I predict Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spaziani will be fired at season's end.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

I predict Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spaziani will be fired at season's end.

I now predict as soon as this 2012 BC Football season has ended, the University of Boston College will by retirement, resignation or any savvy public relations deal  ---- will remove Gene DeFilippo and fire the entire Football staff and a new AD will be brought in to run the show and hire the New Football Head Coach.

The recent events have certainly overwhelmed the alums with the painful series of embarrassments on the Heights.

Gene DeFilippo has now brought shame, bad publicity, and again, deep embarrassment to Boston College. Gene DeFilippo will no longer be AD while you are heating up your Thanksgiving leftovers in the microwave after the Miami Game. 

Look at all the signs that BC Football has become a national embarrassment for casual BC fan alums and make no mistake BC has enough powerful alums and $$$$ to erase incompetents like Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spaziani.

Paging Mario Gabelli!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Re: I predict Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spaziani will be fired at season's end.

wishful thinkking; Gabelli will not get involved

this is not MD where a powerful alum had the head coach fired so he could sell 24 different uniforms

BC has never been stronger in an all-around competitive position in the fall and the move to the ACC has proven both profitable and prescient.

Noticed the original thread is gone.  What happened?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

In Response to Re: I predict Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spaziani will be fired at season's end.:
    [QUOTE]wishful thinkking; Gabelli will not get involved this is not MD where a powerful alum had the head coach fired so he could sell 24 different uniforms BC has never been stronger in an all-around competitive position in the fall and the move to the ACC has proven both profitable and prescient. Noticed the original thread is gone.  What happened?
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

PROVENMORON:

1--Gabelli was scorched live on CNBC Squawk Box and that embarrassed him and BC, ---a now football program GDF trademark especially with this latest Kevin Rogers deal.

2--GDF has to be browbeaten to re-approach the ACC after the first attempt failed.

3--I do not own the Globe, but I re-posted it so selective censorship by BC and the Globe did not stop me and like I said you are a house puppet and lackey, stupid fans like you are the reason we have Stooge Spazoo?

When Spazoo was passed over in 2006 and we hired a real Coach in Jags, no one said a word since most knew Spazoo was unqualified?

Then the sham job search in 2008 and boom, Spazoo was hired.

I know 100 BC alums whose first words were:

"Why did we hire that idiot Spaziani?"

His trademark catatonic calzone cushion pass defense and slower than frozen molasses in-game changes and halftime adjustments were well know in 2008 for 12 years!

BC is just getting its comeuppance and the bill is now due.

Big bill now because of GDF!

Sadly GDF added a few million more like Obama --a 2 year extension for more mediocrity---and BC now has to swallow 4 years of bad clams and calzones in December.

The alternative is empty seats, a destroyed recruiting profile and model with Spazoo at the helm, transfers and BC becomes worse than Duke.

Ooopps.... check that.... WE ALREADY ARE!!!

BUH BYE, you are on ignore for a while since your moronic homeritis is sad and immature and BC has to step up!

Duke. 5-43.

Texas high school 5-A level teams could whup Duke.... and now BC!

Enjoy!

Boston College == MALAISE FOOTBALL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Any discussions on the upcoming UMASS game will be deferred until all thoroughly discusses the BC/Duke fiasco. 

The events leading to the demise of an already sad athletic program before a meager 40,000 fans exhibited just how bad an 0-3 team could remain winless for the rest of the season. With the exception of UMASS who played a tough URI last night, BC is  inevitably doomed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeeH. Show DeeH's posts

I would not mind seeing UMass win next weekend, which would allow for a small but significant chance that BC goes winless this year (though I think they will pull out at least one ACC win).  That would have to force some major administrative changes in the program and/or the athletic department.

If am Luke Kuechly, I am headed for the NFL after this season.  If I am Montel Harris, I am taking a medical redshirt.  If I am Ifeanyi Momah, I am thinking about retiring from football and finding a job in the real world.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASE1. Show CASE1's posts

I was thinking the same thing, until yesterday.  I was at the Duke game and Gene was inducted into the BC HOF at half time.  It might be tough to get rid of him now.  Spaziani was a terrible hire and Gene owns it 100%.  He also owns the whole Jags fiasco.  The article earlier this week describing how they screwed up the hiring of Mark Whipple as head coach by Gene insisting that he keep the remaining O'Brien assistants was telling.  Whipple walked away and said that it made no sense to keep assistants (Spaziani and Day) that had applied for the head coaching job and didn't get it.  He was absolutely correct.  If Spazaini wasn't good enough to be your head coach in 2006, why was he then good enough in 2008?  Why all the loyalty to a career mediocre assistant coach? 

