How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?

In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?:
    [QUOTE]This team may win a few games against other ACC teams because the ACC is really THAT bad.  However, BC will continue to get beat by teams like URI and local teams as well.  This BC team is garbage and that Clemson team was JUST as bad.  When 2 bad teams play, one has to win-  doesn't mean EITHER one is any good.
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]
    Granted, BC is not a very good team yet, but it's not garbage. It's not as good as your beloved UConn. But it's already won 2 more ACC games than I thought it would this year, and I think it's getting better with experience. BC beat Clemson. Clemson beat FSU by 20, FSU beat UNC by 30. BC lost to UNC by 23. That's the way it is in college basketball. Go figure.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Give it a break BC basketball? Change the topic it is about as irrelevant as the BC baseball program another joke and disaster in the ACC!

Stanley Excited About Kiel

Notre Dame 5 star offensive line pledge Ronnie Stanley to get his reaction to the news of QB Gunner Kiel joining the Irish.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

[QUOTE]Give it a break BC basketball? Change the topic it is about as irrelevant as the BC baseball program another joke and disaster in the ACC! Stanley Excited About Kiel     Notre Dame 5 star offensive line pledge Ronnie Stanley to get his reaction to the news of QB Gunner Kiel joining the Irish.  
    Posted by UofNDKing[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me dude?  Change of topic?  We are here because we want to talk about BC hoops.  Especially since ND football is a joke that you won't admit to or even respond to.  ND football is such a national joke that you never respond to me saying while hiding like a scared little girl.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]Give it a break BC basketball? Change the topic it is about as irrelevant as the BC baseball program another joke and disaster in the ACC! Stanley Excited About Kiel     Notre Dame 5 star offensive line pledge Ronnie Stanley to get his reaction to the news of QB Gunner Kiel joining the Irish.  
    Since you bring up ND football on a BC basketball thread (Seriously, why don't you start a new ND football post?), Rivals.com had ND national recruiting #15 for 2012, #10 for 2011, #14 for 2010, and #21 for 2009. All that great recruiting and they're still mediocre, at best. BC is 6-4 vs. ND since 2000.                                

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue? : Are you kidding me dude?  Change of topic?  We are here because we want to talk about BC hoops.  Especially since ND football is a joke that you won't admit to or even respond to.  ND football is such a national joke that you never respond to me saying while hiding like a scared little girl.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

Needless to say, this disaster year has got to those who follow the subway school at the Heights. By not recruiting, or attracting top notch recruits, with no reputable future in sight, your rants are welcomed and display the immaturity in not being able to handle the truth. The truth that being is cllegiate athletics in Boston, in particular BC, is disgusting. 

Gunner Kiel Welcometo Notre Dame!

Gunner Kiel

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue? : Since you bring up ND football on a BC basketball thread (Seriously, why don't you start a new ND football post?), Rivals.com had ND national recruiting #15 for 2012, #10 for 2011, #14 for 2010, and #21 for 2009. All that great recruiting and they're still mediocre, at best. BC is 6-4 vs. ND since 2000.                                
    Posted by indians1948[/QUOTE]

Foot in Mouth ... BC disgusting comes in a loser as usual at # 159

1 Alabama 27 SEC 4685
    2 Texas 24 Big 12 4548
    3 Michigan 24 Big Ten 4166
    4 Ohio State 22 Big Ten 3854
    5 Florida 18 SEC 3468
    6 Texas A&M 23 Big 12 3434
    7 Miami (Fl) 31 ACC 3325
    8 Notre Dame 17 Indep 3214
    9 South Carolina 24 SEC 3130
    10 UCLA 27 Pac-12 2971

