ESPN touts Rakim Sanders as One of the 17 Top Impact Transfers in the Nation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

ESPN touts Rakim Sanders as One of the 17 Top Impact Transfers in the Nation

Today, Doug Gottlieb, on the ESPN site, lists the 17 top impact players in the nation this coming year.

Guess who is there?  Rakim Sanders, whom Doug terms an "elite" player.

Wow, if Stevie Wonder can afford to squander yet another player whom ESPN lauds, just imagine the wondrous surprise he has in store for us this season.

And guess who is not on Doug's list? The transfer from Oregon whom Stevie Wonder has this year.

Thanks once again, Dear Leader and Flippo, for taking yet another step to de-emphasize men's hoops at The Institute.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: ESPN touts Rakim Sanders as One of the 17 Top Impact Transfers in the Nation

wait, you forgot some of it, he "should be an elite player AT THE MAAC LEVEL."  You know, that conference that's well NOT an elite conference.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Re: ESPN touts Rakim Sanders as One of the 17 Top Impact Transfers in the Nation

LP, Gatz posted this, thought you may have missed it, same guy that said Sanders is good.

Boston College Eagles: B+
    Solid first year under Steve Donahue in that they just missed the NCAA.

Gary Williams got a C-.  Probaby one of the reasons he was forced out.  Maryland fires football coach and forces out basketball coach in same calendar year. I thought no one did that?

http://www.chapelheels.com/f2/doug-gottlieb-grades-acc-11/

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN touts Rakim Sanders as One of the 17 Top Impact Transfers in the Nation:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN touts Rakim Sanders as One of the 17 Top Impact Transfers in the Nation : The voice of reason here scouring the web for BC facts and fiction in the unemployment line. Troll get a life BC basketball is a dead issue next year with Duke & UNC. Concentrate on BC baseball, 17-30, and co-sharing the ACC cellar and Omaha a distant dream! 
    Posted by whr[/QUOTE]

Again, were you dropped on your head as a child?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Time to start another thread

How about those minutes?

How about the lack of publicity in college guides about the admin's duplicity?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

How about the turnover figures for the past 15 years?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

Facts are your friends not your enemies

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Lads,

Is any of you actually contending that Sanders would not be a major plus for the Eagles?

If so, better shift your athletic evaluations to Curling.

And, of course, how do you think Stevie Wonder would do in the MAAC with virtually all of Coach Skinner's recruits now gone?

He could not beat Yale or Havard with those guys, including a likely NBA draftee. How could he contend with MAAC competition with the ragtag bunch on next year's roster?

So, if you want to see big time college hoops in greater Boston, you'd better head down Comm Ave to catch Coach Chambers' Terriers, or cross the Charles to enjoy Coach Amaker's Crimson.

Thanks, Dear Leader & Flippo!

Peace

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

and of course al with those guys lost to Harvard two years in a row

How about those minutes?

How do you explain />32K applications including I believe a record number this year?

What about criticism for Calhoun and the suspension, while bringing up other such things at BC which no one in the College was associated with?

time to start a new thread

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I'm supposed to get mad or irked becuase an 11PPG career avg. Division I player isn't playing for the Eagles ? Really ?

Now i'm supposed to believe that this lazy player who never stayed in shape during high school or in college will someday make the pros ?

Rakim avoided being part of a rebuild were he knew he would have to get into shape to be part of Donahue's offense!

Fail LP Fail!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Where has BC gone in it's program?

Small time program, small time coach,  mirrors the failed programs Holy Cross and PC.

Look to UCONN my friend and it's next super stud Karon Iverson, nephew of AI,  sophomore at Northwest Catholic, West Hartford, the next coming of Kevin Durant and looking forward to play for Jimmy Calhoon. Think big my friend, BC is small time as you continue to rap about Sanders, an NIT & NCAA dud, while UCONN captures the filet minonette.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN touts Rakim Sanders as One of the 17 Top Impact Transfers in the Nation:
    [QUOTE]Where has BC gone in it's program? Small time program, small time coach,  mirrors the failed programs Holy Cross and PC... 
    Posted by cheeroh[/QUOTE]

