Re: ESPN's Jay Bilas Praises BC's Coach Donahue
posted at 5/23/2011 11:59 AM EDT
Just what do you think Bilas would say on Boston radio? Has he ever gone on local media and criticized a local coach?
Also, look at Stevie Wonder's record:
1. Sure, he won games with Al's kids, but who could not?
2. He brought in Rubin, who was heralded as a bright light, and then faded into a garbage time contributor, if that.
3. He did what perhaps no other coach ever did anywhere: in one year, he drove off or otherwise lost EVERY incumbent scholarship player who would have been eligible to play in his second year.
4. That mass defection says something clear -and ominous - to any objective observer of college basketball - but, of course, not to sycophants.
5. While Steve Lavin in his first year at St. John's assembled a superb incoming class in circumstances FAR worse than those at The Heights, what do we have for next year? A bunch of we hope they'll be good bozos.
6. While Villanova - a school certainly similar to The Institute - has an incoming class ranked at least second in the nation, what has Stevie Wonder done?
7. I have heard from a friend that we are ranked next to last in the ACC for next season. While that has not been verified, it seems correct. For with the "talent" we have, even the most blindly fawning of y'all refuses to step up and predict success next season.
Bottom line: while I wish it were otherwise, the two geniuses who comprise The Gang of Two have once again proven their prowess at de-escalating Eagle sports.