ESPN Top 25 Hoops Recruiting Classes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Re: ESPN Top 25 Hoops Recruiting Classes

UofNDKing,

The mascot of ND is called what?

Seems that UofNDKing, Cheerio and 82nd need to read a bit more about the Irish controversy at BC and perhaps even a bit of BC history.

If you read the article on Boston.com BC has an oral history transcribed from both sides of "the troubles".  The people who provided the oral history were told that their statements would be held confidential. 

Journalists and others have often argued that they can not reveal their sources.  Courts usually do not uphold those agreements.  Thus the reason journalists often go to jail for contempt of court.

While that is true within the US, it is not the US who wants the information, it is the UK.  The questions is, should the US authorities cooperate with the request.  It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

And UofNDKing, your school's mascot is the "Fighting Irish" so your point is what?  Further, I have always found it interesting that ND, founded by French missionaries, call themselves the Fighting Irish.  While it is BC that was founded by the Irish.

Again, all three of you are just throwing rocks, there is no substantive response to Gatzie.  He lists a number of recruits to BC with some background.  You do not comment on the actual discussion, you just make statements that are off topic and barely readable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Gatzie,

There is reason to be optimistic but they are young and we will have to see how they gel.  I like the active recruiting done by Donahue, even going international.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HopVet. Show HopVet's posts

E79. 
    'Eagle' Nickname & Mascot From BC website.

The Eagle nickname and mascot for Boston College's teams were born through the eloquence of Rev. Edward McLaughlin. Fr. McLaughlin, incensed at a Boston newspaper cartoon depicting the champion BC track team as a cat licking clean a plate of its rivals, penned a passionate letter to the student newspaper, The Heights, in the newspaper's first year in 1920. "It is important that we adopt a mascot to preside at our pow-wows and triumphant feats," wrote Fr. McLaughlin. "And why not the Eagle, symbolic of majesty, power, and freedom? Its natural habitat is the high places. Surely the Heights is made to order for such a selection. Proud would the B.C. man feel to see the B.C. Eagle snatching the trophy of victory from old opponents, their tattered banner clutched in his talons as he flies aloft.

Fr. Walsh, CSC, of "the unwashed" did not take The Fighting Irish name for teams until 1927. Lots of $$ left on the table me thinks. The press did call those people "Fighting Irish" before that. Guess Walsh was a smart Irishman that came after all those French missionaries.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

So after yesterday I think it is absolutely confirmed what many of us had suspected - that these individual "posters" are really just one poster:

postingking
    82ndAB
    cheeroh
    googleboy
    UofNDKing

Anyway, I have blocked him and all his aliases. No point in trying to have a discussion with a 15 year old boy who likes to throw stones.

Do you guys think he is also whr? It is a possibility but whr's level of illiteracy and ignorance is just on a whole another level.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

BC's has a moral dilemna here should I report these truth and ethics infractions to the ACC rules committee?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Gatzie,

Googleboy's most recent post is barely intelligible.

As I have said many times before about UofNDKing, his language skills are not those of someone who has graduated from ND, let alone Rice grad school.  I suspect that you may be right about all of them.

The funny thing is that they echo LP's words quite often, even calling BC BCI like LP, the original self hating rock thrower.  I have him on ignore because I can not keep reading his signature but I suspect he will chime in at some point about this issue.  Probably even blame "the troubles" on Fr. Leahy and GDF.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Gatzie,

Let me get this straight:

YOU are accusing someone of posting under multiple names????

To your recruiting point: if they will be so good next year, how many games do YOU think they will win?

Or is that too tough a question for you?

And, have you raced on down to Conte to pony up for season ducats for this oh so promising season?

Tell us, lad.

Peace

PS.  It don't bother me at all if you (or anyone else) puts me on ignore.

For in your heart, you know I'm right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

Facts are your friends not your enemies

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

Provpats,

Yet another required response.  I am sure LP is asking for people to respond to him while we continue to wait for him to respond with actual facts.  As I have said many times, citation needed.

Since I now have him on ignore, let us know if he ever responds substantantively to our requests.  I will then take him off ignore and respond.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trojanfever. Show Trojanfever's posts

BC's predicament read all of the above posts and ask yourself who are the  losers?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Funniest part of the discussion, I recommended that he go back downstairs and log on with a different identity, and he did it...3 more times.  Best of luck with your multiple but identical personalities, troll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Eagle, he just said he doesn't care if we put him on ignore as we all know in our hearts that he is right.....made for a good laugh on a rainy monday morning.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN Top 25 Hoops Recruiting Classes:
    [QUOTE]So after yesterday I think it is absolutely confirmed what many of us had suspected - that these individual "posters" are really just one poster: postingking 82ndAB cheeroh googleboy UofNDKing Anyway, I have blocked him and all his aliases. No point in trying to have a discussion with a 15 year old boy who likes to throw stones. Do you guys think he is also whr? It is a possibility but whr's level of illiteracy and ignorance is just on a whole another level.
    Posted by JamesGatz1[/QUOTE]

So I take it Mr. a/k/a screenname your conspiracy theory has developed to a  list of 526 potential BC bashers awaiting some pontifical jesuit deliberation regarding hidden IRA artifacts lodged beneath the altar at St. Ignatius. Seems  with the exposure BC is getting lately you should add more conspirators to your list, however, thanks for the inclusion. While you quest for significance,  please go back and reflect on your pennmanship and stick with BC athletics which has had little exposure of late on the National scene!

UCONN ROCKS NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPS!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

To the intellectually honest citizens here:

One sad fact should by now be apparent to all of you: the Uber Alles crowd is so insecure that they are threatened by any post that is not sheer idolatry of The Institute, and those two self-esteemed "leaders" who have steered this ship so badly astray.

Peace

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Worship this pal

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

BC looking for credibility ... not in basketball it's meager history shows continuous disappointments and ZERO Final Four appearances .. the life of a DUKE want-a-be in the ACC!