Future of Big East Basketball

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SylvesterMexicano. Show SylvesterMexicano's posts

Re: Future of Big East Basketball

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

Nearly every possible scenario has been layed out by now.  One of them must be right.  Gotta say that Blaudshan's is the dumbest theory of them all.   He used to be good, but the past couple of years he has tanked. 

So what you're saying is the Globe doesn't want Blaudshan writing about other North East schools or he's just a bad reporter/not doing his homework ?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

BC looked very shakey early in the season, like they hadn't improved or learned from last season.  But halfway through this season it's clear that they are better.  Not sure what their ceiling is going to be, I think they still need a few more pieces if they're going to be more than merely competitive.  But they are competing now, that is a step up from last year.

Next year and the year after Donahue's recruits will be juniors and seniors. So Steve needs to get 20 wins and get into the dance. Great find out of New Hampshire with Steve finding Hanlan ,who is from the hockey world of Quebec, the kid is good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to SylvesterMexicano's comment:

Nearly every possible scenario has been layed out by now.  One of them must be right.  Gotta say that Blaudshan's is the dumbest theory of them all.   He used to be good, but the past couple of years he has tanked. 

So what you're saying is the Globe doesn't want Blaudshan writing about other North East schools or he's just a bad reporter/not doing his homework ?

Globe puts a curb on other Collegiate news just Buffoon College, disagree its a conspiracy!

ACC needs to be concerned by the entry of the 'Cuse. Put the hammer to PC. Next year the 'Cuse gets a ***** rivals.com JUCO stud at 6'11" and 230lbs. banging boards with the Dukies, and Troll City discusses YWCA scrub Hanlon?

It's called relevance?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

So.  I hope this means Donahue's going to think about putting UMass back on the schedule next year.

I have to admit I really lost interest in the UMASS BBall program after Flint couldn't carry the program into the NCAAs every year. I also agree I would like to see UMASS/BC play again.

How is the alumni as far as hanging in there with the program ?

Attendence at Mullins way down ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

So.  I hope this means Donahue's going to think about putting UMass back on the schedule next year.

I have to admit I really lost interest in the UMASS BBall program after Flint couldn't carry the program into the NCAAs every year I lost interest. I agree I would like to see UMASS?BC play again.

How is the alumni as far as hanging in there with the program ?

Need to get out of New England and see the big picture in College hoops.

Try looking west at Syracuse instead of fiddling and diddling with BC and UMASS. Derek Kellogg, at 175,000/year is not going to buy you much quality. You get what you pay for, an average player at UMass, and a below average coach. Bruser Flint was better than this guy hands down.

As for BC there a joke, always will be a joke in basketball, and never will attain a Final Four.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Nice to see BC Baseball getting ripped by the Red Sox minor league team today. Their ACC programs suck so bad at the Heights its just embarrassing. Baseball, Basketball Football, all losers in the ACC. Add in the Woman's programs what do you have left BC Golf?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Attendance has averaged 4900.  They had about 7300 for Temple last week, and a couple others with over 6K.   Butler is coming next week and until the current swoon hit, I would have predicted another 7K+ since they've been ranked in the top 10 for a while, although they've cooled off a little themselves this month, so now I'm not sure what the crowd will be like.  

Dayton is another draw that's coming, but they're having a down year.  All in all, not great, but not terrible either.  Especially when I look at BU, where they seem to be getting 500, or less.  NU is having their best season in quite a while and they're drawing about 2500 per game.  This is a tough area for college hoops. 

Good interview with Eddie Sutton on the overall decline in college basketball attendance. It's not just in NE. His basic point is that there are so many televised games, it's easier to stay home and watch, and if it's a bad game, you can just turn it off or switch to another game. What I don't understand at BC is the reason for the poor student attendance. They play hard, they're in every game, and they've become a fun team to watch. Back in my day, when there was maybe one televised game a week, we'd camp out overnight to get tickets. "The times they are a changin."
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/printerfriendlystory.aspx?articleid=20130210_203_B1_EDESTO386813

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:

Attendance has averaged 4900.  They had about 7300 for Temple last week, and a couple others with over 6K.   Butler is coming next week and until the current swoon hit, I would have predicted another 7K+ since they've been ranked in the top 10 for a while, although they've cooled off a little themselves this month, so now I'm not sure what the crowd will be like.  

