Did this NCAA tourney look a little like the NBA this year?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: Did this NCAA tourney look a little like the NBA this year?

In Response to Re: Did this NCAA tourney look a little like the NBA this year?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did this NCAA tourney look a little like the NBA this year? : maybe it's me then...  that OSU/Cuse game was just plagued by trips to the free throw line and constant interruptions.  That being said, I am not so sure it would matter as I do agree with you that Kentucky looks unstoppable right now.  Jones and Davis are just beasts!  Teague has stepped up and the Miller kid is stepping up HUGE right now.  However, I'm not sold on Kidd-Gilchrist in the NBA.  He only shoots layups and free throws.  Being 6 foot 7 without a jump shot doesn't sound like a Top 5 pick to me but then again you look at Drummond on uconn who is a Top 5 pick purely on potential, you never know. I think the best title game would be kent/OSU but it will be interesting to see if Sullinger gets into foul trouble early. 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    I agree that the officiating has been worse this year than in the past. All the whistles, plust too many time outs, just kill the flow of the games. And you're right about the Duke flop, too, although I think they tried to do something about it with the semicircle under the basket. It's still a problem though. I'm partial to OSU, and I think they can beat Kansas, but Kentucky could be another story.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did this NCAA tourney look a little like the NBA this year? : I agree that the officiating has been worse this year than in the past. All the whistles, plust too many time outs, just kill the flow of the games. And you're right about the Duke flop, too, although I think they tried to do something about it with the semicircle under the basket. It's still a problem though. I'm partial to OSU, and I think they can beat Kansas, but Kentucky could be another story.
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

Duke+UNC = lost credibilty this year in the NCAAs and are no longer the premier conference. Unfortunately, for Tobacco Road,  Kentucky and Louisville are going to be around for a long time, and OSU, MSU and UCONN are not going away. What's troublesome is the detioration of the Pac 12 in the NCAA's, in particular UCLA!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did this NCAA tourney look a little like the NBA this year? : maybe it's me then...  that OSU/Cuse game was just plagued by trips to the free throw line and constant interruptions.  That being said, I am not so sure it would matter as I do agree with you that Kentucky looks unstoppable right now.  Jones and Davis are just beasts!  Teague has stepped up and the Miller kid is stepping up HUGE right now.  However, I'm not sold on Kidd-Gilchrist in the NBA.  He only shoots layups and free throws.  Being 6 foot 7 without a jump shot doesn't sound like a Top 5 pick to me but then again you look at Drummond on uconn who is a Top 5 pick purely on potential, you never know. I think the best title game would be kent/OSU but it will be interesting to see if Sullinger gets into foul trouble early. 
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Sullinger & Anthony Grant will go 1 & 2 in the lottery ....in 2012!

PC has the best recruiting propects of the New England Colleges, one from CT, Ric Ledo, and Kris Dunn... PC will be a force in the Big East!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]I haven't watched enough to get too worked up.  Plus in the A10 we always have had crappy, second tier refs, so we're used to bad calls.  Closet I've come to yelling at them on the tv is that flagrant foul early in the Baylor-Xavier game. That same Baylor thug got called for a similar move vs UK.  There is definitely a double standard in play.  Kentucky is looking unstoppable at the moment.  Ohio State and Kansas both had somewhat easy paths to where they are at, with UNC and Syracuse both losing essential parts of their teams.  If Louisville can't stop them then Calipari is going to be cutting down a net, and 90% of the Country is going to be cringing.
    Posted by SlimPickensIII[/QUOTE]

We'll not have a altercation in the dialysis room, but be assured Big Blue will be cutting down the nets in the Big Easy!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I hear that PC is having some problems with Ledo

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I heard that they are concerned about his eligibility and potential academic performance from a friend who is a ST holder.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]I heard that they are concerned about his eligibility and potential academic performance from a friend who is a ST holder.
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

always like when we hear ' heard it from a friend around the water cooler' does that mean you are trying to make a hidden point or have an agenda?

Unfortunately, for PC they are PC, and an after thought! Would need to agree, Shabazz Muhammad is the cream of the crop, a one man wrecking crew better than Anthony Davis, and Sullinger put together! Entertaining Notre Dame, Iowa, Florida, UCLA, and Arizona!

Shabazz Muhammad
    Courtesy Bishop Gorman High SchoolAlthough Shabazz Muhammad is seen as the next big thing, he remains grounded throughout the recruiting process.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

who is Anthony Grant?  Who does he play for?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I think Cooley was an excellent choice for PC; great recruiter, has also taken a real interest in the kids' academics. 

Great article in ProJo about how he is tracking their academics.  even called a kid from the class the kid was supposed to be in and kid said he was there. 

Seems really committed to changing the culture that has permeated the place lately.

I also heard that UCONN is applying for HE membership and there seems to be genuine interest in allowing them in.  Is it too early Donn or do they need to take their lumps for a few years to attract recruits?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

No greater enjoyment in seeing No ACC teams in the final four, and it looks as if it's another down year for DUKE in 2013!

Coulds be some tension if Danny boy doesn't draft Austin and he will be around for the Celtics, a very very deep draft!

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I agree Donn but the UCONN/ND women's game looked like a gladiatorial contest last night

I should have been clearer in my last post; I was referring to UCONN joining Hockey eats and the factb that they look willing to take them in.  Any feeling on this?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I grew up playing my whole like (even with a couple of kids who later played in the NHL) and agree it can be a tough sport if you don't watch all the time.  It was made for HD though.

We are BC ST holders for hockey so I admit we are spoiled.  I do find it interesting that BC does not seem to be objecting, but that may be because GDF's bile is saved for the BE and he does not want to mess with JY

CT has some pretty good prep hockey (Avon Old Farms, etc) and they may get competitive in a few years (PC had a decent year for example) so they may give it a go.  Biggest stumbling block is the arena

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LOTHAR43. Show LOTHAR43's posts

Children learn from their elders: if the state of play in the NBA is crap, then what should we expect in the college game when the whole point is to make the NBA?Just wonderin' .........................

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did this NCAA tourney look a little like the NBA this year? : I was wondering what HE was.  That could be very ugly as Uconn talent wise doesn't seem ready to join the hockey conference but Uconn has the financials and geographic location to make it work.   It would take some time as I really don't know anything about Uconn hockey.   Problem is drumming up support for hockey might be tough in CT.  I grew up in CT and hockey was not a big deal and poorly followed at least in my area.  Uconn is a basketball school and they are trying in football and if they could be invited into the premier hockey conference, I'm sure they would jump at that and probably should.   Would I watch?  I don't think so, I don't get hockey.  They seem to flick the puck down to the other side, everyone skates down and the ref blows the whistle and you get a face-off.  But it does look  good in HD....
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

That's why nobody gives a crap about the frozen cool-aid teams in Tampa in 85 degree heat!

Noteworthy, to your statement; are you saying Union College has more $$$$$ than UCONN????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Donn

I think it is because if York wants it to happen GDF is smart enough to leave him alone and go with it.  BC will be a power for the foreseeable future so there is no skin off his nose

I do think that GDF harbors a lot of ill will against UCONN and the BE.  I think he really resents being personally named and being old school naming his boss.  I don't  know if he is Sicilian but it sure seems like a vendetta.  He particularly dislikes BC being portrayed as double dealing, which the meeting minutes and notes do not support

I do have to admit from the FB perspective GDF saw it coming and did the best for BC to save a stream of revenue.  The travesty of the BE dangling the AQ like a streetwaker on a corner is a real spectacle.  I think they are also waiting for the whale (ND) to come ashore; they seem content to wait for that to happen