BC Basketball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: BC Basketball

...and in light of today's BU debacle, I should probably re-think that 12 win prediction...this season could be the most painful on record.  Let the haters sharpen their boots.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

Has Bumbles College reached .700% losing average in all sports for this season?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

WOW Boston University... can't imagine if they played a ranked team? perhaps we can bring in the Durfee High Boys to give these cup cakes a run for the money?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: BC Basketball:
    [QUOTE]...and in light of today's BU debacle, I should probably re-think that 12 win prediction...this season could be the most painful on record.  Let the haters sharpen their boots.
    Posted by trbow[/QUOTE]

There already sharpened .... bad to kick a dead man when he's down! BC will be dead for a long time as Donahue's  Ivy League rah rah rah time in the Sun has all but expired!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from neobserver. Show neobserver's posts

BC will be back. Good coach with a track record. You don't win in D-1 with freshmen unless you're One & Done Kentucky and its sleazy coaching parade. Patience is not a virtue with the new ADHD generation.  Frankly, this hire is the only thing this AD has ever done right.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Basketball : Momort sounds like you may be Gene Delipped out/Spaz or Donahue!  I do appreciate the simplicity of putting your head in the sand and not acknowledging BC's plummet to the depths of college sports.  I bet the economy is doing fantastic and we should give Obama a chance also?
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

How have I not acknowledged BC's terrible football season?  Please tell me.  They stink and it's time for Spaz to go.  Gene D as well.  However, your "plummet to the depths of college sports..." quote?  Again, you and most boston people love their absolutes.  BC hoops just missed the tourney last year.  Hardly the depths of sports.  This year they are starting over....with 9 freshman.  With the knowledge that BC doesn't and will never, no matter who is coach, get the type of freshman to come and and be very good right away, why would you be freaking out?  Why are you down on a coach who just got here and has only had 1 recruiting class?  Explain yourself....

And yes, I think we should give Obama more time.  It's not his fault no one will hire you.

You sound an awful lot like that loser nut job LP that used to annoy the heck out of everyone....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]BC will be back. Good coach with a track record. You don't win in D-1 with freshmen unless you're One & Done Kentucky and its sleazy coaching parade. Patience is not a virtue with the new ADHD generation.  Frankly, this hire is the only thing this AD has ever done right.
    Posted by neobserver[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the typical BC "whr troll" shuck full of excuses everybody's slezzy but BC an their inepnessin Division 1 athletics!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I went to the game on Saturday.  BC is really, really bad.  Really bad.  I'd be surprised if they win a single conference game.

BU, on the other hand, looked exciting.  With a new coach and the loss of the America East player of the year, I thought that BU would look bad.  But they actually look really good.

The Terriers can score.  Gone are the days when they focus on defensive.  Gone are the days where they pass and pass and pass until the clock runs out and they have to force it.  If they've got the shot, they'll take it.  This makes a lot of sense because while they may out defense teams in the America East, they aren't going to win too many non-conference games playing like that.

BC was just terrible.  Can't shoot.  Can't play transition D. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Basketball :
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

UCONN = +3
    BC = never ever in a Final Four.

Ice Hockey, is a different story.

Al Skinner was MIA on the recruiting trails.

LAZY ELVIS.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Why is it news that a BC team with a new coach, 9 freshmen and a transfer is terrible.  Didn't everyone know this was going to happen.  They are starting over from scratch.  Who cares about wins and losses.  What we need to see is development and improvement over the course of the year....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

I agree.  The extent of the struggles is much greater than anticipated.  Despite this, I think Donahue should be given time to rebuild the team to fit the style of play he wants.  At this point, he's simultaneously training 11 players which must make for some extensive practices. Still, I'd expect some improvement by 1/2 way or 3/4's of the way in, so that at least a few low hangers are picked off late in the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I see where you two are coming from, I'm almost closing my eyes still.  I see players with some obvious skill, but it's not at the level needed.  And rememeber, many of these guys would be fine if they had some solid vets to shield them.  But they have no one.  Not one single guy who has any real Div I college basketball experience.  so there is no where to hide.  There is no JYD/Craig Smith to take lead role while Rice learns as a frosh.  There is no Rice to lead the way while Reggie Jackson figures it out.  Right?  That's why they are so bad.  They all went from high school to college with no one to show them the way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I'm surprised Donahue couldn't find some decent juco players to protect the freshmen. And by "protect" I mean protect the freshmen from criticism from the media, alumni, students.  It's one thing to be a young sub on a bad team - at least then you can point to the older guys and say it's their fault. But if you're starting and the team is bad, that comes back to you.

Good game this weekend - BU Vs. Harvard. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]I'm surprised Donahue couldn't find some decent juco players to protect the freshmen. And by "protect" I mean protect the freshmen from criticism from the media, alumni, students.  It's one thing to be a young sub on a bad team - at least then you can point to the older guys and say it's their fault. But if you're starting and the team is bad, that comes back to you. Good game this weekend - BU Vs. Harvard. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Good game tonight bro UCONN/Harvard & it will be a blow out!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]I'm surprised Donahue couldn't find some decent juco players to protect the freshmen. And by "protect" I mean protect the freshmen from criticism from the media, alumni, students.  It's one thing to be a young sub on a bad team - at least then you can point to the older guys and say it's their fault. But if you're starting and the team is bad, that comes back to you. Good game this weekend - BU Vs. Harvard. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

I agree, and that's exactly what I am saying.  But it's not that big a deal to me.  If these frosh are worth anything this season will end up being very valuable.  Then again, I said the same thing about last seasons football team and all the frosh/sophs playing.  I neglected the fact that we have a coaching staff running the offense as if it's 1942.....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

A couple of JC transfers would have helped that's for sure.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cp77. Show cp77's posts

Sacred Heart's hockey team scored a great win over highly-ranked Yale(after going 0-11!), so its hoop team could well follow suit.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

if you have not been there  the University will impress you as it's a eye opener. It's a great school and very $$$$$$$!