This football program is headed down the wrong path.  They have a poor coach and lack talent on both sides of the ball.  They are looking at a 1 or 2 win season.  Also, the whole Rogers "leave of absence" thing stinks to high heaven.  I don't know who they think they are fooling with that.  It will only make BC look worse when the truth inevitably comes out.  Maybe Gene will retire and get some phony administrator job.  Cleaning house is the only answer.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

In Response to Re: I predict Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spaziani will be fired at season's end.:
    [QUOTE]Spaziani was a terrible hire and Gene owns it 100%.  He also owns the whole Jags fiasco.  The article earlier this week describing how they screwed up the hiring of Mark Whipple as head coach by Gene insisting that he keep the remaining O'Brien assistants was telling.  Whipple walked away and said that it made no sense to keep assistants (Spaziani and Day) that had applied for the head coaching job and didn't get it.  He was absolutely correct.  If Spazaini wasn't good enough to be your head coach in 2006, why was he then good enough in 2008?  Why all the loyalty to a career mediocre assistant coach?  This football program is headed down the wrong path.  They have a poor coach and lack talent on both sides of the ball.  They are looking at a 1 or 2 win season.  Also, the whole Rogers "leave of absence" thing stinks to high heaven.  I don't know who they think they are fooling with that.  It will only make BC look worse when the truth inevitably comes out.  Maybe Gene will retire and get some phony administrator job.  Cleaning house is the only answer.
    Posted by CASE1[/QUOTE]

The best post of the year.

This is brilliance and perfectly written!

Thanks for helping!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eagle79. Show Eagle79's posts

I agree, they should have hired Whipple.  To try to hire a head coach and put constraints on how they operate the program is a recipe for disaster.

Instead they went with Jags which was the wrong thing for both sides.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Longputter. Show Longputter's posts

Chaps,

MHO, we DON"T have a bad coach.

But we DO have n awful AD and an eminently regrettable President.

If they both go, we are immediately back on the road to becoming BC again!

Peace

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Longputter-- MHO, we DON"T have a bad coach.

Did you get hit with a Big Bertha driver in the melon??

LMAO!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

[QUOTE]I agree, they should have hired Whipple.  To try to hire a head coach and put constraints on how they operate the program is a recipe for disaster. Instead they went with Jags which was the wrong thing for both sides.
    Posted by Eagle79[/QUOTE]

Whipple? Really?
    He had a nice run as head coach at umass but since leaving there what has he done as a head coach?
    Answer = nothing

Doesn't matter what the circumstances were, not hiring Whipple as head coach was a good thing. The guy has bounced around the NFL and college as an assistant. That's what he is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

Does anyone realize that BC will not have beaten a ranked team since 2008 if the Gene DeFilippo and Frank Spazoo MALAISE continues?

41 Games, if the present level of play is the deal?

3-13-13-12 -- Three 1/4 years and no signature win?

Tranquill getting 2 years in 2008 for being Frankie's old gravy making buddy and then Spazoo getting a 2 year extension last year have driven the BC Program into Dante's deepest ring of hell.

Only their removal in December 2012 can save BC, the World, and the galaxy as we know it.

LOL!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddanny. Show ddanny's posts

I'm worried that the new ACC may ask BC to step aside
    our sports programs (except Hockey)
    are in shambles

A disgrace to the Great City of Boston

They have to do something
    over in chestnut hill
    it's not rocket science

The AD is an idiot!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

yea danny

soccer the ACC trademark besides hoop both ranked

field hockey ranked so far this fall

football is an issue  it has been for duke as well

I like how all these guys with one post are coming out of the wood work since SJS started posting about his blog two weeks ago.  They are the true INsane Clown Posse

and never answered was the question why you would ley someone stay who did not want to be there

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

Yes BC is a  disgrace always was, and always will be a non factor when in comes to NCAA Baseball,Football & Basketball!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheeroh. Show cheeroh's posts

