Improving Eagles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

Improving Eagles

Good run at the end of the season for BC. Nice to get one in the tournament. Hanlan was outstanding. Miami up next. Lost by one last time. Can we improve?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

Re: Improving Eagles

In response to dobbinsstreet's comment:

Good run at the end of the season for BC. Nice to get one in the tournament. Hanlan was outstanding. Miami up next. Lost by one last time. Can we improve?

Miami has the ACC defensive player of the year to cover Hanlan, so the other guys will have to step up. I think Miami is too strong inside, but you never know. I was ready to turn today's game off when it was 15-0, and was happy to watch the way they hung in and came back. BC winning in Greensboro, the heart of Dixie, against Ga. Tech., what do you think, Airborne???

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from trbow. Show trbow's posts

In response to cheeroh's comment:

In response to dobbinsstreet's comment:

Yup maybe against Bryant dork not, Miami. Big Boys, and then there's the Jesuits!

Sure cherryho, your limp attempt at minimizing anything related to the program is transparent despite your attempts at opacity.  Thanks for being the fraud you are.  Tweak your meds.

Dobbins, I think it's great that the program has taken a minor step this year.  A few wins at the end will help Donahue build up, but weakenesses at season start cannot be repeated next year.  The rest is up to his recruiting ability.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

A win over Miami would definitely help recruiting. BC fans can hope that happens. Who else will step up against Miami??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Anderson, Rahon and Clifford would have to all play lights out, career games to pull the upset. A Villanova over Georgetown 85' shocker basically. I don't see it happening but I will be watching cause it can happen.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from halshope. Show halshope's posts

BC wins ACC either next year or 2015. They just need to improve on D - offense is already in place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dobbinsstreet. Show dobbinsstreet's posts

Just lost to Miami. Good game. In it til the final1.5 minute.  Tough loss but too many turnovers and missed shots in crunch time. Play in any tournament you can play in. It isn't the big dance but experience is still needed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

BC needs more toughness and strength inside. Anderson has played out of position all year. Here's hoping they can find another Danya Abrams, Uka Agbai, or Craig Smith inside and a Kenny Harley or Xavier Singletary type for defense on the perimeter.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from indians1948. Show indians1948's posts

In response to SlimPickensIII's comment:

I saw in a sidebar something that hinted that BC would turn down a CBI or CIT invitation.  Why?  This is a young team that needs all the playing time it could get.  Does the NIT still have that .500 rule, overall?  If so, assuming a loss vs Miami, that would put them under. 

I'm hoping they do win one more to get into the NIT, it would be nice to see that BC/UMass game that Donahue ducked this year.  It seemed like a second straight mismatch before the season began.  But now, I don't think so, seems like it would be a close one.  And it probably would have been true back in December.

I doubt it they'd turn down any opportunity to play in a post-season game. I think it was the coach saying they wanted to win the ACC and get into the NCAAs. Do you know that Donahue ducked the UMass game for sure? Did he arrange the schedule? They need to schedule non-conference games against UMass, Harvard, and poor YUKON (the team without a conference and without a tournament game) in the future. Does anyone know what the ACC schedule will look like next year?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Therefore, schools selected to play in the NIT were often major conference teams with records near .500 that had large television fan bases and would likely have a respectable attendance for tournament games on their home court"

Heh it would have to be a road game then if they were invited.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

In response to indians1948's comment:

Does anyone know what the ACC schedule will look like next year?

From an ACC press release a few months ago. I think this was looking ahead to 2014 or whenever ND joined fulltime, but that will be 2013 now

18 game conference schedule

play every conference team at least once

home and away against 2 "rival" teams; for BC it's ND and Syracuse

home and away against 2 rotating opponents

And what's up with L'ville?? Everyone else is leaving the big least early. What are they doing?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScreenNameGoesHere. Show ScreenNameGoesHere's posts

Buffoons have a great RPI percentage they played Bryant and almost won.

We all know you don't care about actual facts but since you brought up RPI here are some facts for you.

BC has a better RPI than USC (that would be of interest to your trojanfever identity) and a much better RPI than Bryant

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from postingking. Show postingking's posts

In response to ScreenNameGoesHere's comment:

In response to indians1948's comment:

Does anyone know what the ACC schedule will look like next year?

From an ACC press release a few months ago. I think this was looking ahead to 2014 or whenever ND joined fulltime, but that will be 2013 now

18 game conference schedule

play every conference team at least once

home and away against 2 "rival" teams; for BC it's ND and Syracuse

home and away against 2 rotating opponents

And what's up with L'ville?? Everyone else is leaving the big least early. What are they doing?

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 82ndAB. Show 82ndAB's posts

Duke goes down!

Am I fooling myself, the ACC sucks as a Basketball Confernce and is no more?

Is Miami a joke, is Duke no more, is Coach-K the new Jerry York, Jack Parker past his prime, old, and cannot identify? 82nd Airborne Man is devastated by this loss!

Please, Please Louisville be my salvation, and dominate the ACC once again. I am Shocked!. It was hard at Appomattox and now this?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In response to 82ndAB's comment:

Duke goes down!

Am I fooling myself, the ACC sucks as a Basketball Confernce and is no more?

Is Miami a joke, is Duke no more, is Coach-K the new Jerry York, Jack Parker past his prime, old, and cannot identify? 82nd Airborne Man is devastated by this loss!

Please, Please Louisville be my salvation, and dominate the ACC once again. I am Shocked!. It was hard at Appomattox and now this?

You have BC to kick butt on never won a battle and never will. Can't close out a game!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from undking. Show undking's posts

In response to ScreenNameGoesHere's comment:

Buffoons have a great RPI percentage they played Bryant and almost won.

We all know you don't care about actual facts but since you brought up RPI here are some facts for you.

BC has a better RPI than USC (that would be of interest to your trojanfever identity) and a much better RPI than Bryant

WOW another Jerry Fletcher, Mel Gibson type; has come to the plate defending his sad Eagles ... Might have to get another Coach to Guide your trolls' to the Frozen Four nit wit!

No match against the River Hawks, or the Quinnipiac Bobcats without Yorkie!