Dayton is another draw that's coming, but they're having a down year.  All in all, not great, but not terrible either.  Especially when I look at BU, where they seem to be getting 500, or less.  NU is having their best season in quite a while and they're drawing about 2500 per game.  This is a tough area for college hoops. 

Good interview with Eddie Sutton on the overall decline in college basketball attendance. It's not just in NE. His basic point is that there are so many televised games, it's easier to stay home and watch, and if it's a bad game, you can just turn it off or switch to another game. What I don't understand at BC is the reason for the poor student attendance. They play hard, they're in every game, and they've become a fun team to watch. Back in my day, when there was maybe one televised game a week, we'd camp out overnight to get tickets. "The times they are a changin."
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/site/printerfriendlystory.aspx?articleid=20130210_203_B1_EDESTO386813

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmathuna. Show tmathuna's posts

The kids at BC do not want to be seen at Conte, they told everyone at home that they are going to Harvard. BC admissions is doing a great job of building a good safety school for the Ivy League. No one at BC cares.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

Overall, it's an apathetic student base, though there is a good core of zealous student fans, they just need to have more students participating.  As for alumni? They often buy tickets but miss much of the contest.  If the program wins, the place will get crowded.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

In response to tmathuna's comment:

The kids at BC do not want to be seen at Conte, they told everyone at home that they are going to Harvard. BC admissions is doing a great job of building a good safety school for the Ivy League. No one at BC cares.

A good one, as a matter of fact a very good point. BC is the bottom of the bad apple barrel of safety schools for Ivy league studs and little three studs. The top BC student couldn't crack the waiting list @ AMHERST, WILLIAMS, or SWATHMORE.

Conte attendance sucks. Must be due to the absence of Dougie Flutie Flakes move to Florida?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sailman2. Show sailman2's posts

BC is selling $5 tickets for the Conte rafter seats and they still can't get the trolls' away from their Theology 101 books on game day! Releated to ESPN32 and NESN will do it all the time!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

I have season tickets to BC FB. I attend 5 or 6 Ice hockey games and 5 to6 BB games each year. Attendance is down. When my child was in school, I always offered mytickets to her and her friends.  Most often they declined because they were in school. Work had to be done at expense of fun. Weekends were a different story. Ice hockey was her sport to attend while others chose bb. Can't do it all. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

"BC admissions is doing a great job of building a good safety school for the Ivy League." I know that's supposed to be a put down, but it's also a compliment. Let's se e, should I go to BC, UConn, Notre Dame, Holy Cross, or Syracuse, or maybe I'll pick Harvard, Yale, or Princeton since I was accepted to all of them? Isn't it a no-brainer? Then again, maybe not for you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

"BC admissions is doing a great job of building a good safety school for the Ivy League." I know that's supposed to be a put down, but it's also a compliment. Let's se e, should I go to BC, UConn, Notre Dame, Holy Cross, or Syracuse, or maybe I'll pick Harvard, Yale, or Princeton since I was accepted to all of them? Isn't it a no-brainer? Then again, maybe not for you.

Good line of BS there '48, and rocket man was accepted at MIT, and used TUFTS as a safety. Unfortunately, you come up on the short side again, when your credits didn't transfer from Bunker Hill, a loser again. Now get back to your on-line degree program at Curry College.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

In response to dobbinsstreet's comment:

I have season tickets to BC FB. I attend 5 or 6 Ice hockey games and 5 to6 BB games each year. Attendance is down. When my child was in school, I always offered mytickets to her and her friends.  Most often they declined because they were in school. Work had to be done at expense of fun. Weekends were a different story. Ice hockey was her sport to attend while others chose bb. Can't do it all. 

Conte at Buffoon College is like Subway offering $5.00 foot longs get you in, but did you ever think the facility is aging and is looks like the Charlestown Boys Club on High St.  Most big time programs don't have the combos as Buffoon College like pickles, onions, tomato, and carrots servings.

Not to mention the Sand Box a total dump of a venue to attact 5 star athletes!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

All there facilities need a major upgrade.