Coach of Pitt fired

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Coach of Pitt fired

Pitt just fired Dave Wannsted a coach who brought his teams to BCS bowls, had a winning season, going to a bowl and actually were co-champs of their conference.

I won't hold my breath waiting for LP to voice his outrage. It is only outrageous when BC fires coaches, right LP? No other school would ever fire a coach with a winning record, would they? Perhaps Pitt is now the "Behead Coaching Institute", now? In basketball they fired Paul Evans and Ralph Willard?

I won't hold my breath.

I also won't hold my breath over LP's take on the Big East taking TCU.

When BC leaves for the ACC, that is unethical according to LP.

When the Big East raids the WAC to take TCU, LP's take is: ho hum.

One standard for BC, different one for everyone else.

Haven't been able to find that mythical ESPN Top Ten list that shows BC with two of the greatest sports scandals, have you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Re: Coach of Pitt fired

I agree that LP is a disingenuous and mischievous poster, and I can't stand his signature line of drivel.  But, Wannsted resigned:

http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120710aaa.html

Now true, he may have been nudged to take a graceful step, but still, he resigned and was assigned elswhere for a golden chute drop courtesy of UofPitt. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

In Response to Coach of Pitt fired:
    [QUOTE]Pitt just fired Dave Wannsted a coach who brought his teams to BCS bowls, had a winning season, going to a bowl and actually were co-champs of their conference. I won't hold my breath waiting for LP to voice his outrage. It is only outrageous when BC fires coaches, right LP? No other school would ever fire a coach with a winning record, would they? Perhaps Pitt is now the "Behead Coaching Institute", now? In basketball they fired Paul Evans and Ralph Willard? I won't hold my breath. I also won't hold my breath over LP's take on the Big East taking TCU. When BC leaves for the ACC, that is unethical according to LP. When the Big East raids the WAC to take TCU, LP's take is: ho hum. One standard for BC, different one for everyone else. Haven't been able to find that mythical ESPN Top Ten list that shows BC with two of the greatest sports scandals, have you?
    Posted by JamesGatz1[/QUOTE]

Gatzie,

Did TCU lie to anyone about their move to the Big East?

The Gang of Two did.

And Pitt did not lie about how Dave left, did it? 

We call it R E S I G N A T I O N. The only one at Behead Coaches Institute who got to do that was Tom O'Brien - smart fellow, he.

Facts DO make a difference some time.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

BC did not lie to anyone about leaving the Big East.

Of all the things you say, this is one of the most easily provable as untrue as the minutes of the 2003 meeting are online!

Bill Leahy indicates that that he never felt the BIG EAST had a commitment to excellence and, further it had difficulty in balancing the basketball/football issues. If people within the room at some point feel uncomfortable about the direction of the league and, secondly, is presented with an attractive alternative, they would pay the $5M penalty and give the 27-month notice.

http://www.bigeastboards.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=5159&sid=58afcfb817c75922bd1e267c01b6b747

How is that lying? He said they were thinking about leaving. He never said they would stay in the Big East.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_NCAA_conference_realignment#Big_East_Conference

On Oct. 1, the Big East subcommittee working on reorganizing the conference met in Newark, and I told the group that given stories in the press and because of my continued unhappiness with the proposed league structure, I intended to find out if the ACC was in fact interested in BC, and then make a decision. I also said that I realized the Big East needed to know soon about BC's status so that the Conference could complete restructuring plans for action at the Nov. 4 meeting of league presidents.

http://www.bc.edu/bc_org/rvp/pubaf/chronicle/v12/o17/qa.html

Please tell me where the "lie" is?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Reason 1,234,652 why calling BC the "Behead Coaches Istitute" is beyond absurd: high turnover in college coaches is the norm.

Here is one author's take on the ACC coaching carousel before BC was part of the league:

The recent spate of coaching changes has absolutely nothing to do with the number of teams in the league or an increased emphasis on football because of the addition of traditional gridiron schools Virginia Tech, Miami and Boston College.

It’s actually par for the course.

In the six-year period immediately preceding expansion (1998-2003), there were 10 coaching changes among eight schools. With Friedgen’s firing, there have now been 12 changes among 10 schools.

The only two years in which at least one football job didn’t come open in the ACC were the first two years after it expanded, 2004-05.

http://acc.blogs.starnewsonline.com/19011/dont-blame-acc-coaching-carousel-on-expansion/?pa=1&tc=pg

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Valiant (if desperate) try, Gatzie, but the verdict has long been in:

Under Dear Leader, The Institute has become a Coaching Graveyard - unless, of course, the coach is alert enough to emulate Tom O'Brien and bail on these two phoneys before the beheading occurs.

But don't let this keep you from defending the morally indefensible.

And Merry Christmas, by the bye.

Enjoy the trip to San Francisco: You ARE going, of course, are you not?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

In Response to Re: Coach of Pitt fired:
    [QUOTE]Valiant (if desperate) try, Gatzie , but the verdict has long been in: Under Dear Leader, The Institute has become a Coaching Graveyard - unless, of course, the coach is alert enough to emulate Tom O'Brien and bail on these two phoneys before the beheading occurs. But don't let this keep you from defending the morally indefensible. And Merry Christmas, by the bye. Enjoy the trip to San Francisco: You ARE going, of course, are you not?
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

So based on your reply, I will guess that you are now dropping the argument that BC fires more coaches than any other school?

So please enlighten us into how BC is a "coaching graveyard"?

As you have no children or grandchildren you will have plenty of time to do research on this subject during the Christmas holiday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

time to stop trolling  in the putter forum.  this is a joke.  merry christmas all!