How is this even possible?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

How is this even possible?

Can someone please explain this to me?

I mean... how is it even possible?

Only six scholarship players even played tonight (Dunn and Raji were out)!

Cahill and Kowalski...guys who haven't even played organized basketball in three and four years respectively get significant minutes!

Rubin, a kid who was headed to Colgate hitting a few key shots!

BC basketball wins again!

But...but...but....Coach Donahue was supposed to be such an *awful* coach...60% losing seasons....51% (whatever it was) Ivy League winning percentage...yada, yada, yada.

Haters gonna have a lot of crow to eat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

Re: How is this even possible?

In Response to Re: How is this even possible?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to How is this even possible? : Gatzie , You're right. Al's kids rolled again - albeit by 2 at home over perhaps the weakest team in the Big East. The attendance was also impressive: 5,642. The fan enthusiasm sure is back. At this rate, sometime this year we may approach 6,000. And by the bye, Gatzie, better read the latest post on the Sports Scandals thread - I'll be standing by for your apology. Peace, son.
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

Please explain why attendance in the 5,000-6,000 range is terrible under Coach Donahue but totally acceptalbe under Coach Skinner.

One standard for BC and current BC coaches, different standards for everyone else.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Gatzie,

Well, here are some things you CAN be sure of:

Coach Skinner's kids tonight:

1. Accounted for 71 of the team's 86 points;

2. All 5 of them got the most minutes;

3. Got 28 of the team's 31 rebounds

4. Committed only 8 of the team's 19 personal fouls

Now as to attendance, you and your ilk were raving about how Stevie Wonder was restoring enthusiasm for hoops at BCI.

Seems that's just not happening, as measured by attendance.

AND HOW ABOUT THAT APOLOGY RE SPORTS SCANDALS THREAD?

You have no trouble labeling people as liars, bad Catholics, homosexuals.

Are you man enough to admit when you are wrong?

Let's see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bc64jg. Show bc64jg's posts

I just don't understand why anyone would respond or argue with Longputter.  He has his viewpoint - you're not going to change it - not a chance of that.  Responding to his rants only encourages him - witness the ever lengthening signature.  Don't argue with him, don't reply - just sweet silence and maybe he'll go away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamesGatz1. Show JamesGatz1's posts

[QUOTE]Gatzie, Well, here are some things you CAN be sure of: Coach Skinner's kids tonight: 1. Accounted for 71 of the team's 86 points; 2. All 5 of them got the most minutes; 3. Got 28 of the team's 31 rebounds 4. Committed only 8 of the team's 19 personal fouls Now as to attendance, you and your ilk were raving about how Stevie Wonder was restoring enthusiasm for hoops at BCI. Seems that's just not happening, as measured by attendance. AND HOW ABOUT THAT APOLOGY RE SPORTS SCANDALS THREAD? You have no trouble labeling people as liars, bad Catholics, homosexuals. Are you man enough to admit when you are wrong? Let's see.
    Posted by Longputter[/QUOTE]

Why are "Al's kids" playing better under Coach Donahue than they were under Coach Al?

I have already replied to your sports scandals. BC is not listed on ESPN's list of "Top Sports Scandals" as you have alleged. I provided the link to ESPN's list of "Tops Sports Scandals". BC is not there.  I know your reading comprehension is above average, so I am not sure what the issue is.

You said BC was on one list. It wasn't. It was on a different list.

If you say that BC's basketball team won the national title last year and I say that is untrue it doesn't make it true if you then say the hockey team won the national title. Your statement was untrue. It still is.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernfriedeagle. Show southernfriedeagle's posts

Longputter, if you need some funds to by that needed gun, don't hesitate to ask!  wow, what a sad existence you must be.  Not a good way to go around this life (remember, there is no rewind button)...God bless you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP, we've asked and you continue to ignore, so I will ask again.

PLEASE SHORTEN YOUR PROFILE.  It's rude and obnoxious.  No one cares what is says, you think anyone actually reads it any more?  It's annoying. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

copied this from a post on another topic

Attendance 2009-2010 season

2-3K 3x
    3-4K 1x
    4-5K 5x
    5-6K 2x
    6-7K 2x
    />8K 4x  all ACC games

This year
    3-4K 3x
    5-6K 2x

I think we are doing pretty well in this area compared to Al's time last year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Gatzie,

I recently gave THE reason why Coach Skinner's kids are playing better this year: last year, they were a young team, developing into what they have become this year.

Let's cut the parsing here re the scandals. As I've today laid out for you on another thread, BCI (nee BC) is the ONLY school in the nation to have entries in two sports (men's hoops & football) on the ESPN Top 10 Sports Gambling Scandals.

