Coach Donahue apology thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Coach Donahue apology thread

BC men's hoops wins again, beating Maryland!

All you folks who thought that hiring Coach Donahue was a terrible move, please feel free to post your apologies here.

LP, I am expecting a very long post detailing how your bias against BC blinded you to what was a very solid hire.

And please refrain from talking about how he is doing a good job wtih "Al's guys". His incoming recruiting class is already ranked one of the Top 20 in the country.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: Coach Donahue apology thread

Wait a quick moment.  Fairfield is not a better program than BC.  And while Baylor is currrently a better team, this is the first time they've been relevant on a national scale.  That said, fat boy Rav is never ever going to actually play any real minutes at OSU.

LP, still won't shorten your profile, huh?  Too spiteful to do us all a favor and make reading these blogs easier and more enjoyable?  Even during the Holiday season?  Or is that when you are most spiteful?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Re: Coach Donahue apology thread:
    [QUOTE]Somewhere back in the archives, I had a discussion/exchange with the crazy guy here...Posted by flypt[/QUOTE]

LP, this is how the world looks at you:

"That crazy guy"

You are the greatest resource for the Pro-BC, Pro-Fr. Leahy crowd there could be, because they look at you declare:

"That crazy guy".

You are the face of the anti-BC crowd. And people with no dog in the fight look at you and are repelled.

Thank you for driving moderates and sensible people into the pro-BC camp.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

Was n't there a TV show starring LP, "The Biggest Loser"?  If he could ever get his head out of his backside he might be able to see that Skinner couldn't coach!  And his claim that "Al's players" are now experienced?  Except for Jackson and Elmore, who were sophomores last year, the others were juniors!  That's plenty of experience.  What they were lacking was coaching!   Oh, by the way, Skinner had no freshman because he didn't recruit anyone the year before.  The reason Skinner did not get hired by St. John's, Depaul or Clemson is because the ADs saw what was evident to everyone but LP: he's a terrible coach! Please, LP, go crawl into your hole and stay there.  Your rants are so stupid, incompetent and nonsensical that you should consider returning your diploma to BC since you have such hatred of the place and it's really pathetic that such a fool would be awarded one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"2. Charge $75 for parking?

3. Make hot dogs $20 each, and sodas $25?

4. Charge a uniform ticket price of $500 per seat per game?"

Jeremy Jacobs already does that to New England hockey fans so no need for that LP.

LP, Why did or didn't the "flex offense" hinder the Eagles last year ?

Why did it help this years Eagles to be told it's ok to shoot three pointers ?

How come did Steve Donahue come up with two 16 point games out of Josh Southern ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I think I posted it somewhere else, but I heard that Biko lost over 20 lbs this offseaon.  I mean, if that doesn't tell you all you need to know about how lax Skinner had become, I don't what will.  And think about it, the other two "softer" players left as well in Sanders and Rav.  I know SD came in and was flabbergasted by the type of shape these guys where in and started working on fixing that.  One guy, Biko, stepped up.  Another 2 said no way and left.

Listen, Skinner was a good coach, but thats all he did, coach.  He didn't discipline, recruit or hold his guys accountable and it caught up with him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Lads,

Fairfield contends for its conference title.

Does alma mater?

If OSU Coach Matta feels that Ravenel can contribute to the Buckeye program, I'll yield to that proven judge of talent. Why would he waste a scholarship?  Duh

The reality is that the 3 transfers from last year's team would have helped this club, but they saw the light and moved to better programs. Let's see what breaks when they become eligible next season.

If y'all are depending on three-point shooting to carry this team, you don't know hoops. What title team lived and died on that?  You must have a strong inside game, as well as the ability to drive and draw fouls.  

My point: don't be suckered into thinking this team will glide on the trey. Just does not happen on a season-long basis in college ball.

And as for the suggested increases I posted, why would y'all not be willing to step up to the plate to help pay for the $3.3 MILLION dollar payment the eminent AD caused BCI (nee BC) to incur for this and the next two years?
    C'mon, share the pain, folks! Don't your loyalty to alma mater require that?

Finally, yes, momort, Al did not recruit. Those kids who are carrying this team just flew to Boston, enrolled here, and walked into Conte and asked for a uniform, did they not?

And just whom did Stevie Wonder bring here who is of note?  The two non-walkons who play are hardly world beaters.

Peace.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I will continue to ask until you do the decent thing and shorten your profile.  LP, for the sake of us all, please shorten it.

Fairfield's conference is garbage.  so what if they contend, it's a conference that yields zero nat'l title contenders each year and will never ever have one. 

Time will tell how Ravenel does at OSU and only time will tell.  However, I am willing to make a friendly bet that by this time next season he's not even on the team and if he is, he will not be playing very much. 

To say that Skinner was recruiting well his last couple of years is just dumb.  Aside from Reggie Jackson he didn't bring in one legit player would could play for a top 10 team.  I mean, you are the only one who actually agrues this.  Al's top assistants did all of his recruiting, this was well known.  They all left and his record the last couple of years shows what happened.  That said, SD has done a very good job of getting more out of these guys than Al did (and remember, I was an Al fan).  Again though, time will tell on how well SD does.  The name of the game is recruiting, if you can't do that you can't win.

Funny you said that they flew to boston and asked for a uni though.  Actually, one of they guys playing minutes was asked by SD to walk on while playing ball in the plex.  Another is from Dorchester who played baseball and decided to try basketball.  And a couple of others playing real minute he was able to pry away at the last mintues from lower schools.  He didn't have time to recruit for real so he had to paste together a team.  Sanders and Rav left because they were told they were going to have to get in shape and abide by team rules.  So they fled....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailboat. Show sailboat's posts

The always clueless (a movie title named for him) LP will be telling us how his hero Al Skinner is undefeated this season.  And we can vouch that he will be undefeated next season, and the season after that, and the season after that, and the season after that, and the season after that ....  And Kevin Noreen, an Al recruit, is sure racking up the playing time minutes in beautiful Morgantown, WV

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Evan Ravenel 3.3PPG at OSU, Rakim Sanders 11.3 PPG in Fairfield, Shamari Spears Charlotte overall 5-6 record. Boy I really do miss Al's kids with all their monumental contributions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Shamari Spears actually got kicked off the basketball team if not kicked out of school late this week.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://realtimerpi.com/ncaab/Men.html

11th in power rankings 38th in strength of schedule not bad at all Laughing