Colonial Classic?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Re: Colonial Classic?

In Response to Re: Colonial Classic?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : Calhoun went to AIC and he is helping his college... 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Helping .... how??????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : careful indians...  When dealing with slim and confronted with facts he often shrivels up and attacks you for pointing out the weakness in his argument.  Then he will announce you are on "ignore" yet periodically intervene if someone disagrees with you.   Don't get hung up on this time suck Slim, he wants to argue tiny things that are often irrelevant to the topic or your initial position. Slim is a typical Umass troll who makes outlandish claims backed by nothing.  Leave him be, he's just the annoying guy raising his hand in class quick to spout out the incorrect answer and keep trying to defend his wrong answer with more and more faulty logic.
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Don't ya think it's time to give the world "troll" a break? Get more creative with your insults - but, then again, you might've been an English major an dosme land grant university.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : I know that Calipari is still revered in Western Mass, but isn't it ironic that he's taken two teams to the Final Four, and both have been stripped of their titles? It hasn't happened to any other coach. Here's what Bobby Knight had to say about it him at an IU Basketball Hall of Fame fundraiser: "We've gotten into this situation where integrity is really lacking and that's why I'm glad I'm not coaching. You see we've got a coach at Kentucky who put two schools on probation and he's still coaching. I really don't understand that."  I agree; punish the coach, not the program. 
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Coach Cal (as with so many others) will be hired and hired again and again because there's always another school that thinks they can make him see the true and shining path  ... Bobby Knight has absolutely no chair to stand on to proclaim his superiority.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : I actually don't have any UConn "friends," but that's beside the point. The coach recruits the players. He's the one in charge, the boss who oversees his assistants and who sets the ethical standards for the teenage young men he hires. Calipari either had to be completely naive (very unlikely) or turning hid head the other way to situations that should have been under his control. Do I personally have any knowledge of anything he DID, no? But sins of omission can be just as consequential.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

It's hard to imagine you have any friends.

With that said, what are you discussing, Sins of Omission? It surely seems John Calipari is the model of every coach out there; he has the pizzazz in recruiting, a storied program, and above all, the #1 ranked team in the Nation. KY will again be headed to another Final Four. As Cal has commented so many times:" How many Final Four appearance have you been in?"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]It's like talking to a wall.  Donnn, you don't read a word anyone says. We'll just note that you didn't provide any facts to the matter at hand either and bid you adieu.  I believe you call this "winning" in that strange world you inhabit.  Good luck, you'll need it.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

whiner whin'er n.
    whiningly whin'ing·ly adv.
    whiny whin'y or whin'ey
    adj.

To complain or protest in a childish fashion. Donnn does not meet this criteria, it's referes to BC baseless idiots that pollute this thread each day! 

Read more: http://www.answers.com/topic/whine#ixzz1mUTZaOU5

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Coach Cal (as with so many others) will be hired and hired again and again because there's always another school that thinks they can make him see the true and shining path  ... Bobby Knight has absolutely no chair to stand on to proclaim his superiority.
    Posted by LOTHAR43[/QUOTE]
    Ahhh, the chair incident. Bobby Knight did a lot of stupid, angry things in his day but I believe he ran an honest program. Maybe Calipari should try the pros again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]It's like talking to a wall.  Donnn, you don't read a word anyone says. We'll just note that you didn't provide any facts to the matter at hand either and bid you adieu.  I believe you call this "winning" in that strange world you inhabit.  Good luck, you'll need it.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]
    Slim, I'd like to continue this discussion with you, but there are too many other sideshows going on. We obviously disagree. I'm not trying to win anything here, merely express my opinion, which is what these forums are all about, I think. You're right because the NCAA didn't name Calipari specifically. On the other hand, I'm saying he was, and is, extremely negligent in overseeing his programs (Lou Roe, Camby, Derrick Rose, Eric Bledsoe, etc.), which in the final analysis, is his responsibility.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bac10. Show bac10's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : Isn't this the same thing UCon does at the beginning of the season?  Stump the chumps ..... maybe next year they'll upgrade AIC FROM "EXHIBITION" status!
    Posted by LOTHAR43[/QUOTE]

Critiques of Uconn's schedule, even their out of conference schedule, are not at all persuasive.  Sure they play some easy teams like everyone else but even this year, when it was a little weaker than normal, they played Florida State, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Harvard.  UNC-Asheville and Wagner are both potential tournament teams, as are UCF and Fairfield.  Uconn's strength of schedule is #1 in the country. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : uhhh yeah, have another....  what are you even saying?  I vaguely recognize some of the words you mention but not in that order.  LOTHAR, i think your posts clearly warrant a breathalyzer before you post another comment like above. 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Wow ... "Bozo" "dude" ... breathalizer needed ... indeed I am HONORED to be insulted by the likes of you: You're a coo
    l cat, man!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Thanks cool cat .... I'm even more honored! Does the "ignore" get me big bucks or just a free ticket to Stafford Springs?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Colonial Classic? : Weird how this coincidentally happens when YOU join the topic....
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Donnnnnn .. you just gotta get back to Storrs and hit the ice cream stand: A campus with a good ice cream stand is an honest treasure!