Looks like cheeroh has nailed it - except in his mention of PC. With former Coach Skinner assistant Ed Cooley now there, the Friars will come roaring back - as the mens hoops program at The Institute crashes and burns.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]I'm supposed to get mad or irked becuase an 11PPG career avg. Division I player isn't playing for the Eagles ? Really ? Now i'm supposed to believe that this lazy player who never stayed in shape during high school or in college will someday make the pros ? Rakim avoided being part of a rebuild were he knew he would have to get into shape to be part of Donahue's offense! Fail LP Fail!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Well said.  Love that old angry man refuses to acknowledge that with all these "awesome players" that have left for other programs/nba skinner failed to make the NCAAs in his last season.  So who was bad, Skinner or the players?  Oh wait, he'll claim the team was young.  Yet he will for the 15th time ignore these stats.  Skinner's last team had the following:
    1 senior
    6 juniors (including Dunn, Paris, Raji, Sanders, Southern and Trapani, or you know the entire core of team less Reggie)
    3 sophomores

So please tell me, if you care to engage in actual adult rational debate, how that team was young?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN touts Rakim Sanders as One of the 17 Top Impact Transfers in the Nation : Well said.  Love that old angry man refuses to acknowledge that with all these "awesome players" that have left for other programs/nba skinner failed to make the NCAAs in his last season.  So who was bad, Skinner or the players?  Oh wait, he'll claim the team was young.  Yet he will for the 15th time ignore these stats.  Skinner's last team had the following: 1 senior 6 juniors (including Dunn, Paris, Raji, Sanders, Southern and Trapani, or you know the entire core of team less Reggie) 3 sophomores So please tell me, if you care to engage in actual adult rational debate, how that team was young?
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

You fail to accept common reasoning that (1) BC basketball is dead with UNC & Duke dominating with their fresh crop of 'Donalds super studs, as Roy Williams is eager to show up cross town rival Duke. As a avid Huskey fan, I default to UNC in 2012 as the best of the best out there, with the Wildcats a close second.

Go big time my friend and follow Karon Iverson pursuit to greatness through Northwest Catholic, UCONN, and on to the NBA, as his uncle. Broaden your knowledge and accept reality and also get out of the P R A C T I C E league! 

Kudos to Karon's belief in Jim Calhoun, as he will be fun to watch as a New Englander and a HUSKEY!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN touts Rakim Sanders as One of the 17 Top Impact Transfers in the Nation : You fail to accept common reasoning that (1) BC basketball is dead with UNC & Duke dominating with their fresh crop of 'Donalds super studs, as Roy Williams is eager to show up cross town rival Duke. As a avid Huskey fan, I default to UNC in 2012 as the best of the best out there, with the Wildcats a close second. Go big time my friend and follow Karon Iverson pursuit to greatness through Northwest Catholic, UCONN, and on to the NBA, as his uncle. Broaden your knowledge and accept reality and also get out of the P R A C T I C E league!  Kudos to Karon's belief in Jim Calhoun, as he will be fun to watch as a New Englander and a HUSKEY!

Um, just curious as you put in a (1) signaling your first point, but never had a (2)?  Lost your train of thought?  Don't worry, people of your intelligence have trouble like that, it's nothing to be ashamed of.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

of course it would always help if you could spell the name of the UCONN coach properly.

And of course when I have a steak, it is always filet mignon

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

How about those minutes?

How about Donahue's grade from DG?

And by the way Al lost two in a row to Harvard with that player on the team even when he was a junior.

and of course you realize that Sanders could not have contributed this coming year at BC as he would have exhausted his eligibility

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Appears you need to escape from guidoland in east providence, the French conotation for good steak it's minonette, a close second to Chateau le Braun, however, your cullinary school at Johnson & Wales would not recognize this on their limited menu?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]Appears you need to escape from guidoland in east providence, the French conotation for good steak it's minonette, a close second to Chateau le Braun, however, your cullinary school at Johnson & Wales would not recognize this on their limited menu?

cheeroh - I honestly can't figure you out
    Sometimes I suspect that you really are an intelligent person masquerading as a uconn dunce in order to discredit the shool.
    Other times I conclude that you really are a uconn dunce. In other words a typical uconn grad.
    A google search of "minonette" won't find anything related to beef. On the other hand a search of "mignonette" reveals that it is a sauce most commonly used on oysters. 
    "Chateau Le Braun" - are you talking about a wine, your French neighbors house? Give us a clue.
    It's "connotation" not "conotation", but I am impressed you even knew the word.
    Are you taking a shot at Johnson and Wales, one of the best culinary schools in the country?
    And the name of your team is the "HUSKIES", not "HUSKEYS". The name of the coach is "Calhoun", not "Calhoon"
    Unless you are an impostor stop trying to act intelligent and just accept the fact that you are really STUPID.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

of course he is referring to Chateaubriand, not Lebon James's house