yeah, and Obama's handling of the economy should get him a landslide.

LOL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

ok I get it now... you are a simple website hawker trying to drive the eyeballs to this site.

Congratulations on your accomplishment

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

In Response to Re: BC at UCF 09-10-11 GAME DISCUSSION:
    [QUOTE]ok I get it now... you are a simple website hawker trying to drive the eyeballs to this site. Congratulations on your accomplishment
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Nope.

Nine years ago, after 32 years of just one year of Cotton bowl glory, GDF's poor football program meddling, these lazy cheap Jesuits, that lemonfaced TOB, the Jags blunder, Spaz being hired and the worst move ever in 120 years, hiring Tranquill, 

-----I have decided to just post exact verified facts on the hometown big boy paper site and let the Eagle Nation see that our signature NCAA sport, the cash cow, the glamour sport, that these BC individuals have turned BC Football into "the perfected model of mediocrity" and now will spiral deeper into a the Spaz malaise of a truly lost and misguided program and recruiting is also slipping badly.

That's it. No other agenda. Check for yourself.

Watch Stanford, TCU, ND.... they are all rebuilding and reloading.

Same academic level schools.

Now we lose to Northwestern with a back-up QB!!!! -- and like I predicted Pat Fitzgerald would find a way top outcoach the SPAZWOW towel and his catatonic calzone cushion pass defense and no blitz packages or his annual lack of front four pass rush pressure.

The House that Flutie built needs a flush.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

SJS1214 seems to have nailed it with some of his observations.

For sure, Fliipo is a disaster and must go.

Too, we are not a mediocre program -  yet.   Medicocrity is  the goal we hope to attain if we can show enough improvement.  Why maybe someday we can even draw more than the 7000 BELOW capacity that we did for our season opener vs NW in superb weather.

And yes, cash is king with Dear Leader.

I'm NOT on board re Spaz, however. Methinks he does a fine job with one and a half hands tied behind his back by the "leadership" of The Gang of Two.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I notice you do not refute the intention to drive people to what is a scouts.com site.
    wow maybe you could give us something beyond the front page or the subscription blurb where all thsi infomration lies.

and I just flushed something and named it after you you website p*mp

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

[QUOTE]I notice you do not refute the intention to drive people to what is a scouts.com site. wow maybe you could give us something beyond the front page or the subscription blurb where all thsi infomration lies. and I just flushed something and named it after you you website p*mp

1-The site just has more historical info as does the other way more visited BC site.

2--I said visit for informational purposes. But now, since you are not a diehard BC fan and like to live in fantasy la-la land, you stay here and eat your pablum!

ENJOY!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

well give us some deeper links then; you are the first cousin to pitter patter putter as well with nothing beyond the "come visit us, we have a ton of information" that could not be gathered from any other site.  That combined with your lack of knowledge of college finances makes you a joke>

You mean up to date info like this?

http://bostoncollege.scout.com/4/1.html

I guess I need a subscription to get something pertaining to this season

Isn't that right oncore?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Spaziani == “We’re very thin and very fragile.’’

ATTENTION ALL BC DIEHARD FANS:

The BC Ballet practice for the opening road performance has been cancelled due to lack of nutrition and we need group hug therapy and a self esteem boosting retreat camp.

Please return your tights and pink shoes and get well soon!

Unreal. Simply unreal.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

[QUOTE]TCU ? lost to Baylor and ND lost to Central Florida at home. How exactly have both programs surpassed GDF and Spaziani this season ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Great game there thought the BC bo diddlies were in shock & awe in whr's band box. Remember humility is attentive patience, as for BC football it's what you get a sad display of the almost's!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

Giving the gentleman C to BC is generous ... Spazziani is terrible Coach with no leadership abilities. CFU will do the same to BC as USF did to ND... WIN!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chosenphil. Show chosenphil's posts

UCF fan here.  Just wanted to add something to this discussion.  UCF played a team that would not beat half the larger high schools in Florida.  That being said, anyone that thinks UCF lost anything on defense would be wrong.  I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years and will tell you this defense is the best I have ever seen and UCF has put plenty of talent on the defensive side of the ball.

UCF is not your typical CUSA team, they pound the ball and control the clock.  If your defense is thin than you are in trouble.  We have three very good RB's, the third string RB made the 5A Florida All State team.  The second was the Liberty Bowl MVP, the first string is pretty good as well.

I am hoping for a good, safe and entertaining game.  If you're making your way down to Orlando be safe, if not enjoy the game on TV.  I went to the BC/UCF game a couple years ago and enjoyed your city and the BC campus.  Great fans, great City.

Hate the Red Sox though, sorry.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"You comment about a TCU monster senior laden team that all graduated and losing to Baylor indicated you are a low watt slow thinking sports fan."

TCU scheduled an easy patty cake then Choked. Same record as BC and your mighty rebuilding ND!

"Come back when you read Eagle Insider and get up to speed. It could take a while for you."

I don't need to got your lame blog because I have thoughts of my own that's why i'm here at BDC because it is better. Good luck trying to sell your child writing development class on twitter...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]UCF fan here.  Just wanted to add something to this discussion.  UCF played a team that would not beat half the larger high schools in Florida.  That being said, anyone that thinks UCF lost anything on defense would be wrong.  I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years and will tell you this defense is the best I have ever seen and UCF has put plenty of talent on the defensive side of the ball. UCF is not your typical CUSA team, they pound the ball and control the clock.  If your defense is thin than you are in trouble.  We have three very good RB's, the third string RB made the 5A Florida All State team.  The second was the Liberty Bowl MVP, the first string is pretty good as well. I am hoping for a good, safe and entertaining game.  If you're making your way down to Orlando be safe, if not enjoy the game on TV.  I went to the BC/UCF game a couple years ago and enjoyed your city and the BC campus.  Great fans, great City. Hate the Red Sox though, sorry.
    Posted by chosenphil[/QUOTE]

I have great respect for these two start up Universities in Florida a bastion of great Hight School football talent.

USF program is six years old and operated on marginal funding from the State. With FSU, the U, and UF getting most of the talent other super athletes are attracted to USF, and CFU for  starting postions and have the NFL in mind after graduation. Super High School talent from Merit Island, Cocoa Beach, Cocoa, and Titusville with great athletes. I look for CFU to pound BC the way ND got hammered against USF.

Jeff Godfrey is a freshman phenom the day he stepped on a Football field in High School at Miami Dade Central and when he signed his National Letter of Intent as a CFU Knight. George O'Leary has quite a program at CFU and is loaded with Florida talent.

For BC keep on recruiting where you recruit from the private and Catholic prep schools and you are what you are a ZERO win team!   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]I notice you do not refute the intention to drive people to what is a scouts.com site. wow maybe you could give us something beyond the front page or the subscription blurb where all thsi infomration lies. and I just flushed something and named it after you you website p*mp

Catholics' U: 0-3 Fordham, BC & ND! keep on trying, Jesuits 0-2!

Does Spazzie have a recruit on scouts.com screenname, or you just blowing your usual smaoke after the embarrassment at the MBTA whistle stop at Reservoir! Long season for you to be rational about this stinker of a BC team!

UCONN NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chosenphil. Show chosenphil's posts

Maybe after UCF wins the BC fans will call the school the right way and not CFU.  Also, USF has been playing football since 1997 but in a BCS league for six years.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

cheeroh is not a BC fan, but thanks for the insult

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Yep; BC is quite a team with swagger it hardly knows what the term WIN is in their vocabulary?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Might want to call BC the 2011 rendition of the Red Sox and it all comes tumbling down in Titletown USA!