Speaks for itself, does it not?

Momort,

Let's see if I have this right.

You and/or others here have (1) personally vilified me repeatedly (because I dare to express a different view from your adulation); and (2) sought to impersonate me in posts until I made that impossible by adding something to my standard post closing.

AND

Now, I'm supposed to alter my signature because you don't like it?

Huh?

Y'all might want to remember the old maxim that you get more with sugar than with vinegar.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

LP, that's an absurd excuse on your profile.  You can very easily clarify it's the you without taking up 85% of the page.  That's all I am asking.  I don't care whats said in there, I don't read it, I don't think many people do. 

What I am asking has nothing to do with your thoughts, beliefs or your right to say what you want.  It has to do with size.  It's too big. 

So if you keep it as is, it will just further solidify what the rest of us think, you are a very very spiteful person....which is really just very sad.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Heightsman. Show Heightsman's posts

[QUOTE]LP, that's an absurd excuse on your profile.  You can very easily clarify it's the you without taking up 85% of the page.  That's all I am asking.  I don't care whats said in there, I don't read it, I don't think many people do.  What I am asking has nothing to do with your thoughts, beliefs or your right to say what you want.  It has to do with size.  It's too big.  So if you keep it as is, it will just further solidify what the rest of us think, you are a very very spiteful person....which is really just very sad.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

LP,

Momort is right, there is no reason for you to have such a long signature.  It is truly absurd and it also holds you up to ridicule, something you say you are trying to avoid/stop.  You can not be serious about those candidates.

Many of us disagree with your statements.  Your statements are what they are having a long signature does not change that.  We can tell who the real LP is and who is just channeling your thoughts.

Basically we are saying that you do not win an argument but putting up a long signature.  Further, in an ideal world the posts with the long signature would be reported for abuse and taken out because they do not add to the discussion.

I took you back off ignore to hear what you had to say . . . but the long signature is repetitive and not required.  I have heard it too many times and we have even forced inaccuracies in your signature to be changed, i.e. Alumni Giving rate.

BTW, still waiting to hear your characterization of Stanford's giving rate (34%, ranked 13 in National Universities, top 5%) and whether that is pathetic or not.  I suspect that you would think it is because Fr. Leahy is a grad and it is not up to ND or HC's standards.  I am just trying to understand the breakpoint between abysmal, pathetic and excellent.  Further, they are another school that traditionally does not provide academic scholarships.

While I am at it.  Based upon your signature, you seem to be a fan of Ohio State since BC appears to be their farm team.  Looks like the farm team has a better alumni giving rate than the 15% that Ohio State has.

You also claim to be a fan of Fr. Monan who presided over both of the scandals that you think reflect so poorly on the school.  Of course we will point out that those were student led scandals not scandals by the university administration.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

LP,

It appears that you now have the online version of US News.  Go through all the stats, particularly those for financial aid.  Click on the "Cost" tab and then on the "Financial Aid Statistics" Link.  The two lines you are looking for are:

Average percent of need met for full-time freshman students

&

Average non-need-based grant/scholarship for full-time freshman students

BC's numbers are 100% and $10,656.  So, BC is providing non-need based grant aid after they make sure all of the students who have need are taken care of first.  Note, there are similar numbers for upper classmen.

I will give you a pass for the time being because in the past BC's numbers were 100% and $0.  Looks like in these difficult economic times they are providing more for their students.  After you look at those two number go look at other schools, the first number is usually not 100%.  In other words, for students in need they gap need based aid.  Go take a look at Harvard or any Ivy League school, the numbers are 100% and $0 or NA.

So, I'd like you to comment on how BC, with a much smaller endowment and a pathetic alumni giving rate compared to Harvard could possibly provide that kind of need and non-need based aid.  Or how Williams, a school with an astonomical alumni giving rate of 58% and an endowment about the same size as BC's but with only 2,000 undergrads and no graduate school has 100% and $0. 

Looks like BC is doing what you would like . . . providing non-need based aid.

How are they doing this?  Smoke and mirrors?  Personal Seat Licenses at Basketball games?

While I may be giving you a pass, Fr. Leahy and this message board awaits your apology . . .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Helpful suggestions?  That's what suggesting Ron Artest be BCs AD.  The same guy who went into the crowd and punched the WRONG fan in the face for tossing beer on him? 

You are a spiteful toad......must be terrible to be filled with so much spite and hate for your life especially during the holiday season.

shorten your profile to prove me wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

LP,

In the other thread you responded to me that you did not know that BC was providing more non-need based aid.  Read my response above.

Since it appears that you have access to the Online version of USNews I am telling you where to specifically look for that information . . . and await your apology to Fr. Leahy and the school.