Class - and No Class

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Class - and No Class

Two first year coaches have succeeded beyond expectation based on talent recruited by their fired predecessors.

One of those coaches brought his team up to Number 15 in the nation, and has restored enthusiasm to the program.

That coach has gone on TV after a game to publicly praise his predecessor - by name - for recruiting the talent that produced this banner year.

That coach is Steve Lavin of St. John's.

The other coach has not said a word about the job his predecessor did in stocking this team with the talent it has.

Can you guess the identity of the second coach?

HINT: Though his only prior head coaching experience was 10 years in the Ivy League, and though his current staff consists only of Ivy League coaching veterans, he has lost to every Ivy opponent he has faced at his present school.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Re: Class - and No Class

Chums,

No, no misanthrope here - but I am glad that you looked up that word.

Nor are there any 401K contributions in this corner from The Gang of Two. Conscience would not permit that to be accepted.

How touchy we are, even when a simple fact that ruffles your super-sensitivity about anything party line at The Institute surfaces.

Coach Lavin DID show considerable class by lauding Norm Roberts, who, like Coach Skinner, was the first black men's hoops coach at his school.

Stevie Wonder did not.

Period.

Congrats to Coach Lavin for showing the gracious way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Wait, did you delete the other posts?  I think you did.  HA, you are such a tiny tiny man.  You'd be a good dictator though and see to have the same mindset. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

ok I will just say the same thing again.  YOU do not know everything that SD has said this year; you saw a blurb on ESPN either after the game or on SC.  YOU do not know what has and has not been said the entire year or if it was said whether it was picked up by the media. 

Another correction:  You have not heard SD say anything about complimenting Al and the seniors.  That is how it stands.

And you are a loser in deleting the first post when once again the facts elude you and as usual you fail to do the proper research.

And while on the subject of conscience, you should develop one in regard to SD; he has done nothing to earn your emnity.  And by the way his over all record is 146-138 at Cornell with a 78-62 conference record; he may have had 6 losing seasons but has a better than .500 record that has only gotten better this year.  If I said Al had a 36 % losing season record that would be accurate but would it be fair considering his overall winning % of .570?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: Class - and No Class:
    [QUOTE]ok I will just say the same thing again.  YOU do not know everything that SD has said this year; you saw a blurb on ESPN either after the game or on SC.  YOU do not know what has and has not been said the entire year or if it was said whether it was picked up by the media.  Another correction:  You have not heard SD say anything about complimenting Al and the seniors.  That is how it stands. And you are a loser in deleting the first post when once again the facts elude you and as usual you fail to do the proper research. And while on the subject of conscience, you should develop one in regard to SD; he has done nothing to earn your emnity.  And by the way his over all record is 146-138 at Cornell with a 78-62 conference record; he may have had 6 losing seasons but has a better than .500 record that has only gotten better this year.  If I said Al had a 36 % losing season record that would be accurate but would it be fair considering his overall winning % of .570?
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

BC EMBARRASSED! And all is lost in the blink of an Eye!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Kudos to the Clemson Tigers in not only embarrasing BC but putting the proverbial nail in the coffin to an unexciting team, coach and fan base in 2011!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Did little putter delete my post?  I didn't know you could do that?  Well, life in forum-land is getting surley...Use a word that casuses him to look it up, and he acuses you of looking it up....Call him out on the retirement plan that gets matched on a regular basis by his gang of two, and he deletes it.

Well, at least we can be glad that BC played so badly against Clemson, so the holier than sheen trinity known as LP, undkingofwhat & cheerihodoggietstyle can have a good weekend, not beat the pets, and maybe move on with their lives.

But li'l putter, that's a pretty limp trait to delete posts that don't agree with you.

At the same time, you are right, Lavin mentioned the prior coach, Donahue did not.  Make sure you note this over and over again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

[QUOTE]Kudos to the Clemson Tigers in not only embarrasing BC but putting the proverbial nail in the coffin to an unexciting team, coach and fan base in 2011!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

The women's BC B/ball team would have given Clemson a better game...PITIFUL!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

provpats,

I've showed you the class that Coach Lavin has.

If you can show that Stevie Wonder publicly praised Coach Skinner, I'll cede the point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]provpats, I've showed you the class that Coach Lavin has. If you can show that Stevie Wonder publicly praised Coach Skinner, I'll cede the point.
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

Here's a point for you, WHO CARES!  You are fishing and fishing to come up with reasons to hate Steve D.  You have settled on never hearing Steve D thanking Al for falling asleep the last 3 seasons and not recruiting....

So I will cede your point.  Lavin is a wonderful man who may one day become a Saint because he thanked his prior coach and you happened to see it.  Steve D is evil and is going to hell because he hasn't publicly kissed the A of the former coach. 

Happy now?

Cripes, what a stupid argurment to make......are you that bored?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAS881. Show CHAS881's posts

[QUOTE]Kudos to the Clemson Tigers in not only embarrasing BC but putting the proverbial nail in the coffin to an unexciting team, coach and fan base in 2011!
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

After UConn, who will get next best seed of New England teams, Harvard or BU?
    Harvard win over Bloviate College not that impressive anymore.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

you asking for documentation is pretty rich after all your ad hominem attacks on people; I do not know either what SD has or has not said.  Steve Lavin saying what he said is great; my point is that you do not know if SD has or has not said a similar thing pure and simple

and what about deleting the OP?  Do you have any justification for your craven cowardice?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Troll nation is a little humbled Zero point Zero the last two years without a Dance  invite! As long as Coach K, and Roy Williams are in command of the ACC, BC will always be second fiddle and in the background in Tobacco Row! Trolls need to realize by their humilation in yesterday's performance in Coaching, and BB talent it's a good omen. Fortunately, BC is not in the Big East Tourney locking horns with the UCONN Huskies, UND Irish, to say the least, PITT, Villanova, and the 'Cuse! Smile trolls enjoy Blaudschun's off season columns, relax, chill out on BC Spring Football, BC award winning ACC Baseball, as it starts all over in the Fall and whr be (ah) watching with the Longputter !
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

Awesome, so glad you will be watching, I was worried you wouldn't be.  you know, how can BC not have the dude who is too chicken sh*t let his own rooting interests be know  not be watching?  That would just be awful...

HEY EVERYONE, DON'T WORRY, WE ARE GOOD, WHR IS GOING TO BE WATCHING, ALL IS OK NOW...PHEW...