BC back to the Big East?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Re: BC back to the Big East?

In Response to Re: BC back to the Big East?:
    [QUOTE]Back from steamy ATL and some great PGA watching to realize the ACC is no more. Yes skeptics who never leave the village of Boston the Atlanta media is welcoming FSU to the SEC with open arms! Jimbo Fisher wants it to happen. Obviously, we have not heard from the Longputter in all of this however, it appears BC is the odd boy out on the pig farm. Don't mess with Dixie crackers especially SEC Football!  As for the Big Time Football ... well UCONN/UND says it all before 70,000 in Foxboro. A kudo for the Kraft Group.
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

Sorry genius. UND ain't playing uconn anywhere, anytime

And big time football and uconn should never be mentioned in the same sentence. Does the word "oxymoron" mean anything to you?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Big East  now   in talks  with  ACC and Big 12      Big East afraid of the raids and losing their  AQ for the BCS ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

EMBARRASSMENT!!!!

Would hardly think the ACC would be in talks to any Conference prostitutes, money laundering, payola ..... ponsei schemes  .... Great Conference should have hired Shapiro as the ACC Commissioner ... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bclovett. Show bclovett's posts

In Response to BC back to the Big East?:
    [QUOTE]It appears secret meetings have taken place about reunion of BC in the Big East  with ND as a football member with separate revenues. It is part of the NBC negotiations taking place for a new contract. ESPN is also vying for the television deal. Another point of view in Big East boards. There are only two conferences left that will expand in college football in the near future. One is the Big 10 and the other is the Big East. The Big 10 added Nebraska while the BE added TCU, both elite football schools. The Big 10 prefers large land-grant schools with deep football tradition and stadiums exceeding 80,000 capacity. The Big East wants to be a more elite conference than the ACC on the east coast. Nationally, they were the 5th and 6th rated football conferences out of 12 major conferences. The only school that makes any sense for the BE is Boston College but BC stabbed the BE in the back and has delusions of academic grandeur that, other than it's Law School, are vastly overrated. They have maintained their "elite" academic standing by being highly selective. That means very few minorities as far as BC is concerned. They think the ACC is a better academic fit but in fact they are just a catholic fish in southern Protestant waters. Let them stay in their imaginary southern state of mind! As far as a Big East shakeup, it should start at the administrative level. First, that incompetent commissioner needs to be fired. Second, move BE conference headquarters to NYC. Third, add only ONE additional football school that has basketball star power. Being from NYC, I could care less about college football and if I wanted to see a traditional college game I would drive up to Fordham before I cross the bridge to Rutgers.
    Posted by jimreilly43[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bclovett. Show bclovett's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BC back to the Big East? : The sour grapes in this article
    are adolescent, and if the author has an axe to grind with BC and his attitude
    towards the school, then let him man up; otherwise, if your'e going to talk football
    then stay on topic, not attitude and off stage nonsense about academic standings
    and Southern protestants swimming in fish ponds.
    Posted by bclovett[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

It appears the days of wine and roses are gone and BC will need to accept their fate when it comes in attacting big time recruits. There facilities alone compared to the SEC, Big Ten and Pac 10 don't quite meet the sniff test when in comes to a major football program for today's five star recruits.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from commander007. Show commander007's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares about BC really .... ACC is a corrupt conference! 
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

If you do not care about BC, then why are you always on these post?

I was under the impression that these post were for people who cared about the football & basketball teams.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

lpgawhrtroll follows the latest winning trend and pretends to be a part of it.  Right now, that's uconn basketball and SEC football, though both will be down and out for the count on corruption eventually.

The lpgawhrtroll multi-identity probably followed Atlanta Brave baseball and Edmonton Oiler hockey back in the 90s, then grew distant when the programs came back to earth.

It's a shame it lives on the boards, but it does at least provide some entertainment value.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]lpgawhrtroll follows the latest winning trend and pretends to be a part of it.  Right now, that's uconn basketball and SEC football, though both will be down and out for the count on corruption eventually. The lpgawhrtroll multi-identity probably followed Atlanta Brave baseball and Edmonton Oiler hockey back in the 90s, then grew distant when the programs came back to earth. It's a shame it lives on the boards, but it does at least provide some entertainment value.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

please use spell check GATTZIE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC back to the Big East? : If you do not care about BC, then why are you always on these post? I was under the impression that these post were for people who cared about the football & basketball teams.
    Posted by commander007[/QUOTE]

UCONN NATIONAL NCAA CHAMPIONS!
    The only relativity on this site!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

sorry not your gattzie...all different posters...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

I have too much respect for the Big East to believe that it would be foolish enough to consider the return of Behead Coaches (and Broadcasters and Deans and Other Employees) Institute.

Surely they realize that once bitten by a snake, sensible folks don't return to the snakepit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

of course you have not read the most recent announcement by the BE commissioner that BC "would be welcome back any time".  But why let facts get in the way of good lies?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

My Man Provpats,

1. If the BE Commissioner seriously considers inviting The Institute to rejoin the league, methinks his is naive. All he need do is recall the deception and betrayal that the league experienced less than a decade ago.  I hope that he does not believe ANYTHING Dear Leader and/or Flippo SAYS, unless it is backed up by a SWORN written statement. 

