BC Hockey Wins Again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: BC Hockey Wins Again

In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : UML/Tsongas Center stupid isn't owned by the University, it's owned by the City of Lowell! In a impoverished area known as Pawketville/Acre Bernie Lynch, City Manager hosed UML for minimum guaranteed attendance in revenue bonding, win or lose, the Lowell treasury get's it from your State taxpayer $$$$ Wrong again, please go find some education! "Hockey Least" has been a joke in the NCAA, putiing UML up against Union College where it got blitzed... never mind putting any of the teams up against the WCHA or CCHA ...  
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]
    Your post is typical nonsense. The last time I checked, UMass Lowell was a state university. It doesn't "own" anything. And the area of Lowell you're referring to is Pawtucketville, not Pawketville. Time you put the bottle away for the night.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Conferences represented in frozen four

Hockey East Boston College
    CCHA Ferris State
    ECAC Union
    WCHA Minnesota

pretty good distribution among power conferences

BC smokes WCHA representative UMD 4-0, playing like the overall #1 seed should

BTW 5 frozen four appearences in 7 years for BC

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]EXTRODINARY! HE'S BACK for the Masters! "An event like No other"
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]
    And Tiger is a huge BC hockey fan, too! When he misses the cut at the Masters, he can scoot down to Tampa to catch the hockey action.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Just sayin ..... BC played a helluva game. Enough said!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigMike67. Show BigMike67's posts

Average against AF, but against UM-D it was the best game I have seen them play this year. Goalie and defense played very well against a team that was the highest scoring in the nation. A really good effort, except for the 6 straight minues of penalties in the 3rd. Dumb stuff there.

I thought UMass-Lowell looked really quick against Miami, and then kind of got tired at the end, but pulled it out. They definitely did not look as quick against Union, and a Union thug, Welsh, got away with several hits that in other games would have been Game Misconducts. Talented, but a thug. And then, with the pressure on at the end, the linesman blows a clear off-side on the empty netter. Reviewed, but not reversed. WTH is with that?  Clearly off-side, not even close. Was pulling for them. BU just got too many penalties to gain any momentum. Too bad, but that is the way their season seems to have gone. Penalty minutes...penalty minutes. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Just wishing Jerry York could coach football too...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

A loud "boo" to the legion of BC "fans" and Worcester area residents who didn't show up - Then, again, maybe I should thank them for the chance to get damn good seats at short notice!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

The Commonwealth of Kentucky is ecstatic, in the first time appearance, where two great Kentucky Univerities are competing for the NCAA National Championship. I have never seen an event take precedence and looms larger than the  upcoming Derby capture more attention in this basketball crazed  State. Rick Petino, and John Calapari again, and again have put the Bluegrass State where undoubtably belongs at the pinnacle of college basketball.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Where is UNDQueen now?  We took care of all those "studs" on Minn Delouth.  17 game win streak and a 150 minute shutout streak heading into the frozen four while ND hockey players are playing video games...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]The Commonwealth of Kentucky is ecstatic, in the first time appearance, where two great Kentucky Univerities are competing for the NCAA National Championship. I have never seen an event take precedence and looms larger than the  upcoming Derby capture more attention in this basketball crazed  State. Rick Petino, and John Calapari again, and again have put the Bluegrass State where undoubtably belongs at the pinnacle of college basketball.  
    Posted by 82ndAB[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree that these are great days to be in the Bluegrass - my first "bigtime" college BB game was at UL in 1965 - later go to the Fieldhouse to see Coach Rupp lead the Wildcats .. then later was a UMASS season ticket holder for the days of Erving, Pitino, Cal, et al. Either way, I'll be a winner (and brokenhearted, too)!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : Gotta agree that these are great days to be in the Bluegrass - my first "bigtime" college BB game was at UL in 1965 - later go to the Fieldhouse to see Coach Rupp lead the Wildcats .. then later was a UMASS season ticket holder for the days of Erving, Pitino, Cal, et al. Either way, I'll be a winner (and brokenhearted, too)!
    Posted by LOTHAR43[/QUOTE]

You forget Denny Crum, a true Basketball gem, ever more prolific than the great Ralph Miller, another coach’s coach. In Kentucky, the mint juleps’ will be flowing a little early, as the magnolia are out in full bloom, but it's Kentucky and it's basketball in State which yearns for  another National Championship. The Cardinals are of course underdogs, as Big Blue is big Blue, and the Cardinal are the black sheep, but with Rick Pitino, it's wisdom versus youth, an upstart versus a legend, and Louisville is our biggest City where the press has taken aim at Lexington, our fair lady. Seems to me the Celtics had a Louisville product named Purvis Ellison, and now mind you he and Coach Rick did not see eye ball to eye ball!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]A loud "boo" to the legion of BC "fans" and Worcester area residents who didn't show up - Then, again, maybe I should thank them for the chance to get damn good seats at short notice!

What a great point by LO.  I attended both days, and so disappointing for the hockey team's success to be taken for granted at the school, the student body especially so under represented, and the alumni turn out was worse than anticipated.  It was much better (but not great) last time through Worcester.  I think I saw more Maine fans than BC fans.

On the Kentucky discussion, it will be a huge and fanatical weekend for them, good luck to both teams. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]A loud "boo" to the legion of BC "fans" and Worcester area residents who didn't show up - Then, again, maybe I should thank them for the chance to get damn good seats at short notice!

