BC Basketball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

BC Basketball

Is it just me, or is anyone else actually excited for this new team? It's all young kids, no expectations for too much success, but it'll be fun to see these guys grow and develop together. Maybe it's just me, but I'm more excited than I've been since Dudley left.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: BC Basketball

I agree.  It's a brand new start.  They will struggle this season, but I think this is the beginning of a new run of BC hoops....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenneyc. Show kenneyc's posts

Ditto...Coach has all sorts of combinations. Have tx for the BC/Prov game and really looking forward to it..A s others ave indicated, they are a young and should be interesting tea m

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Q & A; When does BC start playing a ranked opponent? "Well sir, I believe sir, we are in our 4th rebuilding year, and teams like Michigan State, Kansas, Kentucky UNC, Duke, Syracuse & UCONN in these tip off Super Classics at MSG, and  on Naval Aircraft Carriers are not our cup of tea. Bryant, UNH and UMASS, Holy Cross, and PC presents' our greatest challange here in New England".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Ahh...the UNDqueen raises another stink.  What a f'n surprise.

As for the team, it will be fun to watch against the schedule & ACC fodder, but there will be some painful teaching moments for the coach.  I hope they win 15. I predict they win 12.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

This team has a ways to go but I think there are at least 3 and possibly 5 real good ACC players on this team.  Yes, they are young.  Yes, they will lose a lot - sometimes because they are outgunned and sometimes because they are so inexperienced.  But, I think we have a solid coach in place, a guy who seems to work his butt off and who just naturally makes people believe.  I think the near term future is is 10 to 11 wins, 500 next year and a top 3 ACC tean the following year.      

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Nice seeing a homegrown big man Clifford stay in Boston. It will be fun too watch him get better as he progresses.

PS. All I have to say to ND basketball fans is "Danny Ainge"!Tongue Out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In Response to Re: BC Basketball:
    [QUOTE]Q & A; When does BC start playing a ranked opponent? " Well sir, I believe sir, we are in our 4th rebuilding year, and teams like Michigan State, Kansas, Kentucky UNC, Duke, Syracuse & UCONN in these tip off Super Classics at MSG, and  on Naval Aircraft Carriers are not our cup of tea. Bryant, UNH and UMASS, Holy Cross, and PC presents' our greatest challange here in New England".
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

You're better off copying and pasting from the south bend tribune. When you try to present original thoughts you always fail miserably.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]BC is going to have their hands full on Monday.  Doesn't happen often, but I think I'll be savoring a UMass victory for a change.  Among your problems will be a 5-6 midget named Chaz.  Laugh at your own peril.  Plenty of size around him too.   Be patient with your new coach and that roster of newbies,  in time they'll be fine.  Wish you'd put all the bozos on ignore, once you've tried it you won't go back.  Haven't seen anything but 'posts from bozo (whr for instance) are hidden'.  It's a good thing.  Enough of you get on the wagon and you'll starve him of the attention he so desperately craves and doesn't know how to get in any other way.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]
    Slim, UMass should win the game this year...by at least 15.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celts86. Show Celts86's posts

BC gets smoked by Holy Cross (22 points).  HC is a better, deeper team with three good bigs and a great 2 guard.  Harvard easily beats Holy Cross (by 9) and is deeper and better than HC.  U Conn is still best mens bball team in New England.  Harvard is clearly 2nd and will smoke BC.  Harvard would  beat PC and UVM if they played them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

I'm a BC fan (or why be on this site), however the mens program is in shambles,, Skinner didn't get a good recruit his last 3 years and BC is paying the price.... They have NO returning players???? That's unacceptable...  I have no idea  how Donahue will do, but he needs at least this season to teach, and recruit.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

They also play nobodies!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]They also play nobodies!
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

Correct, uconn does play a bunch of nobodies - Columbia, Wagner, Coppin State, Maine, Fairfiled etc

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Basketball : Correct, uconn does play a bunch of nobodies - Columbia, Wagner, Coppin State, Maine, Fairfiled etc
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

University of Connecticut National Champions Pennant

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Basketball : Correct, uconn does play a bunch of nobodies - Columbia, Wagner, Coppin State, Maine, Fairfiled etc
    Posted by ScreenNameGoesHere[/QUOTE]

Like those apples Mr. ZERO POINT ZERO PROVPATS! Great South Bend excursion for the ol' Ever to Lose ...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Minutemen429. Show Minutemen429's posts

[QUOTE] I'm a BC fan (or why be on this site), however the mens program is in shambles,, Skinner didn't get a good recruit his last 3 years and BC is paying the price.... They have NO returning players???? That's unacceptable...  I have no idea  how Donahue will do, but he needs at least this season to teach, and recruit.
    Posted by bodacious[/QUOTE]

That’s a bit condescending, I thought there was more than one school that had graduates in the region.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bodacious. Show bodacious's posts

Sorry, what is condescending?

25. This post has been removed.