2. Are YOU now saying that you favor a return to the BE?  Please advise.

Peace,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]My Man Provpats , 1. If the BE Commissioner seriously considers inviting The Institute to rejoin the league, methinks his is naive. All he need do is recall the deception and betrayal that the league experienced less than a decade ago.  I hope that he does not believe ANYTHING Dear Leader and/or Flippo SAYS, unless it is backed up by a SWORN written statement.  2. Are YOU now saying that you favor a return to the BE?  Please advise. Peace,
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

So you have respect for Jim Calhoun who is not only suspended for recruiting violations but is also out some good $$$ for the pathetic academic performance of his team??  Makes sense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EverToExcell. Show EverToExcell's posts

BC would NEVER consider the Big East again. they have gone to a better place - The ACC has superior academics, football, revenues, exposure, better sportsmanship and better Fall road trips. The Big East is grasping at survival straws...BC is a desired program in a terrific ACC. If dominoes fall.....BC will have plenty of options and a lame duck with bad football Big East would not even be considered. BC has ascended to a much better place to universally great reviews and MONEY! Why would they ever take a step backwards and improve their jealous former "associates" Like Yukon, Rutgirls, and West Virginia/Appalchia?????

Go Eagles! Beat Northwestern on Sept. 3rd!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

[QUOTE]BC would NEVER consider the Big East again. they have gone to a better place - The ACC has superior academics, football, revenues, exposure, better sportsmanship and better Fall road trips. The Big East is grasping at survival straws...BC is a desired program in a terrific ACC. If dominoes fall.....BC will have plenty of options and a lame duck with bad football Big East would not even be considered. BC has ascended to a much better place to universally great reviews and MONEY! Why would they ever take a step backwards and improve their jealous former "associates" Like Yukon, Rutgirls, and West Virginia/Appalchia????? Go Eagles! Beat Northwestern on Sept. 3rd!!!
    Posted by EverToExcell[/QUOTE]

-----------------------------------

Gatzie,

In THIS one of your many screen names, you get an A for memorizing the Leahy talking points.

Next, you'll be extolling the Carter presidency.

Peace

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

ok here is the recent Blaudschun blog post, excerped and the full link:

Despite the talk of stability and confidence, there are no guarantees that Big East football will survive in the long term.
    Marinatto, who still extends an open invitation for Boston College to return, said, ‘‘We’re well-positioned for the future.’’

http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/extras/colleges_blog/2011/08/big_east_confid.html

Pray tell how mad could the powers that be in the BE be if the above is out there for public consumption?  They surely do not feel deceived, because as men of homor dealing with the liar Leahy they would not be so inclined..

Also, there was an interview with Traghese who said Leahy laid out the issues in the meeting pretty well and he was symathetic and agreed with them.  and the minutes previously posted bear out that Leahy acted above board

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

It's good to see the contrarian, the angry and somehow damaged, our own timon of athens, has returned to the board to lengthen the threads with his self-centered, inconsiderate, elongated signature, and his continued spewing of opinion-based resentfulness.  Welcome back Putt.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

trbow,

Having again spewed your invective, do you have any SUBSTANTIVE comment to make?

Surely, you can think of SOMETHING that does not reek of ad hominem.

Peace

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

of course while excoriating others, he conveniently ignores a factual post, while imploring other to use only facts.  Nice to be able to cherry pick instead of answering a with a real dialogue

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Just calling it like I see it putt. 
    also:
    Your sig is self-centered, inconsiderate, elongated, too long: fact.
    You are the timon of boston.com: fact
    You are quite angry and resentful towards the school: fact
    You post mostly opinion pieces (as blurted out about the big east topic) and don't openly discuss alternate views with proven sources: fact

Despite all that, you do contribute...though sometimes, ad hominem as you say is pertinent to the point being made, which it was in your case. Still:
    welcome back putt.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Were I the ACC Commish, I'd request copies of Leahy's phone logs.

Why?

To be sure he ain't makin/takin any calls to/from 401 244 3278.

Peace.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from commander007. Show commander007's posts

[QUOTE]Were I the ACC Commish, I'd request copies of Leahy's phone logs. Why? To be sure he ain't makin/takin any calls to/from 401 244 3278. Peace.
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

What point are you trying to prove? I am pretty certain that logical thinking people on this post could care less about Leahey's phone logs.

I found out pretty quick that trying to engage you in a sensible conversation is infinitely futile. Dealing with someone who constantly presents a negative agenda is nothing more than a total waste of time & energy.

Regardless of facts presented by others, you have a history of completely ignoring correct information if it counteracts your veiwpoint.

In the meantime, I will continue to be amused by some of your rants and also by the inolvement of a few Clowns on this post, who I notice always seem to cover your back by responding to people who call you out.