More than a loud BOO, yell, holler, scream, pathetic BC support! Loved D&C calling out Anson Carter thought he was on Zanex, or partying with Bobby Jenks' on his lack luster commentary on a sport no one gives a rats' a** about!

At the Xcel energy Center, I heard they had a 2 for 1 night, and dragged in stiffs for a little of that 3.2 St. Paul's HAMS Beer, it surely wasn't St. Pauli Girl!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

well they wouldn't first off because Ellis was 6'9" while Pitino is 6'2"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

Did BC offer an transport to the students? did they push for support? or did they do the old BC 'let them beg' ...BC does not even have a radio station for a potential national champion.....local support is great for BC ( a leader in attendance)...but it no thanks to the Fenway group that runs BC.....they broadcast f/ball on EEI and they never mention the school or the game (except to make fun of the Jesuits)......could the folks running the BCAA get their heads out of the sand and look around?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

i agree that the attendance wasnt great, but i mean come on. as a BC student, HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO GET ALL THE WAY TO WORCESTER AND BACK FOR AN 8PM SUNDAY NIGHT GAME?? atrocious scheduling. i wouldve loved to go, but school does come first. know many students who wouldve loved to go. we got shafted

tmathuna: what do you mean that BC gets great local support? Newton/Boston fights us everytime we plan to build anything on campus. dont even get me started on tailgating. the neighbors screw us over so bad on that, its sad how it has a negative effect on the gameday experience.

WEEI sucks. i have very little respect for the globe either. do the minimum in covering BC sports; the only top-tier college athletic program in boston area. i have respect for the other college hockey programs around here, BC has no business in having more coverage than the others in that area (probably an exception as of late because of the frozen four appearances). but i mean, come on! at least get some sort of Globe run blog for BC football and BBall!! yeah, they suck now, but they wont forever

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chitown chicity. Show chitown chicity's posts

i mean, its hard to get pumped when theres absolutely no local media excitement or support

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : You forget Denny Crum, a true Basketball gem, ever more prolific than the great Ralph Miller, another coach’s coach. In Kentucky, the mint juleps’ will be flowing a little early, as the magnolia are out in full bloom, but it's Kentucky and it's basketball in State which yearns for   another National Championship. The Cardinals are of course underdogs, as Big Blue is big Blue, and the Cardinal are the black sheep, but with Rick Pitino, it's wisdom versus youth, an upstart versus a legend, and Louisville is our biggest City where the press has taken aim at Lexington, our fair lady. Seems to me the Celtics had a Louisville product named Purvis Ellison, and now mind you he and Coach Rick did not see eye ball to eye ball!
    Posted by 82ndAB[/QUOTE]
    Sorry to leave Denny out - got to shake hands with him when UL played UMass in Worcester.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sterlippo. Show sterlippo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BC Hockey Wins Again : UML/Tsongas Center stupid isn't owned by the University, it's owned by the City of Lowell! In a impoverished area known as Pawketville/Acre Bernie Lynch, City Manager hosed UML for minimum guaranteed attendance in revenue bonding, win or lose, the Lowell treasury get's it from your State taxpayer $$$$ Wrong again, please go find some education! "Hockey Least" has been a joke in the NCAA, putiing UML up against Union College where it got blitzed... never mind putting any of the teams up against the WCHA or CCHA ...  
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

you aren't as smart as you think you are, UML bought Tsongas from the city for $1 some time ago

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]i agree that the attendance wasnt great, but i mean come on. as a BC student, HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO GET ALL THE WAY TO WORCESTER AND BACK FOR AN 8PM SUNDAY NIGHT GAME?? atrocious scheduling. i wouldve loved to go, but school does come first. know many students who wouldve loved to go. we got shafted tmathuna: what do you mean that BC gets great local support? Newton/Boston fights us everytime we plan to build anything on campus. dont even get me started on tailgating. the neighbors screw us over so bad on that, its sad how it has a negative effect on the gameday experience. WEEI sucks. i have very little respect for the globe either. do the minimum in covering BC sports; the only top-tier college athletic program in boston area. i have respect for the other college hockey programs around here, BC has no business in having more coverage than the others in that area (probably an exception as of late because of the frozen four appearances). but i mean, come on! at least get some sort of Globe run blog for BC football and BBall!! yeah, they suck now, but they wont forever
    Posted by chitown chicity[/QUOTE]

I appreciate the spirit but disagree with some of these premises.

The Globe supports BC better than it needs to.  The school gets a beat reporter for all major sports, and in general gets better column size and placement than any other institution around...this as confirmed by the many haters on forums.

As for students getting to the game, Sunday night may have been a challenge due to Monday classes, but what of 4pm on a Saturday, a game known about all week?  Unless things have changed, many students do have vehicles.  And if BC does nothing to help transport students back and forth to Worcester, then you're right, the athletic and development depts should be held accountable.  What's the point of having a local placement in the regionals if nobody shows up?

This is not taking pressure of the alumni assoc for not promoting and pushing for attendance locally, inexcusable.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I was at the game on saturday and saw the BC kids board buses to go back to campus.  No they were not luxury cruisers but there were buses

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

[QUOTE]I was at the game on saturday and saw the BC kids board buses to go back to campus.  No they were not luxury cruisers but there were buses
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

I hadn't seen them.  If so, that makes the attendance issue a larger discussion on campus.