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue? : Foot in Mouth ... BC disgusting comes in a loser as usual at # 159 1 Alabama 27 SEC 4685 2 Texas 24 Big 12 4548 3 Michigan 24 Big Ten 4166 4 Ohio State 22 Big Ten 3854 5 Florida 18 SEC 3468 6 Texas A&M 23 Big 12 3434 7 Miami (Fl) 31 ACC 3325 8 Notre Dame 17 Indep 3214 9 South Carolina 24 SEC 3130 10 UCLA 27 Pac-12 2971  
    You've posted this on other threads and you're wrong, man. BC is listed at t59, that's tied for 59th, not 159. Learn to read. If it were only recruiting that mattered, the Irish would be a top 20 team every year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue? : Foot in Mouth ... BC disgusting comes in a loser as usual at # 159 1 Alabama 27 SEC 4685 2 Texas 24 Big 12 4548 3 Michigan 24 Big Ten 4166 4 Ohio State 22 Big Ten 3854 5 Florida 18 SEC 3468 6 Texas A&M 23 Big 12 3434 7 Miami (Fl) 31 ACC 3325 8 Notre Dame 17 Indep 3214 9 South Carolina 24 SEC 3130 10 UCLA 27 Pac-12 2971  

Here's what's disgusting.
    The fighting frauds will again have a great recruitng class, will again be wildly over rated in the preseason polls, but will again have a 5+ loss season and go to a no name bowl
    All that high school talent will again be wasted at South Bend Community College

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedBaron. Show RedBaron's posts

Clifford looks like he may become one of BCs better centers in recent memory. Other than Craig Smith, I don't really remember too many good centers that BCs had. I haven't even given up on Caudill (at least as a decent backup), I remember a game earlier in the year when he was starting, where he put up six quick points and then was taken out and not to be heard of for the next 15 minutes. I guess Donahue could already see how good Clifford was going to be. I wouldn't be surprised if BC finds another recruit in the late stages - if not a JUCO transfer, possibly another international player? And, I do remember a few JUCO transfers who have succeeded at BC, I just can't remember their names. One was a center about 20 years ago who ended up averaging about 15 points a game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

A complete embarrassment in Raleigh! 

The losers limp back to Conte humiliated, and defeated, as the Wolfpack play pocket pool with our BC also rans. Blaudschaun looks for other venues as his "BC turning it Around" proved fatal to his credibility.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

How far will BC's team go under Steve Donahue?

Ans: Not too far!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

[QUOTE]This year, they will be lucky to finish over 25%.  next year probably around the same...  Maybe by the time this group becomes seniors, I think the NIT (first round exit) is attainable but they will need to get a LOT better.  Playing in the ACC helps them because there are only 2 teams who are any good so getting wins against the likes of Wake, Clemson and Miami should help
    Posted by Donnnn[/QUOTE]

Knew the game was in peril when I saw 5 slow white dudes from Jesuit Prep stacked up against 5 brothers who run Tyson Gay, and Usain Bolt.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crm222. Show crm222's posts

I went to the game last night. It was cool to visit the RBC center and it made me feel kind of sad to see how packed the stadium was even on a Thursday night. Most of the crowd were not even students but simple North Carolinians out to support the team. Makes me wonder what BC could do to start inspiring locals to attend our games and support our teams. I don’t buy the “professional sports town” crap and I believe that with a little winning and a lot of advertizing we could increase attendance.

As far as the game was concerned: I observed from the stands that BC needs to stop committing stupid turnovers by forced entry passes and practice better ball protection! So many points were created for NC State by stupid, stupid turnovers! Being freshmen is no excuse. I would rather have an empty possession with a bricked shot or no shot, than the continous easy buckets off of steals by NC State. I think they scored around 20 points off of such turnovers. It would have been a much closer game if not for the easy buckets.

Part of the reason for the turnovers was great defense and quick hands by NC State’s players, particularly Brown. They made it known that any sloppy passes would be intercepted. This caused multiple steals and prevented shot opportunities off of passes to the paint. It would nice if BC could start playing defense that way.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

I agree, turnovers should never happen.  Just seemed like NC State was much quicker

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

I watched last night and cursed every turnover. I'm also wondering why they don't play more zone defense when they can't match up physically man-to-man.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

Don't know where BC found this coach, however, he is terrible. Batter up I'll hold my nose, and take Spazzoo before this turkey.  If being at Cornell for 9 years, pulling off one Sweet Sixteen, is his basis for hire BC get's what they deserve. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc02eagle. Show bc02eagle's posts

Brey came from Delaware, right?  He had a long, impressive track record before coaching ND?????

25. This post has been removed.