[QUOTE]yea danny soccer the ACC trademark besides hoop both ranked field hockey ranked so far this fall football is an issue  it has been for duke as well   I like how all these guys with one post are coming out of the wood work since SJS started posting about his blog two weeks ago.  They are the true INsane Clown Posse and never answered was the question why you would ley someone stay who did not want to be there
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

Did  you not hear him? BC is a disgrace to the City of Boston! Answer his Question?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

[QUOTE]

I like how all these guys with one post are coming out of the wood work since SJS started posting about his blog two weeks ago?  Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

I see you finally figured it out ProvenMoron.

Thanks, thanks so very much!

That was my point. To open the Boston College Alums and faithful's eyes to the transition from mediocrity under GDF to the malaise under Spazoo.

Northwestern just lots to Army and UCF lost to FIU!!!!!

When the BC Trustees wake up and see future aluminum seats where there should be frenzied fans, frozen calzones being shelled upon the BC bench and BC getting blown away, Sir Luke K. going pro early, our recruiting in the low end dumps.............. then one man will step up and walk into BC Admin HQ and blast the Trustees and Leahy.

Then crisco rolls downhill fast and then, then the Yawkey Yokel Center will get the nuclear enema they so richly deserve.

Tressel, Leach, Peterson... some spectacular young assistants and Head Coaches out there!

I am sure a great problem to have as a new BC AD! 

Thanks again for pointing that out!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I thought I was on ignore

Liar liar liar

BTW what happens if MG does not step up as you say he should?

An insult (which I have not heard, how about a link) will not push him to action

MG puts on his big boy underwear and has certainly encountered worse

Why would he not go after the person who insulted him?  Why go after his alma mater?

BTW I do think that Spaz is gone after this season but do not believe that GDF is anywhere near in danger.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from momort. Show momort's posts

Losing to Duke is bad.  Bad, bad, bad.  I have no idea about Gene D, I don't really care.  I will care, however, if Spaz is the coach next season.  It's his last chance to save his job.  Bad seasons happen, however the trend here is not something that will turn around under Spaz.  Nice guy, decent D coord, terrible head coach.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

[QUOTE]Losing to Duke is bad.  Bad, bad, bad.  I have no idea about Gene D, I don't really care.  I will care, however, if Spaz is the coach next season.  It's his last chance to save his job.  Bad seasons happen, however the trend here is not something that will turn around under Spaz.  Nice guy, decent D coord, terrible head coach.
    Posted by momort[/QUOTE]

need to agree with you on this one ... however, with Montel Harris out I look for BC to win some, hopefully not at South Bend, as I will be in attendance. Both BC & UND days are challanged by the State Universities which  dominate big time NCAA football. The landscape has changed, with the exception of Stanford, which has a California recruiting magnet to draw upon.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

GDF just gave Spazoo the Great Job by Spazz.... Kiss of Death.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SJS1214. Show SJS1214's posts

[QUOTE]GDF just gave Spazoo the Great Job by Spaz.... Kiss of Death.
    Posted by SJS1214[/QUOTE]

BC's own paper-- Heights-- which does has BC censorship-- described Spazoo with the dreaded disease word!!!

WOW!

Spazoo may have all the symptoms and suffer from incompetency disease but the real carrier and source of the CONTAGION is Gene DeFilippo.

No real savvy Coach in America wants to work for GDF.

You needfirst to replace GDF and then buyout/reassign Spazoo and his 4 years left!

This will happen.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

wow you are answering yourself...good job

Let's look at your candidates Tressel and Leach

Tressel  you want a guy who had to leave because of NCAA issues (lying etc)
    Leach  you want this guy who was forced out over treatment of players?

Each of these is at least a $4M p.a. guy  BC never has and never will pay that type of money.  The ENTIRE athletic program cannot support that type of expenditure

And BTW Jags was a gamble but one other schools have taken

Sherman (a contemporary of Jags) turned A&M around so that they are going to the SEC
    Weis was wooed by ND and given a 10 year!! extension. 

How big a fool is the ND AD?

It is hard to know what a coord coming from the pros wants or what he will be presented with 2-4 years down the road.  It was an attempt to go big time that did not work out